SPOILER !! Week May 20

Boy, oh boy!!! Let me say, the Horton Cabin can sure tell many stories of what has taken place there. Tom Horton and Mrs. Horton are probably turning over in their graves. By now, that cabin needs to be demolished, hit by a hurricane or tornado. Just sayin guys. Then what would all the quirky, devious, lovers, non-lovers do or go. So old already, time to dismantle this shack/cabin. :whack::beat:

Oh, it serves it's purpose, I guess. Trouble is, different writers project it in different ways...Some years Hope or Maggie go to "close it down" for the winter, then we have those who go visit in the winter. It was portrayed as being all by itself on this little island, then another time, there is mentioned the "other" cabins on the island. Also a caretaker who opened them for the season and closed them. One got there by Horton's boat..........and then there was talk of the ferry! One time, in winter, it was snowmobiles.

Trust me, I know exactly what happens with unoccupied cabins in winter, plenty of them where I live. And obviously, the writers have no idea. LOL. I remember that cabin had an outdoor shower! Wonder if it had an outhouse, too. :)

Hope they took along some tasty treats to schmooze the Horton Cabin raccoons and the Smith Island Preserve bear.
And they'd better have covered their tracks well. The raccoons wouldn't appreciate their domain being invaded by law enforcement. And if the cops and/or ICE do show up, it will be very embarrassing for them to then be driven off Smith Island by some gun-toting fierce, furry critters. As for Xander being caught red-handed, this rates a big "so what." Xander always rebounds regardless of the situation. E.g., everyone knows that he shot the beloved Marlena off the altar, but nobody can do anything about it.

Trust me, I know exactly what happens with unoccupied cabins in winter, plenty of them where I live. And obviously, the writers have no idea. LOL. I remember that cabin had an outdoor shower! Wonder if it had an outhouse, too. :)
There was a time when assorted Salemites would talk about getting the cabin ready for winter. Perhaps, by now they just count on the raccoons to keep things in order.

With Hope no longer commissioner, they may be up to the task. On the other hand, Hope might have been the only one to think of the cabin (in between flirting with Ted and being an all around fool), so it's a toss up in my opinion.

I am not sure how some of these people get SOD a week ahead of everyone else and I haven't seen any scans, but I am seeing that the May 27 issue has Jack making Eve the Police Commissioner! Saw it in a Facebook group.

Last edited by a moderator:
As many visitors as there have been, I don't recall anyone renovating or updating the cabin at all. By now, and of course years before, the mold and mildew must have taken over.

One would think, but the Salem PD isn't always the brightest crayon in the box.

Actually, they should hide in an office building, being that no one ever goes to work, or does their business in the square or Pub.

Or hide in Jennifer's attic with Great Uncle Tommy and Lulu the Elephant.

Back