SPOILER !! Week May 6

I've been saying for a while that Days of our Lives has no more balance. It's all despair, gloom and doom, misery, all the time. Apparently, "happy" does not sell anymore.

And I have noticed that's it's the same pretty much everywhere on television, or in books. Now, for instance, if I pick up a detective story, the bad AND the good must have all kinds of problems. The murderer, of course, but also the detective, who is either on drugs, or facing other kinds of demons.

It's like nobody can be happy anymore. To me, that's just sad.

Sorry, I went off topic a little. Carry on.

A friend & I had a phone conversation last night during which we got on subject of how we find ourselves more often, watching reruns of old comedies, dramas, etc rather than newer offerings...and what Writer said is undoubtably the reason.

There is nothing enticing in a SWEEPS month spoiler when the indications are nothing but misery & sadness.

If Nicole's child is taken from her, I'm done. Just because the actress is very good at breaking our hearts with her misery scenes is no reason to always have her in pain.

I am leaving Monday for a camping trip. For the first time in forever, I won't set my DVR to record Days. If I get the urge to watch and nothing else is going on, there are TVs in the RV. Yeah, it's more glamping than camping, but at my age it's what works. I can't see anything in the spoilers to make me excited about watching. It's the same old plotline we've seen a few hundred times but with different (sometimes) characters.

I am GUESSING that Xander has kidnapped Holly, and somehow, the child is thought to be, or appears to be, deceased.
And I do agree that with the spoilers indicating entirely too much sadness, it is probably best to forego the VCR setting for time away.

I have read some things in SOD which really were not what I wanted to know. But news already is out.........so, For some reason Sheila kisses Abe, both realize there is nothing there. When Val surprises Abe by coming for the debate, she sees them, talks with Abe and both feel their long distance relationship isn't working out (we all knew that already), so they will be friends, period. Sheila decides to quit her job & leaves same day as Val.
Jack has taken a pic of the Abe/Sheila kiss, shows it at the debate. (he is sinking lower and lower being tied to that Jezebel, Eve. )
And of course, there is Sarah, who cannot make up her mind, and having exchanged "feelings reveal" with Eric just a few minutes ago, is going to fall apart because Nicole is back, & she knows exactly how Eric will react! So poor Sarah will step back, have her meltdown, need comforting, but decide to still marry Rex. Sheesh!

I can't think of anything to add to what's already been said. If they kill off Holly or even have it appear she is dead, I will NOT be watching!

I haven't been able to watch modern tv for a long time. A choice of asinine sit-coms, graphic sex, or blood and gore is not a choice for me. Yes, I know, shows are more realistic now than they once were, but that's exactly why I don't watch them. I can get more than enough of all that on the news. I'm so glad the old reruns are still around so I can find something entertaining.

Okay so Jack snaps a picture of single man Abe, kissing single woman Sheila and..... shows it during the debate.....why would this be newsworthy?
because Sheila did time? really why would anyone care??
Taking a photo of the police commissioner with Ted sharing a gift would be a good picture.... showing how deeply conflicted/flawed the married commissioner is

I'm just so happy :sarcasm: that I'm home doing rehab during this exciting sweeps :fan:

Spoilers from https://tvsourcemagazine.com/2019/04/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-april-29-may-3-2019/

Rafe disobeys Hope’s orders, which ends in tragedy

John and Marlena celebrate their six-month anniversary

Ben and Ciara break difficult news to Stefan and Chloe

Kayla gives Sonny and Will bad news.
Tragedy, difficult news, and bad news. What are the writers trying to do, depress the viewers so much that they'll need the services of a real-life Dr. Marlena Evans?

Monday, May 6, 2019
Stefan is caught secretly trying to usher Gabi out of the mansion. [What a loser, he can't even successfully cheat in his own mansion. And instead of canoodling with the awful Gabi, he ought to be doing something to make his cardboard fortress of a mansion truly secure.]

Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Nicole lashes out at Eric. [OMG, this will make the usually morose sourpuss even more of a downer.]
Hope and Rafe's marriage implodes. [It's about time. Corrupt Commissioner Hope was never good enough for him.]

Thursday, May 9, 2019
Jennifer returns from her trip and runs into Jack. [Oh, joy. What could be more fun than another unplanned meeting with hapless, clueless Jack.]

Friday, May 10, 2019
Eve gives Haley an ultimatum. [Who is this cheap schemer to give anyone anyone an ultimatum? It's too bad that a fed-up Victor doesn't tell Eve to get out of town or else.]
Xander walks in on Brady comforting Nicole. [The X-man returns. Can his fetching towel be far behind?]
Maggie is tempted to drink. [This is probably about Victor and Kate, but if anything is driving the viewers to drink it's Maggie's awful daughter, Sarah, and her terminally-dull fiance, Dr. Rexy.]

Tragedy, difficult news, and bad news. What are the writers trying to do, depress the viewers so much that they'll need the services of a real-life Dr. Marlena Evans?
But they've reduced Marlena to a person with very few boundaries - telling way too much private information to way too many people! I don't think I want to go to a shrink with her current ways of doctoring!

As to Jack using pic of Abe/Sheila kiss in debate.....he evidently plans on claiming inappropriate behavior on Abe's part......with Abe's employee.

Since when is a kiss inappropriate behavior? It’s not like they have a sex tape or pictures of them in bed together. Unless there is a rule for the mayor not to kiss his secretary assistant.

Deleted political comment......P

Last edited by a moderator:
Am only reporting what I read......and with the way Days cuts scenes, added to the sloppy editing, who knows what will transpire on screen for us. Still waiting for a special gift John had for Marlena months ago. LOL That was in spoilers....but sure never appeared on screen. LOL

Back