What's to like about Daniel Jonas

Hmm...well I was thinking immediate orbit, not outer rings of Saturn. Seriously, I'm irritated with this Kristen garbage. I was mainly thinking JJ, demote Jen to a friend, and restore his friendships with Nicole and Eve. Then let his friendships with Rafe, Eric, and Aiden be a minor part of the show as needed.

oldsoapie, Nicole can be just as vicious as Eve can be. Both women have painful pasts and have been drawn to men who aren't exactly good for them. They are similar. Eve is also similar to Melanie in the sense that they both have less than ideal childhoods (both were raised by uncaring "parents" and were used by Nick Corelli/Trent Robbins for their own monetary gain).

So I'm asking you all, what do you like about Daniel Jonas?
Not a damn thing. I'm hoping he and Kristen will beat each other so severely, they both die from their injuries in that supply closet.

Ummm...I like Kristen slapping the snot out of Daniel. Does that count?

:clap: I hope so cause it's the second time in years I've liked a Daniel scene!!

I'm also baffled by his front-burner status. I know very few people (on- or offline) who truly like the character enough for the level of screentime he gets.

oh, Dan Tan McGuiver Jonas... who else can perform heart replacement surgery on a loading dock using only a paper clip and a shoe string?

No really... I find it hard to find things I like about him.

Now... a list of reasons I don't like him, that would be far more interesting.

A) I don't like how he "falls in love" so quickly with every female patient in a hospital gown (or in his check up room wearing whatever)...I swear, a female chimp could walk through the hospital and Dan would fall in love and they'd make little Daniel Chimp babies.

B) I hate. hate. HATE. how Maggie is "mom". I don't hate that it was her egg that produced him- whatever, sure, he can be biologically hers, who gives a hoot....but he had a mom, a REAL mom, that carried him, held him, nursed him, loved him....and he never EVER mentions her. ever.

C) I hate how conceited he is. "How dare" Jennifer think he wasn't an honest saint with perfect morals?? Really, Dan? REALLY? ok, so the writers want you and Jen to have a fight. But total break up over that? Give me something better writers. I mean come on- seriously?

Dear Dan, you slept with a mother, daughter, and grandmother, back to back. Get OFF your high horse and give us a break. And PLEASE, for the love of all things, brush your freaking hair.

Thanks, DaysLady

The list goes on. You get the picture.

@TamiBelle: :clap::clap::clap: I really really dislike the way they've written Daniel/Nicole lately. I felt they twisted Daniel's character all out of shape just to create a very contrived conflict. The other day when JJ was telling Paige how Daniel forgave him for all the horrible things he did to him, it really underscored how unlike Daniel it was to not forgive Nicole for far less.

@DaysLady I would agree with you if Daniel had ever complained that Jen doesn't think he's a saint. Daniel's the last person to consider himself eligible for sainthood, and I think that quite a lot of the vitirol directed towards him really is the result of the way the writers have other characters talk about him.

As far as Daniel's conflict with Jen goes, I don't see why she would want to be with him since she thinks he's weak, easily manipulated and in need of her protection, refuses to tell him anything about what's going on in her life and thinks very little of him in general.

Daniel's upset is not over the idea that Jen thinks he's imperfect but that the woman who professes to be in love with him and wants to marry him sees him as the opposite of who he is. Why SHOULD he want to stay with someone like that?

I also find it really odd that so many people fixate on Daniel's relationships from several years ago. Not only has Daniel actually changed (unlike EJ, Nick, etc), has not engaged in those kinds of affairs in a long time, but also acknowledges it was a mistake to do so in the first place and that he's not proud of having done it. Yet every thread is full of jokes about "all you need is a hospital gown." :confused:

I don't like that Daniel never mentions his birth parents either, but that seems to be a widespread problem with the current writers; characters tend to not talk about or reference people close to them who are not on canvas unless the plot dictates it.

Parker is named after Daniel's adoptive mother, so it would be so easy just to mention to Parker that today would have been "your other grandma's" birthday or something. Of course that also would require Parker talking like a normal four year old.

@TamiBelle: :clap::clap::clap: I really really dislike the way they've written Daniel/Nicole lately. I felt they twisted Daniel's character all out of shape just to create a very contrived conflict. The other day when JJ was telling Paige how Daniel forgave him for all the horrible things he did to him, it really underscored how unlike Daniel it was to not forgive Nicole for far less.

@DaysLady I would agree with you if Daniel had ever complained that Jen doesn't think he's a saint. Daniel's the last person to consider himself eligible for sainthood, and I think that quite a lot of the vitirol directed towards him really is the result of the way the writers have other characters talk about him.

As far as Daniel's conflict with Jen goes, I don't see why she would want to be with him since she thinks he's weak, easily manipulated and in need of her protection, refuses to tell him anything about what's going on in her life and thinks very little of him in general.

Daniel's upset is not over the idea that Jen thinks he's imperfect but that the woman who professes to be in love with him and wants to marry him sees him as the opposite of who he is. Why SHOULD he want to stay with someone like that?

I also find it really odd that so many people fixate on Daniel's relationships from several years ago. Not only has Daniel actually changed (unlike EJ, Nick, etc), has not engaged in those kinds of affairs in a long time, but also acknowledges it was a mistake to do so in the first place and that he's not proud of having done it. Yet every thread is full of jokes about "all you need is a hospital gown." :confused:

I don't like that Daniel never mentions his birth parents either, but that seems to be a widespread problem with the current writers; characters tend to not talk about or reference people close to them who are not on canvas unless the plot dictates it.

Parker is named after Daniel's adoptive mother, so it would be so easy just to mention to Parker that today would have been "your other grandma's" birthday or something. Of course that also would require Parker talking like a normal four year old.

Thank you, thank you!!!

Back