What's to like about Daniel Jonas

oh, my bad- I thought he had a fling with Billie at some point, maybe they didn't sleep together. eh whatever. He's still gross.

I guess, if we must come up with something to like about him... I like Parker. He and Chloe made a cute baby. now bring Chloe back and get rid of Dr. entitled.

and - I guess what I was trying to say was, it was poorly written the way Jen and Dan broke up. You're right- Jen should have been the one to leave since she thinks so poorly of him. It just seems like they wrote them to be "such a strong couple".. then the break up that doesn't make sense? It would have made sense if Jen left Dan. But Dan leaving and being all mad at Jen, etc... that's just poor writing. (my opinion)

One thing that has been said before, it is nice to see friendships between guys like Daniel and Eric, Daniel and Brady, etc. it helps see a character in a "normal" light rather than always about the male/female relationships. I think the character of Daniel does really well with the friendship aspect of the show. He has even been a good friend to Nicole. It appears that we fans like friendships, like the new aspect of Kate and Sami for example (even though we know it has an ultimate purpose)

I still like Daniel and wish that the writers could come up with a really good storyline for him!! I'm not sure when they started making his character so stupid and needy but I am usually all for the underdog and the PTB have made him into one. I definitely like him better when Jennifer isn't around and wish they would drop all the nonsense about Maggie's egg!!! he's a good actor and they need to give him more realistic scripts!!:rolleyes:

I still like Daniel and wish that the writers could come up with a really good storyline for him!!...
Well it sure isn't for lack of trying!
...I am usually all for the underdog and the PTB have made him into one....
Are we talking about the same scruffy surfer who is also a drug-busting, creep-catching, hostage-taking wondersurgeon? Because he is the very antithesis of an underdog.

I am glad, however, to see a few people who like Daniel are out there!!

@TamiBelle: :clap::clap::clap: I really really dislike the way they've written Daniel/Nicole lately. I felt they twisted Daniel's character all out of shape just to create a very contrived conflict. The other day when JJ was telling Paige how Daniel forgave him for all the horrible things he did to him, it really underscored how unlike Daniel it was to not forgive Nicole for far less.

@DaysLady I would agree with you if Daniel had ever complained that Jen doesn't think he's a saint. Daniel's the last person to consider himself eligible for sainthood, and I think that quite a lot of the vitirol directed towards him really is the result of the way the writers have other characters talk about him.

As far as Daniel's conflict with Jen goes, I don't see why she would want to be with him since she thinks he's weak, easily manipulated and in need of her protection, refuses to tell him anything about what's going on in her life and thinks very little of him in general.

Daniel's upset is not over the idea that Jen thinks he's imperfect but that the woman who professes to be in love with him and wants to marry him sees him as the opposite of who he is. Why SHOULD he want to stay with someone like that?

I also find it really odd that so many people fixate on Daniel's relationships from several years ago. Not only has Daniel actually changed (unlike EJ, Nick, etc), has not engaged in those kinds of affairs in a long time, but also acknowledges it was a mistake to do so in the first place and that he's not proud of having done it. Yet every thread is full of jokes about "all you need is a hospital gown." :confused:

I don't like that Daniel never mentions his birth parents either, but that seems to be a widespread problem with the current writers; characters tend to not talk about or reference people close to them who are not on canvas unless the plot dictates it.

Parker is named after Daniel's adoptive mother, so it would be so easy just to mention to Parker that today would have been "your other grandma's" birthday or something. Of course that also would require Parker talking like a normal four year old.

The thing is: Daniel is a bit stupid and he did let Nicole string him along. She NEVER would have told Eric herself. For being such a brilliant surgeon, Daniel shows an alarming lack of smarts. I remember watching one of his scenes where Eve was being incredibly manipulative, and he came away from the conversation saying, "She's so honest and straightforward." I was, like, huh?

He has a long history of letting women twist him into a pretzel. He might not like to see himself that way, but it doesn't mean it's not true. I don't blame Jennifer for telling Eric herself. Eric is her friend too. If she feels a responsibility to tell, that's her business.

I agree that Jennifer had a right to tell Eric, but I do think Daniel is a smart person and I don't believe for a minute he would've let Nicole get away with lying. Remember, Daniel was also lied to by Nicole, so he couldn't come clean just yet. In addition, the lie Nicole told about him probably would've fueled his anger/motivation to let Eric in on her little secret.

Back