SPOILER !! Week Oct 11

Did anyone ever watch Soap, the primetime comedy in the 1970s that was a parody of all soap operas? I recently found it while streaming and started watching it, it's hilarious. The reason I mention it is they had a devil possessed baby on the show. It wasn't too bad. He just threw people out of the room and banged stuff around in the nursery. His father, an ex-priest, exorcised the devil out of him and then he was a normal baby for the rest of the series. It was only on a few episodes and was not that bad. Hopefully, Days will keep it short like that if they go there, but knowing Ron's tendancy to drag things out, not likely.

Spoilers from https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/spoilers-for-the-week-of-october-11th-t43308.html#p2099003

Monday, October 11, 2021
Abigail and Chad re-enact a scene from John and Marlena’s love story.

Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Marlena is horrified to learn of the Devil’s diabolical plans.

Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Ciara assures Ben they made the right decision.
Eli and Lani help Paulina and Abe celebrate their engagement.

Thursday, October 14, 2021
EJ blindsides Chad and Abigail.

Friday, October 15, 2021
Philip loses it when he walks in on Brady holding Chloe again.
So, if Ciara has a baby, do you suppose it will be a baby devil , as in 'Rosemary's Baby'. I believe that was the name of the movie Mia Farrow was in and gave birth to a devil. Just wondering...

So, if Ciara has a baby, do you suppose it will be a baby devil , as in 'Rosemary's Baby'. I believe that was the name of the movie Mia Farrow was in and gave birth to a devil. Just wondering...
Why else would "Help me RonDuh, Help, Help me RonDuh." have a newly married couple wanting to have a bun in the oven?

What in God's name is Brady doing holding Chloe?
This is such a STUPID storyline. These are 40+ year olds acting line 9 year olds. Why can't Chloe just say leave me alone and have Brady leave her alone? I mean she's told him I'm will Philip, why must Brady do this? And why must Philip fly off the handle. Moira is correct this is scintillating story telling.....

I agree, Brady is so annoying and so is Chloe!!!! This story makes me more frustrated than anything! I don't like Philip flying off the handle but really what is the deal. He needs someone that truly is into him and not stuck in the middle! Why can't Chloe just tell Brady to cool it for a while. Oh yeah they are FRIENDS :rolleyes:

I think the hug is just the final "bye". Brady promises to stop bugging Philip, Chloe tells him & he promises to stay away. Philip spies, sees the hug, & blows his stack as usual.
While Re-Ron thinks this is all great, he really needs a reality check. So does Corday, who is accepting the garbage being spewed out, while NBC needs to wake up as well.

One thing that bugs me about soap writing in particular, is the CONSTANT misunderstanding when characters hear part, and I do mean only part, of a conversation. Or see a hug, embrace, read it wrong. Happens over and over, is a tired, overused hack. Yes, it happens on all the soaps, and even prime time movies (Hallmark, particularly) & is very overdone.
It has become expected, boring, all over.

I think I am going to stop watching the show. I have no interest in this possession story and have no desire to input that crap in my mind. I may peak back in at Christmas to see Missy Reeves but I just cant do this storyline. I will just keep up with reading

What in God's name is Brady doing holding Chloe?
This is such a STUPID storyline. These are 40+ year olds acting line 9 year olds. Why can't Chloe just say leave me alone and have Brady leave her alone? I mean she's told him I'm will Philip, why must Brady do this? And why must Philip fly off the handle. Moira is correct this is scintillating story telling.....
I agree. Get over it!!!!!

I found it fun and amusing watching and listening to Chad do his "John Black".

At least the possession story contains characters I like and want to see. It has a lot of the vets. I hear a lot of people are tuning out because of that story, but actually, the other stories are not that interesting right now to watch, either. I am sick of Brady, Philip, and Chloe and don't really care who she ends up with now. I also do not want to watch Bonnie with Justin since they never made it the story that she is a brainwashed Adrienne. I just want them to send her to prison now and have Justin move out to Arizona with his sons. He can visit occassionally since Wally Kurth (Justin) is recurring anyway. They need to move Xander and Gwen's story along and reintroduce Sarah back in the picture. I'm not crazy about the Rafe/Ava/Nicole/EJ angle either, or Philip blackmailing Gabi for her company. I do think the Allie/Chanel/Johnny/Tripp story is interesting right now, but with the exception of Tripp the other three are involved in the possession storyline. I'm just curious because I don't see anything in these other stories to hold my interest if not watching the possession story that has a lot of the vets in it.

Back