SPOILER !! Week Oct 17

After watching today's episode (Wednesday), it's evident that EJ is going to get smacked a lot. Johnny got smacked, and EJ got smacked, although Johnny didn't deserve it, EJ definitely did, and from the fall previews, a few weeks ago, it looks like EJ still has another one coming from Eric. I'm glad it's not just the women smacking each other around, and EJ just really had a few coming. :rotfl:

Not related, but also from the fall previews, it showed Kayla going through heavens gate, or in this case door, and apparently seeing someone on the other side, which I assumed would be when she has the illness, and almost dies, but on Tuesday's episode, the brief 5 seconds that she was at death's door, and murmured "Mom", nothing from that preview scene showed, unless this happens later on. Perhaps it was cut???

One last late observation, I guess the pandemic completely passed over Salem. No one ever wore a mask, for storylines sake, no one mentioned the pandemic, or anyone in Salem suffering any difficulties, or passing away because of it. Would just have been more than a little realistic for at least a passing nod.

One last late observation, I guess the pandemic completely passed over Salem. No one ever wore a mask, for storylines sake, no one mentioned the pandemic, or anyone in Salem suffering any difficulties, or passing away because of it. Would just have been more than a little realistic for at least a passing nod.
Actors on the show have noted (in the past) how careful the show was during the pandemic. Everyone wore a mask at all times, until actual filming, and had to don them again when the cameras stopped. Actors were positioned 6 feet apart, and they only filmed 2 or 3 characters in a scene. At one point, Belle and Shawn were to kiss, and her real life husband was used as the stand in (only filmed from the rear). It is not always easy to hear what a person is saying with those masks, and everyone would have had to be wearing them on screen, so very impractical.

Supposedly that scene with Kayla happens later on this fall.........a dream, or telling someone what she felt she experienced when she was so sick, & flatlined.......Then again, who knows, Orpheus could attempt to kill them all again, couldn't he?

I have so many things.... so here goes.... why does Li have to sign Gabi's divorce papers???? that is what it looks like in the preview photos.... if you look at the pictures you can see that they are still pretty much observing the rules of 6 feet.... it's awkward to see them stand so far apart but totally understandable.... so actors I guess are willing to be closer.... John/Marlena, Steve/Kayla, Roman/Kate.....

The other thing, it seems unsensitive (yes, I know using that word in context to what Ron writes) to have a deadly respiratory illness take down only 3 women and it's easily cured with goo from a flower. Lots of viewers lost family or they themselves are suffering from long term issues.... but it's duh plot and we must honor Ron's wishes..... and bow to the amazing master story teller.....:sick:

I thought the same thing robin, that it was kind of tacky for Ron to have come up with a storyline where three characters are at death's door and are immediately cured by some hinky potted plant cure, after the world lost over million people, who were people's loved ones, to Covid.

Actors on the show have noted (in the past) how careful the show was during the pandemic. Everyone wore a mask at all times, until actual filming, and had to don them again when the cameras stopped. Actors were positioned 6 feet apart, and they only filmed 2 or 3 characters in a scene.
Yes, I remember reading the precautions they were taking, way back when it was a question about if they'd run out of pre-taped episodes before the actors were able to come back to work. My only real issue was that covid was never mentioned, even in passing, that I remember, on the show itself. I just would have thought that the topic would have come up in the storyline, even if it was in past-tense, as a post-covid mention, or even an end of episode memoriam to the loved ones we lost due to covid. I had it twice, but was blessed and survived, but many were not.

I know it's not Ron's responsibility to be socially conscious with the show, just thought it was a little oversight, in storytelling, to not even mention it, even briefly, or even do one of his time hop things again, and/or have that as a mention, as to why some of these family loved ones aren't here, for some of these terrible times the characters are going through. (Abigail, Marlena, Kate, and Kayla, I'm sure there are more over the years I've forgotten)

He wouldn't have to have done a whole storyline necessarily, although it could have been a short conversation, or mention, especially say on the current story of the three ladies, of whether, or not, all three had their covid vaccine, say perhaps. Either way just seems a little bit of a misstep.

I don't know about GH, but Days, Y&R and B&B all made the decision not to discuss covid or incorporate it into storylines. Some of the various producers and writers commented that people were looking for an escape during the height of the pandemic and didn't want to see it playing out on their TV screens.

Some prime time shows addressed/incorporated it and others didn't. There was really no right or wrong in how it was handled. I personally didn't want to see it played out on the soaps, but that's just me.

Just curious, may have easily missed it along the years, but what EXACTLY is it that DiMera, and Titian for that matter, do? Do they make anything other than an occasional drug deal? Is it shipping exports? I know there's Basic Black that is Titian owned; it actually seems above the board legit, and DiMera owns Gabi Chic that's also legit business, but is there anything else that really makes them these "empires and legacies" they are always talking about? Just curious and asking for a friend. :rotfl:

It seems there are a lack of job titles, in Salem. You only have to pick from DiMera/Titian, doctor (They have a very speedy training time, and are doctors of ALL specialties), seedy/incompetent lawyer/cop/DA (She can't seem to hardly get anyone behind bars that SHOULD be there, and to stay), Brady Pub, mayor, Spectator, and most recently Sweet Bits (We all know what bits they are talking about). That's pretty much it, unless I missed something :head scratch:

When Stefano came to Salem, his empire was a shady business wholly owned by himself. Somewhere over the years it turned into DiMera Enterprises with shareholders. Who knows what they actually do? Same with Titan, although at least at one time Titan was a television conglomerate and publisher.

But both Stefano and Victor dealt with selling drugs, prostitution, gambling, etc.

Back