Would you like to see Eric go back to the priesthood?

Would you like to see Eric go back to the priesthood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Nicole will end up pregnant and in some type of danger and that will cause Eric to realize that his feelings for her supersede the church

What I want to know is even without Nicole being pregnant but just the church learning that Eric didn't follow his own faith and the churches teachings (the ones he used to teach his congregation and counsel couples) about getting married before they have sex would be something that would keep them from reinstatement as priest. They already should know that Eric disregarded the monks suggestions to spend more time in prayer and consideration over his choice and that he had more choices. I also want to know who will be the one to tell the bishop that Eric had become engaged to be married in the short time since resigning after being suspended.

Poirot,
My cousin that is 3 weeks younger than me (we wore bikinis together!) went to become a nun as soon as she graduated high school in 1972.
It really does take a special person with a special mindset.

As far as fictional Eric, It does not seem like he really should be a priest.
Not saying he isn't religious, but a lot of people "believe" and would not be good as clergy.
Just my opinion.....

Jennifer was born in 1976 and the twins were born in 1984, technically making Jennifer only 8 years older than Eric.

But then Jennifer was SORAS'd into a teen in 1985 when the twins were still infants. Wasn't until 1992 that Sami was SORAS'd into a teenager (with Eric coming to Salem as a teen/young man in 1997).

So, right now, I'd guess Sami and Eric are back to being about 8-10 years younger than Jennifer.

What's funny is that Sami's son, Will, was born in 1995 and Jennifer's son, JJ, was born in 2004, but now they're only about 4 years apart (since Will graduated in 2010 and JJ graduates this year).

Only in Salem!! (Or Springfield, Genoa City...LOL.)

I just hope we see some movement in this story sometime this week. SarahBeth, I like your points - I was glad Nicole stuck to the Chyka/Kristen facts and didn't talk about her relationship with Eric.

I was afraid she was going to tell all, and everyone would be heaping blame on her when Eric was exonerated but told he couldn't be a priest because of his premarital hanky panky.

Jason I don't doubt that they will still blame Nicole. I'm sure we will have to endure the Brady's and the Archduchess of Haggery Jenn herself verbal attacks telling Nicole it's all her fault. None of them will accept that Eric told Nicole he chose her regardless off any evidence and if they get into the gory details they will never believe that until Eric told her it was right for them to make love that Nicole was respecting that he wanted to wait till marriage. I still think that the fact that Eric put a ring on Nicole's finger is enough for the church to say no to him returning to the priesthood.

Back