SPOILER !! Week Mar 8

Absolutely right Dachsie.

While most writers do at least a flow chart, if not an outline, then flesh out the story, then add dialog and direction; Ron just makes it up as he goes along.

So not the way to make sure to keep characters and their histories intact.

I think a good example of careful planning is This Is Us. The producers/writers have said they carefully plotted out the storylines and how they wanted to incorporate the flashbacks and flash-forwards and that they weren't just making it up as they went along.

Yep. I realize that the sudden departures of an actor makes things difficult at times, as one loses a character. Personally, I don't know why they did not do a temp recast for Hope, since the characters was going to be written out for 5 mos. anyway, instead of the scrambling to rewrite and shove thing around. But, oh, well.

So.........did it go....."let's have the twins kidnapped, parents are cops, should be good. Hey, we have excuse to bring Vivian & Ivan back. Ooooh, good idea, let's do that, see where it goes"..

Why hasn't Johnny come back to town?

Tate should be a teen by now. He could cause his dad some problems.
There is also Parker. Chloe is in town so he should be there, too. And with Philip in town they could address whether he's the father or not.

Ron Carlivati could also bring Tyler back to town and have Parker and Tyler be the next Charlie and Tripp since he likes repeating stories so much. :sarcasm:

Back some years, Philip had custody of Parker...HE did the DNA test which showed him to NOT be the father, so he brought Parker to Chloe, with that info, and left.

DNA tests are never accurate in Salem. I would like Philip to have a child (and there are two potential sons for him). Philip, like Eric and Rafe, is at an age where he should have already had children.

except Phil did not have the DNA test in Salem...he was not living there at the time.

Back