SPOILER !! Week of 4/18/16

As far as I know, Shawn & Belle will be leaving Salem at the same time, and it won't be un til September.

So, Joey commits murder, his father takes the rap, and manages to get the case closed without going to jail, so Joey is sooooo unhappy he wants to run away to L.A.??? With Jade??? Joey needs to meet and talk with Summer...maybe even Dario? Then again, Shane & Kim are there, so maybe he plans to bunk in with them??

While it is great to see Nicole having storyline, I hate that it is with Deimos......but then, not much else for her, is there? Guess that design business is kaput!

Don't care about prom, Ciara, or any of it. Let them study for finals, get jobs for the summer.

What is intriguing is the mysterious phone calls Hope is getting. First telling her she got the wrong man, and now telling her to confront Deimos. Hmmm. Just who could be knowing that much, but be so far unknown.????

I see why now Belle leaves before Shawn. So the divorce maybe final and perhaps Belle gets a job elsewhere and Shawn goes back to Maine. Was hoping they would take off together and work things out, eh sucks.

Where is this stated? Both actors have tweeted that they finished taping together last week.

I wonder if the caller is the beginning of Aiden's return storyline. The SOD piece announcing his return said late Spring so if he doesn't appear for a couple more weeks that would put us into May sweeps. Or perhaps the caller is Andre.

Monday, April 18, 2016
Belle gives Shawn the signed divorce papers— it’s over. [Thanks, writers. Another once-popular Salem couple bites the dust. What do you have against a successful marriage?]

Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Abigail comes clean to Marlena about what she did to Ben. [Good choice, Abigail. If you confessed to Roman, the poor man would have to look the other way again.]

Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Jade and Joey vent to each other, both frustrated with their families. [Sorry, Jade, but no matter how bad your family seems, whatever it is they've done can't compare to the adventures of Steve and Kayla.]

Thursday, April 21, 2016
Mystery caller tells Hope to confront Deimos. [Careful, Hope. Remember the last time you "confronted" a Salem villain?]

Friday, April 22, 2016
Theo’s protective nature over Ciara gets him in trouble. [Steer clear of the awful Teen Ciara, Theo. She's nothing like the cute, smart, entertaining Lauren Boles Ciara.]

Ciara decides that she is not going to prom, but Claire insists. [Stay away, Teen Ciara. it's sure to be as dull as the awful "rave" and your dismal "birthday bash," and your presence is sure to make it even duller.]

Victor, knowing that Deimos has a weak spot for Nicole, makes her an offer. [Be careful, Nicole. If you don't watch out, Deimos will steal DJ-Wear and change the name to DK-Wear.]

Joey and Jade firm their plans to run away together to Los Angeles. [Great move, Little Joey. LA is just brimming with opportunities for high-school dropouts.]

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Kayla passes out. The #1 reason women faint on the show is because they are pregnant. This could be very interesting.

I suspect it has more to do with the subdural hematoma that Kayla has, as mentioned in this week's spoilers.

From Web MD: "A subdural hematoma is a collection of blood outside the brain. Subdural hematomas are usually caused by severe head injuries. The bleeding and increased pressure on the brain from a subdural hematoma can be life-threatening. Some subdural hematomas stop and resolve spontaneously; others require surgical drainage."

Henry was one of the teens at the rave, or whatever the party was called, a few weeks ago. I think someone was picking on him and he ended up in the square and talked to Paul.

I stand corrected I apologize that I provided inaccurate information about Belle and Shawn leaving separately. I must have misread another topic in regards. Joey is absolutely insane to run off with Jade. As for Ciara, I think she is afraid Chase may show up to prom.

If all they were going to have Belle and Shawn do when they returned was get divorced, then why even bother? I had such high hopes for this return. I really enjoyed the Martha Madison (Belle) and Brandon Beemer (Shawn) pairing in the past and was looking forward to them being renewed in the storylines, bringing another dimension into that generation void on the canvas.

I do think the writers struggled with having Hope old enough to be Shawn's mother yet still pairing her with Rafe. I would have taken a worthwhile, believable storyline with growth and perpetuity in Belle and Shawn rather than a Rafe/Hope pairing a thousand times over. To me, it's a distinct opportunity lost.

Last edited:
I've been wondering the past few days if Deimos is killed. There are a lot of people
in Salem who want him dead.

Back