Your very first Days memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first memory was the Salem Strangler when Marlena was killed by the Strangler,
My favorite memories are John Marlena 1986
Roman(John) Marlena 1991
John Marlena 1993 and the Affair, John Marlena 1999-2003

That was certainly a shocker. I remember Deidre Hall (Marlena) being shown on the news walking out of the studio to talk to distraught fans; telling them they had to keep watching the show and hang in there (since she knew the Salemites would find out in a few days that Marlena was alive).

My first memory is when Marlene lost her baby boy and was married to...I can't remember his name...Boy age plays havoc on my memory these days!

I remember that story line when everyone thought Marlena was dead.

Later, I remembered she had a twin and realized that just
maybe Marlena wasn't dead afterall ;)

First memories -- early '80s with Bo and Hope, Frankie and Jennifer, original Roman and Marlena... Biggest memory - I'd quit watching for years, but started again when my mother was sick because she had it on every afternoon. Flying back home from my mom's funeral, I looked up and Kristen Alfonso (Hope) was on my plane. I've been watching again everyday ever since.

My first memory of watching Days was when I was 8 years old, my foot was broken and I had to stay with my aunt during the day because my parents had to work. That was when Marlena was being stalked by the Salem Strangler and Roman was pretending to be homeless to watch out for her.

My mom was an ABC soap watcher and I always just knew what went on with those until my best friend and her sister got me started with Days in about 6th or 7th grade? I don't remember what year but my first Days memory was of Marlena holding the picture of Roman and facing Roman with the new face (now John). I skipped a couple of years here and there in the 90's.

I was 6 years old... and the first thing that I really remember : Laura was married to Mickey, but his brother Bill was her ex. Bill raped Laura and she got pregnant.

I didn't really understand it all, but I later realized all of that when Michael was a bit older and found out Bill was his dad... of course, Laura must not have held it against Bill, since they got married and later had Jennifer.
Rapists seem to always be forgiven on soaps. Jack Devereaux was able to become a "hero" after raping Kayla and he even got to marry the virginal saint Jennifer. :(

Bill and Jack were both shown to have deep remorse for raping Laura and Jennifer.

Jack didn't want to be with Jennifer because he felt unworthy due to the rape (of Kayla). And when he saw how much Jennifer suffered after being raped by Lawrence Alamain, that gave him even more reason not to pursue her, because he was so ashamed of his past actions. They worked through it together eventually.

My mom tells me that DOOL was on in the hospital when I was born in 1981. No memories of that! My first hazy memory had something to do with Calliope and Stefano and some kind of robots!? Does anyone know what I could be thinking of? I didn't start really watching until the Possession of Marlena.

Eugene built a Calliope robot replica. Nothing to do with Stefano though. But the Calliope robot was a storyline for the summer of 1989. A crazed guy kidnapped the real Calliope thinking she was the robot. Then Eugene had to sacrifice the robot when he was able to switch the real Calliope with the robot Calliope before the crazed guy started shooting (and destroying) the robot.

Oh, wow, Thanx, Jason. I was watching then, and did not remember that. :clap:

I have watched since birth, but I guess my earliest memory that really stands out is when Roman moved into Marlena's apartment and slept on the floor to protect her. At the age of 10 or 11, I thought that was "way cool"!

**swoon** I loved that story. That is how you write a supercouple. :love:

My very first memory was when I was a little girl and I don't remember much about it except Doug was in it and Hope was a little girl and was standing in the bedroom doorway listening to Doug. I think she was supposed to be asleep but got up. I have no idea what was going on LOL. My Mom and sisters always watch Days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back