SPOILER !! Week September 23

Poirot, I am sorry if we have gone too far off-topic here. I am saddened but not surprised that there are so many of us survivors. Soap operas are a good platform on which to spotlight certain issues while keeping the storyline intact. The writers choose to treat it lightly and then brush it aside. They need to be more responsible when they write these stories or don't write them at all!

While I am on my soapbox (no pun intended!), Sarah's behavior is horrendous. She goes to bed with three men in a short amount of time and turns up pregnant. Wow! I am so surprised...Not! Again, this is putting irresponsible behavior at the forefront.

I know that Days of Our Lives is fiction. It is a soap opera and we have to suspend reality most of the time. I feel disrespected because of the way sexual assault is handled and grief sex is almost as good as taking a couple of aspirin and taking a nap to make you feel better.

Again, Poirot, I am sorry for veering off-topic. Sisters, we are the survivors and we will set the examples that will remove the shame from something that never was our fault!

Not to worry.......I think we all compare some things we see on a soap, or prime time show, to perhaps something we may have experienced in our own lives. Writers aren't always able to do justice to an event.......even a happy one. And the directors on Days really don't have much time to "direct" a scene any more.

Honestly, I am absolutely offended by this storyline thus far. Maybe I am being too quick to judge as this has not entirely played itself out but are you kidding me? The only one that has mentioned that Brady was raped was Brady and it seemed more like a line to throw out to Kristen. Not even Marlena has mentioned it? Really? That this rape is taken so lightly and romanticized is disgusting. And setting us back decades.

I actually tweeted to Days, NBC and Ron Carlivati (which I don't really do) and nobody responded which I guess I should have expected.

There is no response ever when you tweet something they consider negative, or that has been upsetting. Have done it......even minor things get no response. But am sure they are not ignored!

Brady's baby? LOLOL, that is truly hysterical. 3 days and she is pregnant! Ha. so funny. Guess he filled Kristen up with hormones (Rolf, I mean) fast tracked the set up, and now she is once again carrying a baby she professes to be Brady's. Wonder how Rolf gets it from Sarah? Hey Ron, been there, done that, even if Tate is out in CA now with his bio mother.

Cannot stand this writing. I do not like this recast of Kristen nor do I like that Brady slept with her “while she was wearing a Nicole mask” (how insulting to the viewing audience that we should believe this $&@*#%!!) And they are manipulating the audience more by getting us to believe she will convince other Salemites that she is wanting to do good deeds to redeem herself. I think this is the worse writing in the 30 years I have watched this show. What are the ratings lately? I can only imagine that they are at an all time low.

Not only insulting us to believe the woman he was kissing was wearing a mask they want us to believe that a woman who held and bounced Brady on her knee when he was an infant is now pregnant with his child..... and he's in his over 21's ....I'd say his 35-40's

At least it isn't a stolen baby from another person...... I guess.... otherwise this is vomit inducing writing....

Isn't Kristen like in her 60s by now? She's too old to have a baby naturally!!

Hmm, I wonder if somehow Sarah loses her baby, and everyone accuses Kristen of stealing the embryo like she did when Theresa was pregnant with Tate, and nobody believes her when she claims she is pregnant with Brady's baby.

I am not sure I can watch this show. Seriously? I know that Stacy Haiduk (current Kristen) is much younger than Eileen Davidson (previous Kristen) but come on. No one is buying Kristen can get pregnant no one wants to see it.

I'm not a big fan of this version of Kristen and I'm annoyed that they are taking the storyline in this direction. And the thought of those two having a baby :sick::sick::sick:

I just can't watch if Kristen is on. She just plain outright annoys me as soon as she opens her mouth.
She's like a zit you want to pop and get it over with.
Stacy Haiduk (current Kristen) is so dramatic I can't stomach it.
Let me know when the Fakies are gone and I'll start watching again.

I agree Stacy Haiduk (Kristen) is dramatic in most of her scenes as Kristen. There seems to be just one layer, one dimension. There was a little vulnerability yesterday in her scene with Anna. But I still cannot replace Eileen Davidson (Original Kristen) in my mind as the real Kristen. When I see Stacy Haiduk, I don’t see Kristen. At all. Not Kristen. Period.

The possibility of Kristen being pregnant, well, did the writers forget Kristen was diagnosed with a medical condition back around 1995 that left her with a short amount of time to get pregnant? It gave her a sense of urgency to be with John after she left Tony. She felt like she wanted to get married to John and start a family right away. However, John found out he was a priest and that made things complicated. Now it is 25 years later and she is pregnant. Medical miracle. Especially since the character should be around 60 years old. The actress is 51, by the way.

well, did the writers forget Kristen was diagnosed with a medical condition back around 1995 that left her with a short amount of time to get pregnant?
In soapland, that doesn't matter. Philip regrew a leg; Johnny's fake eye was never mentioned again; Jennifer and Brady have perfectly smooth chests after heart transplants, no one ever mentioned Claire taking anti-rejection meds for the liver she received from Zack, etc.

Back