Xander and Nicole

There have been way too many "imposter" storylines over the years! It's just ridiculous that the writers think that plastic surgery could turn someone into an exact double of another person. Let's face it; you can change faces, hair color, fingerprints and someone's weight; but you cannot explain a difference in someone's height without lopping off their legs. (Calling Dr. Rolf!) The worst imposter story had to be with Adrienne and Bonnie, mostly because of the mastectomy. Even the best plastic surgeon couldn't fix that one, and expecting us to believe Lucas couldn't tell was just insulting the audience's intelligence.

I agree, SalemPDiots! I think it's asking a bit too much for us to believe that a person can be totally transformed into someone else. I know Days has done this many times but it's one time to many, in my opinion. What is going to happen when the charade is over and Kristen wants to be Kristen again? More extensive surgery? I think not! I understand we have to suspend reality when we watch soaps, but when the same tired and ridiculous storyline is used over and over we are going to lose interest. We've seen it so many times we know how it will end.

Right, oldsoapie! I think that is what it would have to be, but how can the difference in height be explained? It's been noted that Nicole is taller than Kristen and their bodies are also different. I could buy Nicole being brainwashed but I think her love for her child would overcome that. There are so many possibilities it makes your head spin!

but how can the difference in height be explained? It's been noted that Nicole is taller than Kristen and their bodies are also different.
Because on soaps, TV shows or movies, the differences in their bodies are never "noticed" when they do lookalike stories. We're supposed to believe the lookalike is so identical that even lovers can't tell the difference.

Look at how John was thought to be Roman until Wayne Northrop (original Roman) agreed to return. Drake Hogestyn (John) and Wayne Northrop (original Roman) not only have different body types, but Roman had curly/wavy hair, while John's was straight and much darker. Yet from 1985 to 1991, everyone believed he was Roman, even though John was taller with completely different hair.

Anything is possible in Salem! I know it's been done many times before and will happen again many times. Salem exists in another reality possibly the Twilight Zone!

Same as the other 3 soaps. They all do the return-from-the dead over and over, the lookalikes, the ridiculously SORAS'd kids, the disappearing scars and regrown limbs, etc.

JS, I am reminded of Philip's face transplant and his regrown leg. I also remember the ridiculous plot that had JJ and his buddies going to wherever the war was to rescue him. It defies reality to think a bunch of teenagers could carry out a rescue in a war zone. That also has me thinking that I am not looking at these strange events in Salem soap opera reality. I have to keep reminding myself that these storylines are what makes a soap a soap. Days has been around for 50 years so they must be doing something right. Days is an opportunity for me to sit down and relax for an hour and enjoy the show, but it can be difficult at times to enjoy it. I do wish the writers could find some fresh storylines and stop rehashing old ones. Just my opinion!

DARN!! Talk about rapid aging!! JJ was a cop before he was old enough to drive! I could have sworn he was part of that but my memory ain't what it used to be. I can't remember who the other guys were, only remember Philip enlisting in the Marines. Wow! I am a dummy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot imagine that this is really Nicole. Especially after calling a Holly a whiny little brat. Please don't let it really be Nicole. Please let it be another ridiculous double story!
I thought she was Kristen and when she said whiny brat it put the nail on the head for me also macswife

Someone on twitter just told the whole story from the "summer preview" article in SOD. And yes, evidently this is Kristen with a Nicole mask, and her plan to snare Brady. And this means convincing him she no longer is in love with Eric. No clue or word on "real" Nicole.

Ugh, nothing exciting or original about that storyline. I really hate when we're supposed to look past the part that Nicole and Kristen are different heights, different body types. I just hope after all this the real Nicole is alive. Maybe that's where Holly is. It may be the only thing that makes this storyline tolerable.

I recently saw a picture of New Year's Eve 2020 in Salem. Nicole was in the photo with Rafe and Marlena and Kayla. I assumed it might be the real Nicole because it is seven months in the future. At least we know that Nicole/Kristen is still in Salem and I hope the Salem brain figures out what's going on and this impersonation doesn't drag on for the rest of the year.

Last edited:
Back