What's to like about Daniel Jonas

I like the friendship with Rafe

I can't remember the last time Rafe and Daniel had scenes together.

oldsoapie, Nicole can be just as vicious as Eve can be. Both women have painful pasts and have been drawn to men who aren't exactly good for them. They are similar. Eve is also similar to Melanie in the sense that they both have less than ideal childhoods (both were raised by uncaring "parents" and were used by Nick Corelli/Trent Robbins for their own monetary gain).

It's been a long time since Nicole's been vicious.
I truly can't remember the last time she did something for the sheer evil of it.

But then I don't think the Chloe face bacteria was vicious I think it came from a place of desperation.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I believe that whether Nicole told Eric she shredded the evidence or not was her business--if the issue was getting Eric's name cleared, Daniel could have pushed her to send Eric the papers anonymously instead of focusing on telling Eric what Nicole did. I also think Daniel was trying to do an intervention to get Nicole back on the right path and that's part of why he was upset that Jen intervened.

Anyway, that's all a moot point. The point is that the advice Victor gave Sonny, "Did you marry him or adopt him...trust his judgment" applies equally well to Jen in my opinion. Daniel's upset isn't so much that Jen told Eric but that Jen told Eric out of a longstanding opinion that Daniel will never do the right thing on his own. Even without this situation, Jen was 100% willing to believe that Daniel slept with Theresa and that he did it specifically to hurt her. She was willing to believe that the fact that Daniel decided to go along with Nicole pretending they were together the first time was proof that he would just jump to do whatever Nicole said. And then she proved this point by ranting and raving that Daniel didn't magically know that Eve was suing Jen or that Eve and Jen have been rivals for 20 years.

@Anna&Tony, Rafe and Daniel's most recent scenes were when Rafe went over to Dan's place after Gabi was taken to prison to tell him that she was behind the Andrew fiasco- which Dan didn't take well because Rafe said he knew for a long time but told Gabi not to tell anyone. Daniel also knows now that this was the reason that Melanie left Salem.

I really like this actor. The character of Daniel on DOOL is ... complicated and not complicated in a good way. I've jumped on and off the fence with him. And I know I won't be able to explain anything coherently now, so I won't bother trying. I just keep hoping the writers come up with good story for this guy, because he does have what it takes, this actor.

I guess I am going against the tide of opinion here but I like Dan and Jenn together. Their scenes with his son were appealing and I thought, finally, a family is coming together. Daniel is so fatherly toward JJ and Abigail. Can't we please have one good, stable family on this show???

Welcome grammy9!

You know, there have been times I felt I could totally get behind Daniel/Jen as a couple. But the way they've been written, with Jen always suspicious and insecure, and with both characters seeming much more likeable and stronger away from each other, I can't stand them as a couple anymore. If they completely retool the relationship and make them a stronger couple (and stop the back and forth) I could be persuaded to give them another chance.

Welcome, Grammy9. I will admit I do not care for Daniel as a character or his relationship with any of the women on the show, but I do like his relationship with Parker. He spends a lot of time when he is not at work with him and plays with him a lot. I cannot remember the last time I saw Sami play with her 3 younger children.

I agree with Shawn Christian's (Daniel) comment that Daniel's need to help everyone at his own expense is a character flaw. I wish they would explore that more. It might also help some viewers accept his presence more if they made it more clear that Daniel's need to help is not entirely a good thing.

When he's shirtless is 1 thing I know I like about him. When he 1st came on the show he was in the locker room changing & I fell out. Later I started enjoying his personality more & more as he became more of a sound person in Salem. Sometimes I wonder if he could take over Marlena's job as psychiatrist. I like but don't like his anger, as weird as that sounds.

I think Daniel would be more acceptable to the audience if the people in Salem would acknowledge his character flaws AND he is not thrust into every story line where he does not belong. He is a doctor, not a detective. Let Hope and Rafe do the detective work on the show and let him do more surgeries.

It was fun to see Brady and Daniel building a friendship. They hung out, they supported one another, they double dated with their ladies at the time. I enjoyed those moments because they were fun and realistic. Friends do get involved in each other's lives. Can't say I'm happy with Daniel's attitude towards Jen and Nicole. Be nice to see Dan and Eric show some forgiveness and empathy. Nicole's come a long way guys. Show her some tenderness. You, too, Brady!

Back