SPOILER !! Week June 25

I know pregnancies are needed in order for the next generation to come along...but the unmarried ones are getting out of hand, and one after the other "who is the daddy". Yes, many here are also convinced Sami will return with a baby as well, only she probably will know the daddy. I just wish it was Jordan instead. Also that Abby's "alarm" is a false pregnancy. Nicole finally got her baby, I do wish that Daniel Rafael would show up. Maybe he will, ala Chelsea's reincarnation.

And then, all these babies mean more kids we never see.....ones constantly taking naps, or out in the park with the nanny, unless they are in the playpen of crib with the curtain draped over it, so we cannot see inside. :angry:

What *would* be somewhat unexpected? If Abby was up-front with Chad about her pregnancy, he struggled but was supportive, understanding what the possibilities are. And waiting/suffering together for the appropriate time for a paternity test.

But I suspect Abby will keep it a secret as long as she can, and there will be questionable paternity even with a test, and all those typical things. Fun.
It's a rerun of her first baby. Crazy Ben, now crazy Stefan. In soaps, nothing is ever new.

Theresa suing for full custody is beyond stupid. She's like a Sami 2.0. There is no reason in the world that Brady wouldn't at least have joint custody.
Nothing in Salem is certain especially in its family court. Recall when Nicole and Chloe were both found to be unfit mothers. Jeannie T. could hire some sketchy lawyer like Ted, who'd bring up all the skeletons in Brady's past, including drug and alcohol abuse and ordering Chad shot, He'd also stress his involvement with Eve who once tried to shake down Jenny for Jack's book royalties. Finally, out would come the crying towel and a sad narrative about how cruel Brady is trying to keep Tater Tot away from his beloved mother.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Wait, maybe Abby will get pregnant with twins and they'll have two different fathers. :rolleyes:
Why stop with twins, which is so been-there-done-that. How about triplets with the fathers being Chad, Andre, and Stefan Zero? (Yes, while in a dazed state, Abigail had an off-screen fling with Andre who was risking his life by cheating on Kate.)

Theresa has a lot of her own skeletons, & if not careful, Tate could be taken from both. There is the fact she abandoned her child, saying she wanted to be free and party. And in the past, she was quite into drugs, alcohol, and sex with strangers. LOL. Would Victor really help Theresa take his great grandson away from his grandson? She could run of to LA with the kid, expose him to who knows who. Really?

Plus then she begged Brady to have sex with her, he refused. He has witness to that.

Oh, I think the threat of going to court and suing for custody is perhaps what is Theresa's idea to have Brady fall in line.

But she definitely is a loose cannon.

Got my Soap Opera Digest today, very sad to read that Lani and Eli's baby is born early and does not survive. :cry: I really kept thinking it would end up being JJ's after all, but now I certainly hope not.

Guess at least it's not Nicole's baby dying this time but I don't like dying babies. Although, I did have a sneaking feeling her pregnancy would not result in a baby.

I don't think Brady is any better than Theresa. And Eve's part would certainly be taken into consideration if they are engaged. If Tate's lucky, they will take them away from both of them.

The whole Lani's pregnancy storyline was a big waste of time. What was the point exactly? To break up Lani/JJ and Eli/Gabi? There are more creative ways to do that. No more dead babies, please?

Last edited:
I have certainly not been happy with Theresa's manipulations since she came back, but I also feel that Brady is not father of the year material. He only thinks about that child when it's convenient for him. It was obvious the other day in Eve's room that he does not usually take care of Tate when Tate told him he was bored while they were trying to work. In the past, he has been more concerned about his current "love of his life" than he has been about his son. That being said, neither one of them deserves to have a child, and it would be better if John and Marlena took custody of him.

So they kill off Lani and Eli's baby this week, but Abigail turns up pregnant? Just no to Abby being pregnant at this time. I would rather she and Chad have another child after her treatment is completed. Not one right now when it is questionable who the father is. Why on earth would the Days powers that be allow another rape who's the daddy storyline? I still have a hard time getting over Sami and EJ's rapemance, and have no desire for another story like this.

What can I say, but over and over and over again, the writers disappoint in repetitive pregnancy storylines. Making adults, young adults, seem just plain stupid and have no knowledge of life and sex with consequences. Maybe the writers need a refresher course on the birds and the bees. Or go to a course on protection during intercourse. This has become common place in Salem. Tired of this. Just plain stupid writing. :fan: :tsk: :angry: :sick:

If Corday actually paid attention to story outlines, scripts, etc. (along with Meng) he might put a stop to the nonsense, but....he must figure they all know what they are doing, and really, does not read (in my opinion) any material he gets. Nor does he care, apparently.

It's a rerun of her first baby. Crazy Ben, now crazy Stefan. In soaps, nothing is ever new.
Well, while I did say *somewhat* unexpected. You are right. It's all been done. But, there are definitely avenues which are completely expected, which supposedly make stories extra soapy (ie, desirable). That's what I'd like to avoid. But from the last spoiler comment here, it seems that's exactly where we're going. (Abigail fears she's pregnant but keeps it from Chad) Oh well. And I still watch.

Yep, In all these years, there have been wonderful stories, stupid ones, horrible ones, evil ones, romantic ones, happy, sad, a range of emotions. I have gotten annoyed, aggravated, puzzled, but whether expected or unexpected, I still watch. The one story I hated truly was the Possession one, being they started it around Christmas. That really upset me. I almost stopped then, as I dislike sci fi immensely. And that storyline is Deidre Hall's (Marlena) favorite. LOL. See, we all find different things to like and dislike, same with characters, or actors.

Trouble with writers & the viewers is like that old adage....you can please some of the people all of the time,all of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people, all of the time. And the writers evidently get writers' block, so decide to drag out the bones of a previous story, as ...doesn't it seem like they mark time with "placeholder" stories, for one month, then begin to build a bit the 2nd month, leading into sweeps month....and that does fall flat sometimes. (Feb. May, July and Nov. are sweeps months)

The writers have become predictable and complacent. No mystery, no I can't imagine what is going to happen, no surprises. What a shame. I hate it.

Back