SPOILER !! Week July 31

Hopefully, it won't take John or Roman long to figure out Marlena isn't Marlena
and they can rescue her.

I think you are giving the dense Salemites too much credit, lol!

even if we feel Glinda, the good witch, should just have waved her magic wand over the city of Salem and restore everything back to normal

Define normal in Salem, lol!

As much as I like to see the cast branch out of character and spread their talented abilities, I truly hope the Hattie/Bonnie junk is short lived. Those scenes are like fingernails on the chalkboard. Absolutely horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am sure it is short term. But...there obviously is some kind of plan for something or other. Hattie wants Roman, Bonnie wants revenge on Maggie, while Anjelica wants Justin.

Thus Hattie has to break up John & Marlena, so she can be "Marlena" going back to Roman. Bonnie has to interfere in Victor/Maggie, thus getting revenge on Maggie, which would upset Justin, so then Anjelica can move in on him.

Those are the players so far, who knows who else will fall into the mix, but one thing for sure.........they are not going to succeed in the end. LOL

It's just too bad we have to sit through the doppelgangers and watch the horror of this awful writing. I, for one, will skip through this behavioral mess. Thank goodness for fast forward. ShaSha

Marlena finds herself in deep trouble. [Never fear, if Marlena survived her encounter with Stefano at Kristen's Italian castle/house-of-horrors, she can survive whatever idiotic Anjelica can cook up. That said, John should forget about muscle-man Xander and get back to Salem pronto. His Doc needs him.]

Chad, Jennifer, and JJ hold vigil over Abigail. [Would it be mean to hope that Abigail stays in a nice, long, John-Black-style coma for a while? The viewers need a rest.]

Steve’s suspicions grow that Tripp set up Kayla at the hospital. [Little Trippy is in deep, deep trouble. The mighty Steve will be relentless in protecting his Sweetness.]

Tripp is determined to make Kayla pay. [Trippy is getting a little obsessive. He would do well to recall the fate of another recent Salem obsessive, the Nicole-infatuated Deimos.]

Brady cannot shake his suspicions about Nicole and Eric rekindling their romance. [Brady should give it up. What he needs is some warm milk, home-baked cookies, and a nice, long talk with Maggie.]

Marlena is going to be locked in a mental institution? Oh brother.
Yep, I wish they could have thought of a new idea.
Amen. A perfectly-normal character being locked up in a mental hospital is old, stale, and unrealistic even by soap standards. Recall Rafe being institutionalized while Arnold "Fake Rafe" Finnegar suffered through living with screechy Sami. And where do these institutions come from? What mental hospital would hold patients as obviously normal as Marlena or Rafe? Only in Salem.

While Hattie might be able to be calm & courteous like Marlena, she certainly cannot fake the knowledge, or know all the life experiences.

But yes, Anjelica seems to know about Hattie, Bonnie, & a host of other things. But evidently what was going to be a short lived dramatic turn, has been changed to a longer, but humorous tale. LOL

It's just too bad we have to sit through the doppelganger and watch the horror of this awful writing. I, for one, will skip through this behavioral mess. Thank goodness for fast forward. ShaSha

Shasha, I wish I could see the doppelgangers. I think both Hattie and Bonnie are a hoot and a lot of laughs.

While I like Bonnie and Hattie, I wish they were being utilized in another storyline and not yet another woman scheming to get a man. Aarrggghhh!!! Mind you, Dario is scheming and manipulating a woman so I guess the shoe is worn on both feet. I know this is what soaps are partly about but Days over does this and especially over does doppelgangers.

Bonnie/Adrienne
Marlena/Hattie/5 other Marlena running around the globe somewhere
Rafe/Arnold
Hope/Princess Gina
Kristen/Susan

I am sure there are more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady cannot shake his suspicions about Nicole and Eric rekindling their romance. [Could it be that Brady thinks that with all the misery in Nicole's life, she prefers the company of gloom-and-doom Eric to his more upbeat self.]
I truly hope that Brady realizes that Nicole has forgiven Eric, but
As much as I like to see the cast branch out of character and spread their talented abilities, I truly hope the Hattie/Bonnie junk is short lived. Those scenes are like fingernails on the chalkboard. Absolutely horrible.
I agree! No way those three will be able to pull off their bait and switch plan. But it is kind of humorous to watch them think they can become as classy as the real ladies over night!

I truly hope that Brady realizes that Nicole has forgiven Eric, but

I agree! No way those three will be able to pull off their bait and switch plan. But it is kind of humorous to watch them think they can become as classy as the real ladies over night!

Welcome moonwillowmic54. Have fun posting. :) ShaSha

@moonwillowmlc54, welcome, and congratulations on figuring out the use of quotes (on your first try). I had considerable difficulty doing that! :)

Back