SPOILER !! Week Sept 28

I still think that Tripp may be the father but I don't think it was rape. Maybe a drunken mistake, but not rape. I've heard they have instant result DNA tests in Salem so it would be easy to prove or disprove Tripp as the father. Rape would be harder to prove as there is no test for that unless Dr. Rolf has invented one. I do wish Days would do away with all these rape storylines. If they have to have a rape story, they could at least be realistic about it. Show the mental and physical trauma and the difficult road to recovery.

I've heard they have instant result DNA tests in Salem so it would be easy to prove or disprove Tripp as the father.
Ahhh, but don't forget about DNA test tampering. After all, Allie IS the daughter of Sami and great-granddaughter of Caroline. It's in her blood to have the tampering gene.

Man I wish they would not write another rape story. The writers did a good job showing the emotional trauma and pain of rape with Jennifer (raped by Lawrence) and Billie (raped by Curtis). But they haven't done well with recent rape stories , especially Ciara (raped by Chase) - I shudder thinking about that one.

I can see how this might cause friction between families as they take sides. But I can already feel how the writers are going to twist and make this story into an unbelievable and unrealistic mess. Will the story be that both Tripp and Allie were both drunk when they hooked up? Or was Allie drunk and also given a rape drug (by someone else other than Tripp)? And her lack of clarity or memory of what happened will cause her to believe Tripp was the one who raped her. Once Sami finds out, whoever is the rapist will be in big danger. Sami is known to shoot people in the head if they are a threat to her (or her children).

This is so out of character for Tripp. He was so great with Ciara after everything with Chase. I'd be willing to believe that they were both drunk and don't remember what happened or that someone else slipped her a date-rape drug and Tripp unknowingly took advantage of that. I just cannot believe he did this. It will definitely cause waves in the Brady family & Sami will be on the warpath.

I think it will be Tripp. Maybe, as immature as Allie is, she would rather people think she was raped than to have to admit to a drunken hook-up, so she falsely accuses him? Or, she was drugged, but not by Tripp. I can't think of why Evan would do that, except that, as an Orpheoid, he knew she was Marlena's granddaughter?

Yeah, why rape?

Can't it be that they were both obliterated and did the nasty without any regard to what could be (babies or diseases) without using a condom?

You know for all the "college graduates" they have in Salem, they really need to teach better sex education in their classes. Oh, I forgot. They don't have to take classes to get their degrees. It's just a given on this show!

Instead of rape, maybe do a story that may still be related to Tripp and Allie meeting and having sex (hooking up). A story about one of them testing positive for HIV. I know it is not often done. But they did a story on General Hospital almost 20 years ago about a teenage girl who contracted HIV from someone. I think she went on to be a doctor. Or if they don't want to tell a story about that, then maybe about drug abuse. Lots of young people use drugs recreationally, some without consequence. But some do have health effects or even addiction or overdose.

Question for DrBakerFan:

If someone commits a crime such as rape in another country, can they be prosecuted in the US? My gut says no, and they'd have to be extradited back to that country since the laws there would apply.
The answer is no because there wouldn't be jurisdiction. The offender would have to be extradited back to the country where the crime took place. Only a few offenses, such as piracy or crimes against humanity, can be prosecuted by any country that chooses to do so regardless of where the crime took place.

Last edited:
@tennisdoc.....Days has done drug abuse with Jennifer, JJ, Brady...........& the alcohol abuse with so many others. All they ever do after is mention meetings, and staying away/off whatever.

Definitely do not like whatever direction this story is going, because it seems that no matter what, it will be a fail, and cause much aggravation among viewers.

Back