Would you like to see Eric go back to the priesthood?

Would you like to see Eric go back to the priesthood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soapkitty

Reaction score
Would any one like to see Eric go back in to the priesthood again.

I for one do not want that to happen.
He is not a priest in his heart.
He shows nor forgiveness or compassion to Nicole
who really does love him.
He is the one that helped her change her mind about telling him of the papers to clear his name.
He told her he made up his mind he wants her even if he could be a priest again.
He does not deserve to be a priest
AND
He does not deserve Nicole and the love she has for him.
He has treated her too badly.

I think Eric as a priest limits the stories that can be written for him. And since he was quick to judge Nicole (when he accused her of raping him) and as mentioned, not very forgiving of Nicole now, I don't think that is where he belongs. Days needs leading men for all the women that are in Salem, so I don't see him going back.

When I came to the front page I saw the title "Would you like to see Eric go" and I thought Heck YES.... sanctimonious so and so..... he should go.... I agree should he return to the priesthood he needs to spend about a year in retreat working on his "God Skills" of listening, responding appropriately and not jumping to conclusions..... But I'm not sure a celibate man could really survive in Salem.... given the small cast you need everyone available for any coupling that comes up....

He was good as a priest, and they've already gone the route of having him struggle with the temptation of a woman. Doing that again would be NO! Otherwise, he doesn't have room for many good stories, and I think he should be better utilized than that. Plus, he's good-looking, and he should be in scenes where we can, um, appreciate his good looks. :wink:

I voted no way no how!!!! In my opinion, bringing Eric as a priest was pointless, boring, and limited the storylines. If the writers decide to reinstate him into the priesthood, I think he should go on a sabbatical far away from Salem here he can bore another town. HOWEVER......if he is not re-instated, I'd like to see him and Brady have to work together to bring Kristen down and restore their status as brothers once again. Bring John, Roman, Marlena, Nicole, into this and have them go on an adventure, all working together to bring down Kristen. Heck, this would be a good storyline for Susan Banks to get involved in.

:OT: I would also like to see john involved and see him and Eric connect. I really dislike how the writers never show a family relationship between John and the kids, even with Will who has been and is his grandfather in every sense of the word except blood. They show his relationship with Carrie being a good one and an acknowledgment to John for raising her. Just because Marlena and John are not together, the relationships he has built with his "kids" doesn't just go away, just as a relationship with a siblings spouse doesn't get forgotten and go away. I don't know if I making any sense but basically I'd like to see John raising eric as his own forgotten.

I agree that being a priest is not in his heart. I've always believed he only became a priest out of guilt for his friend who died in Africa. He thinks he has to do his friend's work for him. I'm sure there are other ways he can be involved with the church without being a priest.

I have to agree with the sentiment that he's not very priest-like in his current situation or feelings. He's angry, and he's letting that get the best of him. He's not being forgiving or understanding - granted, you'd be angry too, but still. He needs to relax and contemplate what is going on around him to be a better priest and a better person. And his storylines are limited as a priest... he needs to be a regular person again. Besides, cast members who join the flock don't last that way for long - look at John Black. *snortgiggle*

Eric comes off so sanctimonious, I just can't stand him. He never really treated Nicole very well. Always talked down to her.
Then tells her he doesn't care if he ever gets the evidence because he realized he loved her. BULL BULL BULL
He walks around with that wooo always me look. That is like no priest that I know. And I know a few.

This is a tough call, with no good answers. As others have noted, Eric as a priest provides very limited plot options, and for all his sanctimony, he doesn't seem to be very spiritual. And how many times could he doubt his vocation or be attracted to a woman parishioner before the viewers collectively fall asleep? However, without his Roman collar, he hasn't exactly set the world ablaze in the romance department. The Forest Preserve Bear would probably have more chemistry with the eligible women of Salem than Eric. Perhaps, the writers should have him join Doug and Julie on a cruise until they can think of some of decent plots for him. (When Doug gets sick of listening to Julie rant against people who didn't care about Tricky Nicky's death, Eric could fill in for him.)

I may be a bit biased as I'm coming off a late night old episode of Charmed viewing.

So
A) he can go back to the priesthood temporarily as long as they do the conflicted storyline and he realizes Nicole is the one and is willing to adjust his sanctimonious ways to be with her.

b) he can go back to the priesthood and head off on the next good will project leaving Nicole free to meet the dashing bad boy she should probably always have been with.

What I don't want to see is Eric hooked up with anyone else (No Jen, No Abby, No Melanie)

Back