SPOILER !! week of April 11

The writing for Eric was absolutely horrible since day one. Eric's back story in Africa with Serena and Xander in my opinion was terrible and not thought out. His character was dull and boring as a priest then obnoxious post priesthood.

The writer's could have involved Eric in other storylines but no they chose Daniel to put in every sort of scenario.

Hmm, well I did not think Father Eric was either dull or boring. What I did not like was that his family had NONE of the values/traits that had Eric become a priest in the first place, although, for a short time, Hope had Ciara in school there.
I liked that he was able to give Nicole a chance at fixing her life, I liked that she was able to help him with his PTSD.
I thought it terrible that when he left the priesthood, he did not continue to HELP those in need, whether at a shelter, food kitchen, helping others get back on their feet etc. INstead, they had him wandering around Salem, with no purpose, sometimes taking pictures, & then......Ugh to that whole Serena/Xander story.

Secrets never stay secrets very long in Salem.
Now, see, it is my belief that Stefano goading the distraught Hope into shooting him, was his cowardly way of committing suicide.........but also getting his final, & Ultimate victory against the Brady family. That is why he was laughing, as he died. He did it, he finally did it.

Stefano could have shot himself any time, overdosed on his insulin, or not taken the insulin at all.
He was tired, felt he lived just too long. He lost most of his children, And Chad just did not want to embrace the DiMera way of living. As to Andre'..who was evil through and through...A disappointment. He kept secrets from Stefano, went behind his back, and then the disgrace...all the DiMera liquid assets gone in the blink of an eye, without anyone knowing.

I don't know why Hope decides to tell Caroline...of all people....So, is Kayla next? Roman already knows, Maybe she will call Kim and let her in on it as well.

Heck, why not gather the family together, Doug, Julie, Maggie, all the kids, in-laws, etc. One big confession party, toasts & all.

Heck at the pace this show is going, I'm surprised the rest of Salem wasn't already told offscreen even though Hope has insisted on keeping this secret. Seemed to work just fine for Jen somehow finding out about Ben's escape after we spent a whole episode listening to Abigail explain why she couldn't tell her.

Well they are really going to send Eric away. Wow! Eric did the deed and must pay. There is nothing else to say on that subject.

Ben gets burned. Who set him afire? One could only guess. So will Ben come back with a new face/new actor? Will they send him back to the loony bin? Many questions, but one can only hope they get rid of him for good.:fan: ShaSha
I agree with everything but Ben. I really like the character

Eric had to have the worst lawyer of all time to get a 5 year sentence for a first time DUI. Yeah, the golden, literally, Doctor of Salem was fatally injured in the crash but still. Eric used to be the man of the cloth for Salem. His father is the head of the police department.

There was a time when I was a fan of Eric. Boy, did he get messed over with the writing. Bye Eric.

View attachment 3479
This may have been a first time DWI driving while intoxicated, but it was with an accident, fatality and serious injuries to others. Not a simple DUI. He is lucky he only got 5 years and we know in Salem time that means 1 year.

Last edited by a moderator:
More spoilers from http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9279038/1/

Monday, April 11, 2016 .
Worried about Abby’s well-being, Chad reaches out to Marlena.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Marlena is depressed following Eric’s sentencing as John comforts her.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Roman, Rafe, Hope, and Caroline suspect Deimos to be responsible for Maggie’s accident and Bo’s torture.

Thursday, April 14, 2016
Chad addresses his concerns to Rafe about Ben.

Friday, April 15, 2016
Victor has new flashbacks of Helena’s death.

From http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=2514

-Abigail’s mental stability is questioned.

-Chad covers for Abby aware of her role in Ben being set on fire.

-Rafe supports a disillusioned Roman.

-Nicole pays Deimos a visit with questions of her own.

-Philip tries to make amends with Victor

Rafe supporting Roman because he's disillusioned ???? Is the reason why because Roman
won't arrest the right people :)

Finally, Marlena is getting called to help Abby.... Too bad Marlena is depressed too, but
she has someone to help her
:love:

Maybe Roman is disillusioned because his family are ALL doing things which have caused him to stray from his vows to "go by the book". But I am thinking it is also because of Eric being sentenced to jail time for an accident, which "might" have gotten him lesser jail time with community service long term, but didn't. All the while, his sister-in-law murdered someone, he knows it, has done nothing, and also knows full well that Patch did not kill Ava, but is letting him take the fall.

The Roman spoiler is interesting for sure. Too bad Kate can't be the one supporting him.

I wonder if Arianne Zucker (Nicole) will play Helena too? Sounds like this may be heading towards a look alike type story.

Still upset about Eric.

Monday, April 11, 2016 .
Worried about Abby’s well-being, Chad reaches out to Marlena. [Good move, Chad. If more Salemites with dysfunctional friends and relatives would seek out Marlena, the town would be a far saner place. Besides, Marlena has time. She always seems to have a remarkably light patient schedule.]

Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Marlena is depressed following Eric’s sentencing as John comforts her. [Way to go, John. Many Salem husbands would somehow make things worse.]

Roman, Rafe, Hope, and Caroline suspect Deimos to be responsible for Maggie’s accident and Bo’s torture. [See people, Stefano was telling the truth. Even professional liars are truthful sometimes.]

Thursday, April 14, 2016
Chad addresses his concerns to Rafe about Ben. [Don't worry, Chad. Compared to Yo-Daddy's Phantom Alliance, Ben is small change. That intrepid squad of shooters, Rafe, Lani, and JJ, won't have any trouble with him.]

Friday, April 15, 2016
Victor has new flashbacks of Helena’s death. [Forget the flashbacks, Victor. Start calling your small army of lawyers to put the squash on Deimos's illegal takeover of all your assets.]

Rafe supports a disillusioned Roman.
[Good move, Rafe. Everyone around him has strayed from the straight and narrow, plus he hasn't had a kiss in years. Convince Roman to call Ms. van Hopper, now.]

Nicole pays Deimos a visit with questions of her own.
[Stay away, Nicole. For all you know, the evil Deimos is also planning a hostile takeover of DJ-Wear and will change the name to DK-Wear.]

Philip tries to make amends with Victor. [You're a big late, Shaggy. Victor needs some good lawyers, not apologies from his wastrel son.]

I guess daddy Roman doesn't care about Eric, he let Hope and Joey get away with murder but not his own son.

Right now, no one publicly knows about what Hope and/or Joey did (other than the people they've told privately). Everybody (police and medical personnel) knew about Eric being drunk and causing the accident that night. It would've been impossible for Roman to keep a lid on it.

Monday, April 11, 2016
Abigail's mental stability is questioned.
Worried about Abby’s well-being, Chad reaches out to Marlena.
Kayla learns from Fynn that she has a subdural hematoma.
Steve and Kayla reminisce with romantic memories of their past (flashbacks).

Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Ben is in the hospital, burnt and bandaged.
Chad covers for Abby aware of her role in Ben being set on fire.
Marlena is depressed following Eric’s sentencing as John comforts her.
Eric and Jennifer make love following some poor choices.

Rafe supports a disillusioned Roman.
Roman, Rafe, Hope, and Caroline suspect Deimos to be responsible for Maggie’s accident and Bo’s torture.
Hope confides in Caroline that she is the one who shot and killed Stefano.
Rafe and Hope kiss for the first time.
Nicole pays Deimos a visit with questions of her own.

Thursday, April 14, 2016
Abigail suffers from intense flashbacks from setting Ben on fire.
Chad addresses his concerns to Rafe about Ben.
Rafe declares his love for Hope.
Theresa and Brady’s date night out gets interrupted by Summer.

Friday, April 15, 2016
Eric says goodbye to Marlena, Roman, John, and Jennifer after being sentenced to five years in prison.
Philip tries to makes amends with Victor.
Brady and Theresa fight over Summer.

Eric and Jennifer make love following some poor choices.

Doesn't that count as a poor choice too???

They HAVE to be new. This is the first we've heard of her.

Thanks for all the new tidbits. So, not what I want to spend time watching. Way to go Days.

Back