SPOILER !! Week July 8

Thanks for all the spoilers!

but my first thought was that it looks like Jordan!
That was my first thought too! Great minds?!

There is, to me, something likable about Ben.
I like him too - I'd really like a rewrite so someone else actually did the murders...then the issue of trust would be over. But I happen to believe that people can change - and meds can really work...if taken!

Eve needs to be sued at the very least for gross negligence and contributing to delinquency of a minor.
I thought Justin covered a few more "infractions" Eve committed - like denying Ben a speedy arraignment...and something about planting evidence. I'm curious about her remarks about Ben's fingerprints being on the gun - he clearly used something to pick up the gun, thus leaving no prints of his own. And then there are all the things LizaK in AZ mentioned. How will this be resolved???

I'm not sure how I feel about Ben but I will say that he and Ciara seem to have one of the healthiest relationship in Salem. They don't jump to conclusions about each other, they don't seem to have any desires to play blanket bingo with someone else, as Ben put it they are "solid". For now anyway.

Just saw some spoiler pictures for this week and one shows Eve sitting on Claire's hospital bed. Really sick and tired of this hospital's rooms having two entrances. I have been in the hospital including intensive care cardiac unit. Never were there two doors. There is no way Eve would be allowed in with Claire alone.

It appears Eve is trying to convince Claire of something, Claire looks somewhat listless.This smacks of Eve covering her butt. Stop the insanity. Eve - you exacerbated this situation and definitely are complicit. Haul the dreaded wench away to the dungeon. Begone henceforth etc. etc. etc. and so forth.

I believe certain criteria have to be met in order to be considered insane, which is a legal term not a physiological term. I don't know what that criteria is. I distinctly remember that when Ben was considered insane he had lost touch with reality. I believe he was hallucinating as well, which we saw happens when he doesn't take his medications.
The original definition was the 19th century British M'Naughten rule: whether a person could tell the difference between right and wrong. The modern definition of legal insanity is as follows: "mental illness of such a nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct his/her affairs due to psychosis, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior." Claire's behavior arguably fits the third factor and I wouldn't be surprised if after a session with Marlena she's off to Bayview until the writers want her back for some story line.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up DrBakerFan. I agree with you, Claire's behavior certainly fits the third factor and possibly the first since she kept saying the didn't telling Ciara she didn't mean to do it and didn't remember doing certain parts.

I agree she will probably be back when the writers need the character.

Gee, they really trashed this generation of Salem kiddies. Joey killed Ava. Theo did Kate's illegal bidding and was paralyzed. Chase became a rapist. Claire is a pyromaniac. Ciara was raped on Alice's couch, then they had her acting out with poor behavior (until the recast). And although we haven't seen them, Johnny was acting up and needed Rafe to step in, and Allie was drinking. So, is Sydney secretly selling drugs to her classmates?

JS, if Sydney is true to her DIMera heritage, she's not only selling drugs to her fellow students, she's also selling some to her teachers. And if she suspects that anyone is about to inform on her, she'll probably kidnap them.

Not really. Not alone. Claire is entitled to have counsel present at all questioning. If her Aunt Carrie wasn't busy with Rafe, she could help. Belle is on her way, so either one should be present.

In real life, no Eve would not be allowed to be in there alone with Claire. But this is Salem, so who knows if she will be allowed in there in a professional capacity. But if she's not, when does "not being allowed" ever stopped Eve?

Perhaps Marlena and Ciara catch Eve in Claire's room and that's how they confront her.

I wonder if we'll some back story of Claire's mental illness? Was a triggered in someway by a trauma? Is she just mentally ill? I'm assuming that Claire is going to a mental facility because I saw a spoiler pic of her in a hospital gown, not sure where.

This is a huge story gap in my opinion. At least Abigail's split made somewhat sense once they explained it. I'm not buying that jealousy would cause Claire to have a break like this.

Re: the 2015 teeny boppers: Ciara is the only one left. Chase and Joey were thrown under the bus. Now Claire is too. Theo was inexplicably sent away. Remember that Claire was supposedly 18 when her parents moved away so she was an adult technically with a town full of family. Olivia Keegan(Claire) has been doing amazing work and she has earned her place in Salem. So I hope she is back soon. I don't think a recast is needed. If that were true, then Ben should have also been recast.

Gee, they really trashed this generation of Salem kiddies. Joey killed Ava. Theo did Kate's illegal bidding and was paralyzed. Chase became a rapist. Claire is a pyromaniac. Ciara was raped on Alice's couch, then they had her acting out with poor behavior (until the recast). And although we haven't seen them, Johnny was acting up and needed Rafe to step in, and Allie was drinking. So, is Sydney secretly selling drugs to her classmates?
All that’s left is for Johnny to accidentally kill his brother’s family (Sonny and Ari) due to his greed and selfishness.

Back