What Would People Be Surprised to Know About you?

Well, for me there's really not much to tell that I think people would be surprised about.

I live way out in the country on a farm and have a pond not 200 yards from my house. You would think in these conditions, I wouldn't have a fear of any creature but snakes absolutely terrify me. I can handle just about any bug, insect, or other animal, but to me, snakes are the devil incarnate. I completely freeze up and go into complete hysterics when one is close by. Even seeing a dead one on the road or one on TV will send shivers down my spine and give me goosebumps.

I'm 30 years old but dream of one day being able to open & operate a horse rescue full time. I didn't grow up around horses but love them very much. I have taught myself how to ride one and am still learning every day on my own. I recently adopted a barrell horse that had been abused by her trainers. It has taken a month a half but I finally have a regular halter on her and can attach a lead rope to it and lead her around (Her original owners would tie her up with 2 lead ropes and proceed to beat her if she didn't win the event she was in or if she knocked over a barrell - even tho she placed twice in national competition.)

Even tho I put on a brave front and act like much doesn't bother me, in truth, it really does. I have only a very select couple of friends who know my fears and tons of insecurities. At first I'm a shy person, but once I know you a little better, I loosen up some. I'm not as comfortable in a crowd as my smile may lead some to believe. I'm very much a homebody and due to being the victim of criminal activity more than once, have a paranoid distrust of some people. B/c of that, I will sometimes jump to conclusions upon first meeting them even tho I try not to.

I"m a pretty laid back, live and let live type of person, but I also have a very mean streak when the need arises. Red heads have a stereotype for a reason. It's the quiet ones like me that you have to be very careful of when getting on thier bad side :)

@B2Curious well, I won't be 42 until August. I'm almost there!!! LOL.

Well looks like a lot of us hate spiders. I don't have an extreme fear of them... I just don't want them around me!! But I will do the most aggressive AHHHHH!!!!! Dance you can see when I walk thru a spider web. I hate spider webs, and I detest even more than possibility that the little or big SOB that made that web is now crawling on ME! I shudder now thinking about it.

Welcome aboard John/jcscott! Its great to have you here with us. You shouldn't have waited a whole year before joining! LOL. We don't bite!!

I am 27. I work in a library (my 3 rd old son is quite the little reader- well kind of, he likes to brag to his friends).
I used to be an intern on the Maury Show when I was in college
I met my husband when I worked in Mcdonalds, also in college. He was a customer and I put my number on his receipt.

krw, lol at you feeling you could be the oldest one here! Two of my children are older than you.

Welcome to jcscott! A 'conservative' from Carrollton. What's not to like?

Mae00, it's bad enough that anyone would beat a horse (though I've certainly seen it in years past) but to beat one for not winning a barrel race is just crazy. That's after the fact. An animal wouldn't even know why he was being punished.

I wasn't going to jump in on the spider talk except today I raised my kitchen window and found a black widow along the bottom--not too far from where I put my hand. @CTG, I briefly felt some web, then looked under the bottom of the the window and saw the dreadful thing. I don't have a screen on that window so it had crawled under there from the outside and couldn't get in so long as the window was shut but oh my! I'm not terrified of spiders in general but we have black widows and brown recluse. Both are very scary, for good reason. My husband got bitten by a brown recluse years ago and I've never seen him that sick before or since.

I have a question for DaysLady though. How does your little girl pick up a spider? By the leg or what? I can't picture how to pick up a spider. I just kill them if they are in my way, even the non-poisonous ones except for tarantulas, which fascinate me. Had one in my bathtub once and took me awhile to figure out how to remove it without killing it.

I know. What makes me even madder is knowing that the horse was probably beaten for the riders' mistakes, not the horse's. I have seen many horses clear a barrel just to have the rider's foot knock it over. not to mention if the horse wasn't set up right for the turns or if the rider gave the wrong cues. No one will tell me who the original owners/trainers were tho. I think it's b/c they know I would go after them and probably tie them up with lead ropes and beat them.

If you find out, let me know. I'll come help you beat them! I can't stand it when someone mistreats animals.

(Mae and I discovered that we live about mile, straight line distance apart, but we've never met. Her kids and my youngest even go to the same school, until next year when mine goes to middle school.)

Most people are surprised to know I was a 'nanny' for the rock group Chicago ...... back in 'the day'!

@B2Curios and @CentralTexGirl...wow! I'll be 42 in June.

And I will be 42 in August!!!

@B2...cockroaches are the filthiest, nastiest things on this planet. UUGGHH. Not only do I run from them, just the thought of them makes me :sick:. My girls will run from them too and my hubby thinks it is hilarious to pick them up (shudder) and chase us with them. We think it is funny to lock him out of the house when he goes to toss the disgusting roach outside :D. When I was a teenager, I opened the laundry room door and a tree roach flew into my face.....I think used a whole bar of soap trying to clean my face off.

Hello everyone! I'm sort of new here so there are lots of things I could write. But here are some funny things people don't know about me. :)

1. I have one green eye and one blue one.
2. I spent six months working as a trapeze artist in a circus to do research for a book. Which creeped me out because I hate clowns.
3. I wrote three chapters of a novel with my toes once when I had broken fingers. :p
4. I'm currently going to school to learn how to do CGI (Computer Graphic Imaging) :Think Shrek:
5. Every year I do fundraisers for animal, homeless and women's shelters where my publishing company donates procedes from my books. My kitten Anastasia was a gift from our local shelter.
6. I have photographic memory. No one will play trivial persuit or 12 degrees of separation with me LOL.
7. I'm ambidexterous.
8. I'm terrified of jellyfish. *Shudder* Creepy slimy things.
9. I love old bad horror movies and black and white films.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Everyone's things were so interesting! And I have to agree bugs are awful! LOL. Can't wait to read more!

Kitten

Kitten - those are some pretty cool things!! And some funny ones too! How in the world did you manage to write 3 chapters with your toes and still be able to read what you wrote??

I know someone who has one brown eye and one blue/green eye. She HATES it! I told her it was cool b/c it just signified her originality :)

I had a little neighbor girl in Dallas in the early 1970s who had one blue eye and one brown one. She was one of the prettiest little girls I ever saw. I also once had a beautiful black and white Australian Shepherd dog with one blue eye, one brown, and he was my favorite dog ever. So Kitten, I think you must be lovely also, with the green eye and the blue one. Not to mention, very interesting with all those unusual traits.

All you 42 year olds!!! MAKE ME FEEL OLD :p I will be 59 on June 26th and one of my Grandsons shares my birthday he will be 9.
I am petrified of junebugs and grasshoppers and when my hair was almost waist length a junebug got in it my MIL "saved "me and got it out but I was a mess for the rest of our camping trip.
I also was a CPR instructerfor about 6 years till I retired.
The thing that might surprise you the most is My Husband and I r owned and operated a small retail grocery and deli in our little town. I really enjoyed it I can make a Ruben at the drop of a hat that some people drove 25 miles to get. and inthe winter my chilli or my beef stew was always a hit
One more thing I have watched DOOL since almost the first episode.

Another thing people are surprised to know about me is that my house is practically a petting zoo! We have 10 cats, 3 dogs, 3 rabbits, a chinchilla, 3 hermit crabs, a red and blue crawfish, and some fish. Of those, 2 cats, the dogs and the rabbits live outside, the rest are inside.

All you 42 year olds!!! MAKE ME FEEL OLD :p I will be 59 on June 26th

I have a new theory on aging. A couple of years ago, someone told me this story that he saw on TV. This lady, who was 112 or 114 years old, was being interviewed. One of the questions was "When did you start feeling old?" She replied "About the time my oldest child turned 70." So, I'm not old until my oldest child turns 70. She's only 18, so I've got plenty of time. I might be getting older, but I'm nowhere near old yet!

I am petrified of junebugs and grasshoppers and when my hair was almost waist length a junebug got in it my MIL "saved "me and got it out but I was a mess for the rest of our camping trip.
:hug: How dreadful! I'd have been a mess for a while too.

I'd gotten over my phobia of grasshoppers, but then when I was pregnant with my oldest, it came back. It went away again sometime after she was born. (Her birthday's in February, so I had a few months until they showed back up.)

42 is young!!!!! All three of my children are older than that! My oldest will be 50 in a few months, so I love the idea of not feeling old until he reaches 70.:D
I have one brown eye and one green eye.

All that ever counts is being young at heart.....my mother in law used to say she sometimes would see herself in the mirror at the end of the hall, and wonder just WHO that was. LOL.

I feel like an odd ball here, I have two hazel eyes. LOL. However one only has 10% vision.

Welcome, jcscott!

I have been perusing the storehouse of my brain to find something that folks may not know about me, but I can't!! I think I blab a lot about my thoughts and feelings and daily activities. I'll keep observing my daily activities to see if there's anything surprising!

Awww, cmon, Jason. Did you play sports in High school? Are a fan of a certain author, secretly are a huge Elvis fan (that was me. Never told a soul, never bought a record, but I own 1/2 dozen albums now, lol)
Have a teddy bear from childhood? never learned to ride a bike. Love gardening. Hhahahah, I think we all tell stuff about ourselves somewhere on this board at times, so I know what you mean. However, everyone doesn't read everything, so get going. You, by the way, are very witty! :wink:

Back