Would you like to see Eric go back to the priesthood?

Would you like to see Eric go back to the priesthood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see how Eric ever decided to become a priest. He changes his story all the time: I want to be with Nicole, no matter what the evidence; I want to wait until marriage for sex; ....

Is that like lying? LOL I voted no to returning to the priesthood.

I don't really know...I wouldn't mind him going back and just being recurring, because honestly, what other storyline would there be for him as a priest? But hey, that way vets can take the airtime he was hogging as of late. However, I also would like to see him with another woman: perhaps Jordan or even Chloe if they bring her back. Eric and Jordan would be a perfect pair-both are kind of boring and "good" characters but maybe they can bring out the excitement in each other. And Jordan will probably dump Rafe after learning of the grief romp he shared with Kate.

I wouldn't mind him back with Nicoke if he got off his high horse and if she stopped conniving.

Eric does not deserve to be with Nicole, also he does not deserve to be a Priest either he has none of the real qualities that a priest should have..
He only joined out of guilt and in a moment of misplaced responsibility for what happened in Africa.
He wanted to be that kind of person (like the priest that died) someone with a sence of purpose and calling, none of which he had at the time..

When I came to the front page I saw the title "Would you like to see Eric go" and I thought Heck YES.... sanctimonious so and so..... he should go.... I agree should he return to the priesthood he needs to spend about a year in retreat working on his "God Skills" of listening, responding appropriately and not jumping to conclusions..... But I'm not sure a celibate man could really survive in Salem.... given the small cast you need everyone available for any coupling that comes up....

He seems to be just like his mother and sister. They both think they know it all--didferent ways, but they do. I cannot imagine why Marlena lowers herself to going to Nicole's home and speaking to her in such a manner. And as for Eric--he doesn't have a Christian bone in his body,

I vote no, because, like many others, I don't think Eric has the qualities or dedication.

And I really wish it was the church who turned him down now. Not because of the whole Kristen raping Eric (horrible, just plain horrible, I had trouble watching the scenes as I was so disgusted), but because of Eric's attitude in general. Instead of having Nicole refusing to help Eric, I wish she would decide to testify in front of the bishop, not to lie or manipulate, but by telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I want Nicole to tell them how she tried to help Eric from the beginning, I want her to tell the church about Eric accusing her of the rape, about him constantly judging her and putting her down. I want Nicole to tell the church how she tried to talk to him at first about the evidence, and then, about Eric telling her he chose her no matter what. I want Nicole to admit she was wrong, of course, but I also wish she would tell how much Eric as toyed with her (kissing her, wanting her, backing down, wanting her again, asking her to marry him, than backing down yet again, then asking her again). And then I want to see what the church and the bishop think about the good father. Alas, never going to happen. :rolleyes:

I edited to add : Right now, I'm sorry to say, I just want Eric to go. Period.

I vote no, because, like many others, I don't think Eric has the qualities or dedication.

And I really wish it was the church who turned him down now. Not because of the whole Kristen raping Eric (horrible, just plain horrible, I had trouble watching the scenes as I was so disgusted), but because of Eric's attitude in general. Instead of having Nicole refusing to help Eric, I wish she would decide to testify in front of the bishop, not to lie or manipulate, but by telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I want Nicole to tell them how she tried to help Eric from the beginning, I want her to tell the church about Eric accusing her of the rape, about him constantly judging her and putting her down. I want Nicole to tell the church how she tried to talk to him at first about the evidence, and then, about Eric's telling her he chose her no matter what. I want Nicole to admit she was wrong, of course, but I also wish she would tell how much Eric as toyed with her (kissing her, wanting her, backing down, wanting her again, asking her to marry him, than backing down yet again, then asking her again). And then I want to see what the church and the bishop think about the good father. Alas, never going to happen. :rolleyes:

You truly are a good writer.....you get your point across loud and clear!
I TOTALLY AGREE!
Here's 1000 Kudos for you!
:clap: X 1,000= 1,:clap::clap::clap:

And I really wish it was the church who turned him down now. Not because of the whole Kristen raping Eric (horrible, just plain horrible, I had trouble watching the scenes as I was so disgusted), but because of Eric's attitude in general. Instead of having Nicole refusing to help Eric, I wish she would decide to testify in front of the bishop, not to lie or manipulate, but by telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I want Nicole to tell them how she tried to help Eric from the beginning, I want her to tell the church about Eric accusing her of the rape, about him constantly judging her and putting her down. I want Nicole to tell the church how she tried to talk to him at first about the evidence, and then, about Eric telling her he chose her no matter what. I want Nicole to admit she was wrong, of course, but I also wish she would tell how much Eric as toyed with her (kissing her, wanting her, backing down, wanting her again, asking her to marry him, than backing down yet again, then asking her again). And then I want to see what the church and the bishop think about the good father. Alas, never going to happen. :rolleyes:

That is what I would really like, too. Nicole tells EVERYTHING. Eric decides to go back to the Church but is rejected. Then he can go do whatever for all I care.

I don't like the way Eric is treating Nicole but I don't think he belongs in the priesthood either. I find him very wooden whenever he tries to put himself in priest mode, like he's not being himself. I don't know what should be done with him honestly. I just want to see Nicole realize she deserves better. I really liked her with Daniel, not counting how he handled discovering the shreds, which I thought was out of character.

I think the best way for Eric to learn humility is for him to be rejected by the church - but I have to agree with TheWriter: this can only happen after Nicole tells the whole truth to the bishop. After the bishop hears everything that she was put through by Eric.

I wonder if TPTB decided to go the route of you're always hurt most by the one that you love for this storyline.

Back