SPOILER !! Week of Nov 27

It depends on the jurisdiction, but the Mayor has the right to fire the Police Commissioner. Now, we know why Hope was given the job over Rafe in the first place.
It depends on the size of the city and the type of government. Some mayors can't do squat while others have a great deal of authority.

Recently, the Chief of Police resigned, there had to be applications for those who wanted the job, and the City Council interviewed, made the final decision. Not the mayor, tho he is part of the city council.

But then, we all know Salem seems to have it's own set of laws for everything, doesn't it? LOL

Rafe and Sami, a no brainer. Boy, you kind of know what is going to transpire on the show before they write it. Predictable as usual. ShaSha

I am disappointed that Rafe would actually take the commissioner job from Hope. Hope did not deserve that, either from Abe or from Rafe. She had already suspended JJ and was investigating the shooting. No other action should be taken until that investigation is over. Hope probably felt betrayed by Rafe's actions so she used that as the reason to break up with him.

I still find it strange that Abe is reacting so harshly to the shooting. Sure, Theo is his son and he wants to think the best of him and that he would do nothing wrong to be in the line of fire from the police, but as a former cop Abe has been in this situation before. John could remind him that he shot a teenage Brady in what he thought was the line of duty. And wasn't there another incident where he killed someone in a shooting before that?

Sami is totally out of control in regards to Will, and bringing Ben in to remind him of the murder is too extreme. I'm glad he tells her off for her actions.

Looking into Abe's history, I found where he had shot and paralyzed a young man named Larry while he was working as a cop. (happened off-screen)

I'm confused about Brady, though. I've seen sites that say Roman shot him and a couple that said Abe shot him. I remember Brady being shot and in a wheelchair, but not who shot him.

Either way, Abe definitely knows what JJ is going through, since he did shoot and paralyze the young man named Larry.

Edited to add: found the summaries from that time period and it was definitely Abe who shot Brady and paralyzed him. Brady had a water gun. It happened the week of 11/27 to 12/1/2000.

Monday November 27:
Abe orders Hope to fire JJ. [This is another only-in-Salem situation. Normally, there would be a formal department investigation. And based on the facts as shown on-screen, if JJ ended up being terminated, the police union would be up in arms about the injustice of it all, and Mayor Abe might just find that Salem is no longer taking in money from traffic and parking tickets.]

Tuesday November 28:
Ben makes a surprise return to Salem. [Ben always stirs things up. Next, the writers could bring back Xander.]

Wednesday November 29:
Sami goes to extremes to trigger Will's memory. [Does she resort to her favorite tactic, high-volume screeching? If so, the viewers should be warned to turn down the volume on their TV sets.]
Kate makes a shocking admission to Andre. [This almost surely has nothing to do with Theo's sad fate. More likely, it's something like she ate the last of the M&Ms that were purchased for trick-or-treaters.]

Thursday November 30:

Abigail asks Chad to reconsider throwing Andre out of the mansion. [Chad better reconsider. If he doesn't, he'll be eating an even larger portion of crow when the truth emerges.]

Friday December 1:
Rafe and Sami seek comfort in one another. [By now, Rafe should realize that absolutely nobody gets any comfort from Sami, just a severe case of heartburn.]
Ciara makes an entrance as she returns to Salem. [I'd prefer this to be a deSORASed Ciara, but since that's not going to happen, maybe the writers could get Little Trippy out of YouTube-obsessed Claire's orbit by having him take up with Teen Ciara II.]

I am disappointed that Rafe would actually take the commissioner job from Hope. Hope did not deserve that, either from Abe or from Rafe. She had already suspended JJ and was investigating the shooting. No other action should be taken until that investigation is over. Hope probably felt betrayed by Rafe's actions so she used that as the reason to break up w

While this could be how this plays out, we really don't know what transpires yet. All the spoiler says is that Rafe takes the Commissioner job and that Abe demands Hope fire JJ. We don't know what else happens. For all we know, Hope could refuse to fire JJ and quit. Or the spoiler could be exaggerated. I'll reserve my opinions on this for after I watch the scenes but I will say Rafe taking the job shouldn't be a surprise either since he was the only other candidate.

I kept thinking Abe shot another Salemite when he was a cop, but couldn't remember which one.

I mentioned Brady in my comments to Wednesday's show when I said he should ask Abe to hold his beer. Pot-kettle.

Spoilers from http://thetvwatercooler.com/2017/11/jen-lilley-returning-days-of-our-lives/

Will asks Marlena to help him regain his memory on Nov. 27; Will reunites with Kate on Nov. 28; Lucas is stunned to see Will and realizes that his son is truly alive on Nov. 29; Will rips into Sami over her outrageous plan on Nov. 30; Rafe and Sami seek comfort in one another on Dec. 1, while Hope confides to Jennifer about her breakup.

After today (11/20), I don't care if Hope and Rafe break up.

The Will stuff can end any time and, boy do I agree about Kate. Enough is enough. I also agree about new Abigail. She seems human!!

Back