SPOILER !! Week June 4

We all have our opinions and that’s a good thing. I like Brady, he breaks my heart. He has the addiction problem, makes bad decisions and sometimes has snap reactions. To me he most times seems to be stuck in the middle by either Grandfather Vic or his love interest at the time. He has loved and lost to many times to count and has Grandfather Vic to stab him in the back and require of him unconventional tasks to boot, yet he still has the desire to want to please Vic and have the capacity to try for love. I wish the writers would just let Brady find “The One” and let him have a happy live.

Last edited:
When Joe Mascolo's (Stefano) health really began to fail big time, the show bent over backwards to accommodate him, as yes, Stefano was such a major character. They made sure there were cue cards for him, Andre helped with his wheel chair, & was the one originally to carry out Stef's nefarious schemes. Writer is correct (in MY opinion) that Stefano was not an old man, but a monster who physically was no longer able to get around as he once did.

While we have seen many of the characters on Days get away with things......Stefano was the king, the champ, the sultan of doing so. While Victor has managed to do so a great deal, Stefano was a master at it. As I said elsewhere, Stefano goaded a distraught Hope into shooting him, making sure he was taking one last Brady victim down with him. His health was failing big time, he wanted to die, but was not going to do it all by himself.. Thus his maniacal laughter when Hope fired the first time. Joe Mascolo was aces, no one can replace him.

I do hope the DiMera reign of terror in Salem is at an end, now that Stefano and Andre are both gone. Tis better with a variety of villains.......which is why Stefano would appear, wreak havoc, then be gone for several months, a year or so. Then back he would come for another round. Things were never the same when he was there permanently.

AND, I will repeat my thought, that shooting Stefano was not the bad part. The coverup was. That should never have happened. Hope could have gotten justifiable homicide, temp. insanity, etc.

But Days usually follows the same path. The good guys have good reason, the bad guys don't. In this case, after trying to cover up Stef's death, that mistake was compounded big time with attempting to frame Andre. And while Andre was also a monster, he was in jail for something he did not do. Same as Gabi. (see, this is what I meant,.....sympathy for framed good gal Gabi, none for framed bad guy Andre.....with same thing happening to both)

Writer is correct (in MY opinion) that Stefano was not an old man, but a monster who physically was no longer able to get around as he once did.
Those who know me well may recall I once wrote a fan-fiction right here on SalemSpectator.com that featured not just Hope, but a bevvy of others assisting in the murder of Stefano. I 100% approve of Stefano's murder, even at Hope's hands.

I do not approve of her framing someone, even slimy André. But I could even forgive that.

I can not ever accept that she just waltzed back into her job as a cop, and then commissioner, because her crime of framing someone for a crime she committed should permanently bar her from same. I could 100% support her as a PI/vigilante working with/at odds with Rafe and the police force. There's a bunch of stories that could be told with that type of a setup.

Some things just can't be un-done with a wipe of a pen. For me, like the incident between the "golden couple", this is one of those. And for the record Rafe and Hope don't bother me when the show's not talking about how super they are together.

I can not ever accept that she just waltzed back into her job as a cop, and then commissioner, because her crime of framing someone for a crime she committed should permanently bar her from same. I could 100% support her as a PI/vigilante working with/at odds with Rafe and the police force. There's a bunch of stories that could be told with that type of a setup.

On that, Jason, I agree 100%. It is ridiculous how these people go back to their jobs after everything they do. Especially the cops. Hope should have stopped being a cop after being nighttime Hope. Then again, all these people have committed crimes, they get out on a technicality, or some other lame excuse, and they continue to live normal lives, with no restrictions. (Not to mention all the CEOs in Salem with no experience or diplomas whatsoever.) You never see anyone being assigned to their home (house arrest, I think it's called), or going to see their parole officer, or having to respect conditions, like not crossing borders, etc. Ridiculous indeed.

I do agree about the framing being worse.................but does everyone know she did that? which is how she was able to stay on the force?? Then again the population in Salem is so limited, not much to choose from, is there?

I actually liked Raines when he first came to the Salem PD (before they had him turn bad). He was an outsider and could actually lend some credibility to the Salem PD which is often nothing more than a running joke. With Hope or even Rafe as commissioner, there is too much nepotism and favoratism in the police force.

The shooting of Stefano was never an issue to me. He goaded Hope when she was distraught over Bo's death to kill him. What always annoyed me was the coverup by Rafe and Hope (and even Roman when they told him) and the framing of Andre for the murder. They were the good guys and actually stooped to the level of someone like Kate, who would have no hesitation in doing a crime like this. I actually approved of Roman retiring, and wish that Hope and Rafe could have left the police force at the same time to pursue other career opportunities, without looking like a bunch of hypocrites in instances like this.

Oooh, I think you are right, Kat. Thank you. Soooo........is this standard Salemite behavior....break up so go sleep with the 1st person you run into? Lani/Eli, Rafe/Sami, Tripp/Claire.....I'd say Days is going overboard in that area........

I will be very, very disappointed if Will and Sonny get back together, if Will regains his memory. I have come to like Will and Paul much more than Will and Sonny. And for once, I would love to see someone on Days say "It won't change anything" and to see that indeed, it didn't change anything. So no to Will and Sonny, please.

As far as Ben is concerned, amazingly enough, I'm willing to see where that goes. Him saving Ciara could be good stuff. But don't get me started on Claire and Tripp. :sick::sick::angry::angry:

Back