Better Than Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh yeah! Thanks for another great chapter Andre! I knew it was Marlena! LOL

Chapter 6

Italics indicates flashbacks
CAROLINE: You what!?
MARLENA: I just told you. I thought about killing E.J.
CAROLINE: Marlena, this isn't like you! How could you even think about killing E.J.? You're not a murderer!
MARLENA: I know, I know. It's just...after all that that s.o.b. Has done to Sami...I just snapped. I wasn't thinking. I was all ready to go. I had the gun in my hand...
~~~
We see the same scene as the one in chapter 1. Marlena has a gun in her hands.
MARLENA: You've messed with the wrong woman, E.J. You can't just hut someone the way you've hurt my daughter and expect you'll get away with it. It's time for you to pay.
Marlena is ready to walk out the door, but stops herself.
MARLENA: No. What am I thinking?! No! I can't shoot E.J. He may have hurt my daughter in so many unthinkable ways, but that doesn't give me the right to kill him. Who am I to decide who lives and who dies?
Marlena puts the gun down.
MARLENA: I need to go for a walk. I need to talk to somebody.
Marlena walks out.

~~~
MARLENA: And then I came here.
CAROLINE: I'm glad you did.
MARLENA: So am I. I just needed to tell somebody about it.
CAROLINE: Well, heaven knows that I've thought about shooting E.J. for the way he treats Sami several times. Thank goodness neither of us actually acted on our desires.
MARLENA: Yeah. Thanks for the talk, Caroline.
CAROLINE: Anytime, dear.
SAMI: Rafe?
RAFE: So, you must be Lucas. Sami's told me quite a bit about you.
LUCAS: Yeah, I've heard a bit about you, too.
RAFE: So, Sami, you're replacing me already?:
SAMI: No...well, kind of.
RAFE: Kind of? Well, it certainly looks to me like you are.
SAMI: Rafe, I'm sorry.
RAFE: No. I'm sorry. But I won't try to fight it. I'll bow out gracefully. You two obviously have a lot of catching up to do. Don't let me get in your way. It's been nice knowing you, Sami. Have a nice life.
SAMI: “Have a nice life”? What is that supposed to mean?
RAFE: I'm leaving. And believe it or not, Sami, but it has little to do with you. I've been thinking about leaving ever since Arianna died. My mom's been in a poor state since Ari was killed, so I'm going to go take care of her. I was just looking for an opportunity to leave. Lucas coming back has given me that opportunity. So, I'll be going now.
Rafe turns to leave.
SAMI: No! Rafe, please! Please, just let me explain!
RAFE: No, I don't need or want to hear any explanations, Sami. I do feel that I need to give an explanation, though.
MARLENA: Have you ever seen the movie “Misery”, E.J.?
E.J.: Can't say that I have, no.
MARLENA: Oh, it's a wonderful film. It stars Kathy Bates. You know, the woman who played Molly Brown in “Titanic”. She won an Academy Award and a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Annie Wilkes in “Misery”.
Marlena puts the sledge hammer down, picks up a block of wood, and puts it between E.J.'s feet. As she continues talking, she is strapping E.J.'s legs to the floor.
MARLENA: Anyway, there's this wonderful scene where Annie goes just a tiny bit off the deep end. Just a little. There was a sledge hammer used in that scene, too.
E.J.: Marlena, what are you doing?
MARLENA: Well, you seem to have a problem. And, I am the doctor. So, I'm going to help you with that problem. But, unfortunately, it's going to hurt a little bit. You see, I prepared for this, but I forgot to bring the anesthesia for it.
Marlena picks up the sledge hammer. E.J. gulped again.
E.J.: Marlena...whatever you're thinking about doing...please, don't do it. I swear, I can make things right with you. I really can.
MARLENA: Ssh, darling. This will only hurt a little bit.
E.J.: Please!
Marlena brings the sledge hammer down on E.J.'s right ankle. E.J. howls in pain.
MARLENA: It's okay, E.J. Just a little more pain.
Marlena brings the sledge hammer down on E.J.'s left ankle. A cry mixed with a scream came out of E.J.'s mouth.
MARLENA: There. All done. See, that wasn't so bad. Was it?
Marlena puts the sledge hammer down. E.J. is in too much pain to say anything.
MARLENA: Oh, by the way, that anesthesia I told you about before...I lied.
Marlena took a syringe out of her pocket and injects it into E.J.'s arm.

Ohhh Cool Cool Cool. I just loved the movie Misery. Annie would go out all over and appear normal and they go back to the house to continue her torture. Marlena was so super in the role. I can just picture her eyes as she breaks EJ's ankles. Thanks for the chapter Andre.

WOW! I absolutely love it! Whooo hooo LOL

On a side note, Lucas and Rafe have met before right?
For some reason, I can't place them together at all in my head right now.

Chapter 7

SAMI: Explanation? Rafe, you don't have to give me any explanation.
RAFE: Yes, I do. Like I said, I was planning to leave for a while. But I couldn't do it unless I knew you had a good guy with you. I knew that Lucas still loves you, and I know that you still love Lucas. So, I called him up and asked him to come here.
SAMI: Wait a minute. You mean to tell me that the only reason you came here is because Rafe asked you to?
LUCAS: No. I came here because I love you. And I'm going to try to get the old Sami back. The Sami that won't take any garbage from E.J. or any other man. The Sami that isn't afraid to do whatever she has to to make sure she gets her own way. Ever since E.J. came to town, it's like you're a whole other person, Sami.
RAFE: Even though I didn't know you then, from what Lucas tells me, I might have liked you. I'll see you later, I hope.
SAMI: Goodbye, Rafe. I'll miss you.
Rafe and Sami hug.
RAFE: I'll miss you too, Sami. Hey, Lucas?
LUCAS: Yeah?
RAFE: Take good care of this one. She's special.
LUCAS: You think I don't know that? But trust me, by the time I'm through with her, she'll be back to her old self.
RAFE: all right. See you later.
SAMI: Bye, Rafe.
Rafe left Sami's apartment.
A day or two had passed. E.J. was beginning to look worse and worse. He had bites all over him from the fire ants. His ankles were shattered from where Marlena had hit them with a sledge hammer. He was pale and could barely speak louder than a whisper.
E.J.: Marlena...why are you...doing this to me?
MARLENA: You know why I'm doing this, E.J. It's because you hurt Sami. You've hurt her too may times. And each time you do, you just get off scott-free and think that you can do it again. Well, not think time. This time, you will pay. I want you to suffer the way you've made Sami suffer ever since you set foot in Salem.
E.J.: But...I...never...tortured her...like...this.
MARLENA: Maybe not physically. But mentally and emotionally you did. There's more than one way to torture a person. Beating them is only one way of doing it. There are so many ways.
E.J.: Please...Marlena...have pity.
MARLENA: Why should I? You never did.
Marlena looks at her watch.
MARLENA: That poison I injected you with should be taking effect right about now.
E.J.: Poison...what poison?
MARLENA: That sedative. The one I injected you with after smashing your ankles. It contained a very strong poison. All of your major organs should be shutting down right about now.
E.J.: Mar...lena...please...
MARLENA: Ssh. It's okay. Go towards the light. The light will save you. Go towards that bright red and orange crackling light.
E.J.: No...please...Mar...lena...
MARLENA: How's that old poem go? “Now, weary traveller, rest your head, for very soon you'll be utterly dead”.
E.J.: You'll...never...figure...it...out...
MARLENA: What?
E.J.: The...pattern...
E.J. shut his eyes and died. Marlena chuckled to herself, then she walked out of the room on the pier where she had been torturing E.J. But she forgot two things. One, she forgot to put her Ronald Reagen mask back on. Two, she forgot that surveillance cameras had been placed at various locations on the pier. And one of them was right in front of her makeshift torture chamber.

Ooohhhh! EJ is dead. So I wonder who is going to figure out that Marlena was the one who did it. Will the cops get to the info first or will Stefano? Hehehe! And what is this pattern that EJ speaks of? Good story, Andre.

Ej dies....but lets not forget that he is Stefano's son...therefore he could always come back to life, but lets hope not!

Great Chapter.

Chapter 8

It was now a few days after Marlena shot, tortured, and killed E.J. The Salem P.D. knew that he had gone missing, but not that he was dead. They were looking through all of their security footage of the last week, trying to find out where E.J. had been taken, and by whom. As they watched the footage, they saw that E.J. had been taken to the pier. After sending two officers down there, they found that E.J. was dead. There was a bullet hole in his right foot, insect bites all over his body, and his ankles had been shattered. What he died from, they could not tell. Bo and Roman continued watching security footage of the pier. Then, Bo noticed something.
BO: Rewind that about one minute and zoom in.
A technician typed a few things into the computer. Bo and Roman saw someone come out of the building. However, because they had zoomed in, the person's face was pixalized and they couldn't tell who it was.
BO: Clean up the picture a bit.
With a few more clips of the mouse, they could see exactly who it was who was exiting the room where E.J. had been tortured. As we already know, it was Marlena.
ROMAN: What da hell?
The next morning, Marlena was having breakfast at the Brady Pub with Sami and Lucas.
MARLENA: So, you two are back together again?
SAMI: That's right, mom.
MARLENA: But what about Rafe?
SAMI: He's actually the reason that we've back together. He had to go help his mom, but he asked Lucas to come back.
MARLENA: It sounds to me like Rafe was playing matchmaker.
LUCAS: He was. And I'm glad that he did.
Sami and Lucas kissed.
SAMI: So, mom, what are you doing back in town?
MARLENA: I wanted to see you. I like the check up on all of my children every now and then. In a few weeks I'll be going to Colorado to visit Eric.
A police officer walks in just as Marlena says this.
OFFICER: Or not.
MARLENA: Excuse me?
OFFICER: Dr. Marlena Evans?
MARLENA: Yes?
OFFICER: I'm police officer Mick Nugget. Stand up please, and keep your hands where I can see them.
Marlena stands up and puts her hands out in front of her. Officer Nugget puts handcuffs on her.
OFFICER: Marlena Evans, you are under arrest for breaking-and-entering into the DiMera Mansion as well as the kidnap, torture, and murder of Elvis DiMera. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand these rights as I have read them?
MARLENA: Yes.
OFFICER: Good. Now, come with me.
And, with that, Marlena was carted off to prison.

HAHAH. Were you eating McNuggets for supper when you wrote this? LMAO. Thanks for another awesome chapter Andre! I cannot wait for more!!

Chapter 9

Salem Woman's Prison. The Visiting Room. Sami and Marlena (who is wearing a prison uniform) are talking.
SAMI: Unfortunately, Uncle Mickey passed away a few months before Gran. But, we have found you a lawyer.
MARLENA: That's good. Who?
Justin walks in.
MARLENA: Justin?
Marlena stands up. She and Justin hug.
JUSTIN: Hello, Marlena. Good to see you. I only wish it were under more pleasant circumstances.
MARLENA: So do I. Do you think you can prove I'm innocent?
JUSTIN: That's just the thing. We're not going to prove you're innocent. We're going with a guilty plea.
MARLENA: But, Justin, I didn't do it.
JUSTIN: Marlena, there's a mountain of evidence against you. Video footage of you coming out of the room where E.J. was murdered. Your fingerprints were found on the weapons used to torture E.J. Let's face it, Marlena, you're about as guilty as the man behind the grassy knoll.
MARLENA: But I didn't do it! I wasn't anywhere near the pier on the night that E.J. was kidnapped! And I certainly wasn't there when he was murdered!
JUSTIN: Okay. If you weren't at the pier then where were you?
MARLENA: On the night E.J. was kidnapped I was with my hotel. Like everybody else in Salem, I wanted E.J. dead. However, I realized that I was being crazy. I'm not a killer. So, I went to the Brady Pub and talked with Caroline. The next day, I went to the other woman's prison to visit Hope. The next day, I visited Bo. After I left Bo's house, I visited Maggie. On the day E.J. was killed, I was babysitting Allie, Johnny, and Sydney for my daughter. You can check with all of those people. You can even check with the warden of the woman's prison. Although, to be honest, I don't really trust her. I think something weird is going on there.
JUSTIN: What about the evidence against you, then? The video footage and your fingerprints?
MARLENA: I don't know. I think I'm being set up.
JUSTIN: By who?
MARLENA: I don't know that either. But it must be somebody with a grudge against me. All I know is that I was not the one who committed that crime.
JUSTIN: Okay. So, we'll work on an innocent plea.
MARLENA: Good. What do we do from here?
JUSTIN: Well, it won't be easy. The prosecution's got a very strong case. Especially since all of the evidence points to you. They're going to try to make you look as heartless, twisted, and evil as they can. But I think we might have a chance at this.

Is Marlena taking the same meds as Hope was....or has her twin Samantha risen from the dead?

Good story!

Didn't Susan impersonate Marlena for a while? or am I remembering that incorrectly? Could be Susan back to punish her boy for being so mean, mean, mean...LOL

Thanks for another awesome chapter Andre!

I forgot she had a twin too...wasn't she murdered? or was a murderer or something to that effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back