SPOILER !! Week September 23

I was just thinking the same thing. Because that would be an original storyline. :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous that she's saying it's Eric's baby when in "Salem time", they only had sex a few days ago. But she was regularly having sex with clueless Rexy prior to that.

Kristen enlists Rolf for an unusual procedure. [Hopefully, this isn't for more pre-natal baby-stealing. And when will Rolf ever learn? Over the years, working for the DiMeras has brought him nothing but grief and several faux deaths. Why can't he be happy being Salem University Hospital's mad scientist in residence?]

Sarah prepares to end her pregnancy. [Just what the viewers need -- another thing for Eric to be anguished about.]

Jack and Jennifer have an emotional reunion. [If Jack has regained his memory at last, the first thing he should do is check on whether Kristen's deal can be revoked because it was an improper intrusion of the mayor into the responsibilities of the district attorney's office.]

Last edited:
Sarah prepares to end her pregnancy

And of course, she won't go through with it.
I wish the "writers" would not try to tackle such delicate subjects as abortion, rape, terminal illnesses (which of course are not in the end) when they clearly have no idea how to write period.
I can't help but feel judgment on their parts when it comes to certains subjects, like abortion. I'm not saying I'm all for abortion, or I'm not, I just think it's a matter of circumstances and so many aspects, I'm guessing, have to be taken into consideration when making such a hard decision. So again, I just wish Days would simply not go there when obviously, they can't do anything worthwhile with it.

Just wish they would have made Sarah have a false positive or whatever, rather than have her rubbing her belly, then contemplate abortion. Of course that won't happen......and Nicole already did such a fantastic job with her stillborn child. And then we just had Lani & her little David.
But I tell you, I know soaps love their out of wedlock babies, but it seems Salem has more than their share of them. Also the heretofore "unknown" grown children. What is uncommon in Salem is the baby conceived and born to a loving, married couple.

Been a long time since we saw that scenario. I think the last one born to married parents, without question of paternity or maternity was Joey Johnson.
It's ironic that some the products of a variety of unorthodox relationships are doing fairly well, but poor Little Joey is in the slammer. Perhaps, having been born to two loving parents doesn't properly prepare a child for life in dysfunctional Salem.

I was just thinking the same thing. Because that would be an original storyline. :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous that she's saying it's Eric's baby when in "Salem time", they only had sex a few days ago. But she was regularly having sex with clueless Rexy prior to that.
Kristen was still wearing the same dress, when she was revealed to not be Nicole, so it should be about 1 day!!!

Just wish they would have made Sarah have a false positive or whatever, rather than have her rubbing her belly, then contemplate abortion. Of course that won't happen......and Nicole already did such a fantastic job with her stillborn child. And then we just had Lani & her little David.
But I tell you, I know soaps love their out of wedlock babies, but it seems Salem has more than their share of them. Also the heretofore "unknown" grown children. What is uncommon in Salem is the baby conceived and born to a loving, married couple.
Shawn D and Ciara about the only ones I can think of---not sure about the latter!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shawn D and Ciara about the only ones I can think of---not sure about the latter!
Ciara was thought to be Patrick Lockhart's baby, as he had paid someone to change the paternity test.

Here are the Salem babies born in which their parents were married and there was no question of paternity or maternity:

Dickie Martin (who died as a toddler)
Hope
Jennifer
DJ Craig (died of SIDS)
Sami and Eric
Shawn Douglas
Stephanie
Brady (although his parents got married minutes after his birth)
Abby
Joy Wesley
JJ (but Jack was presumed dead and on Melaswen; Jennifer was on the island too, looking for Jack)
Joey Johnson
Sonny (his birth was off-screen and only mentioned to the Salemites)

Should we be surprised if Kristen gets Sarah's baby like she did Theresa's?

I believe you may be right on this one. We will see. In the same thought though, this still may be Rex's child. Boy, that would kill Sarah and Rex. Also in a crazy way Xander. I really hope Sarah and Xander become a couple. :love:

Since dumping on Xander is a favorite indoor and outdoor sport in Salem, him taking up with Sarah could make for some interesting Salem-style confrontations. Imagine people like Brady, Eric, Victor, Eli, Hope, etc. badmouthing the X-man within earshot of big-mouth Sarah, and then getting an angry high-volume rebuttal from Maggie's daughter. E.g,: "Eric, you think Xander's so bad, what about you? He doesn't go after his brothers' significant others or dump a woman the minute something better shows up"; Eli, stop criticizing my Xander and get your police force in shape. It's a national laughingstock; "Brady, where do you get off criticizing Xander. Your chief accomplishments in life are overcoming addictions and hooking up with women like that awful Kristen"; Victor, shut your nasty mouth. How dare you say unkind things about Xander. Some of the things you've done in your life would make my mother's hair curl;" "Hey, Hope, shut-up about Xander. I've heard all about your late husband, Bo. He was one of the biggest felons in Salem history."

People would have to stay married for at least nine months without cheating, rape, or psychosis for that to happen. That's the issue. No one has long enough relationships anymore because the writers have become overly dependent on love triangles to drive tension on the show.

Back