SPOILER !! Week May 20

Wow, I almost didn't recognize JJ and Haley in their disguises. :rolleyes:

dool_024.JPG

and THAT says it all! Eve has been an annoying piece of work since she first came back to Salem, but this last go round when she returned with puppet Jack (and I do love Matt Ashford's previous returns as Jack) is exactly as described by JS.

Agreed, the actress who plays Eve is good. Otherwise, she couldn't make the character of Eve so unlikable. But I have never liked the character and this time it's just too much. In the past, I've enjoyed Jack, though not all the time. I've never like him in silly mode. This time they have brought out the very worst of his silliness and combined it with Eve's conniving nature, to make them both mean and despicable and too giddy/silly to watch.

I also agree with what JS said. I also think that at this point Eve has been written into a corner but Ron clearly favors writing for her over characters so we are stuck with her. I wish that wasn't the case. I hate that Jack has had hardly any interaction with his family since he returned 5 months ago yet Eve continues to be front and center.

I am so furious about Eve becoming commissioner I don't know what to say. I can hope it changes quickly and Rafe, Roman, or Abe are appointed Commissioner.

I agree with JS and Heather4CU. I believe that the character of Eve is beyond redemption. She has turned Jack into an evil puppet who she totally controls. I would think that a police commissioner needs to have experience in law enforcement and Eve does not. I belong to a police family and this would never happen outside of Salem! Her experience is on the criminal side of criminal justice, but I doubt that counts!

The commissioner could have easily been fulfilled by an outsider. It may have made things interesting to have fresh blood to mix it up. Hopefully that's the way it will go once Eve gets booted.

I'm guessing they will find the Rolf's diary, cure Will and then restore Jack's memory as well. At least there's that.

If what I saw on an upcoming preview is the stories direction, I really think I’m done with Days. I am frustrated, disappointed, and furious with the writing. Eve, (the prostitute) commissioner and Jack the Mayor.....no, no, no. And we’re back on hammering Ben again!

Who are the writers and it’s anyone's guess where they have their heads stuck up.

Last edited:
Back