Beyond Salem 2 summaries and comments

Awww, and here I was thinking it was a nod to Capt. B.J. Honeycut on M*A*S*H*

robin, thanks for doing all the summaries for Beyond Salem.

We were supposed to be surprised to see Bo at the end in the DiMera hideout. I think most of us knew who
Megan had stashed away.

Since the prisms were active, is his cancer gone already?

Li Shin was upset because security let John and Steve in. Is because the security guards used to work at the
Salem PD?

John was cute when Paul said to him say something and he replied something.

Thank goodness, Hope's marriage to Harris was annulled.

I'm glad Hope remembered her dance with Bo in heaven when they played the song.

Will Stephanie coming to Salem soon?

I'm glad Wendy told Joey and Tripp she didn't want to date either one since they were brothers.

When did Paul get training to use a gun? Will he join the ISA like his dad?

I enjoyed this Beyond Salem better than the Christmas show.

You really have to suspend in your mind any sense of reality. Characters moved from Montreal to Venezuela to Hong Kong to Seattle in a blink. I think Megan was in Montreal and Venezuela at the same time once. That being said I enjoy it. I liked the focus on the three long time super couples. Loved seeing Bo and Hope back and together. And yes I am confident that was Bo which brings me to a question. Did they do that to leave it open in case Kristian Alfonso (Hope) and Peter Reckell (Bo) decide to return one day? Or was that a set up for Beyond Salem, chapter 3?

Still watching yesterday’s episode. John really ought to carry some protective crystals or do some work to protect himself from mind control. He’s got the softest psyche ever. You’d think an ISA agent would have some resistance training.

And isn’t Tripp done with love triangles by now?

Last edited:
Daily Cast Chart...

21f5d401288c11d72fec27a11d18ba6edacd7e2f.jpg

020ef463ba19b51d601bac03348ddbc9255d6fc1.jpg

Why doesn't Eileen Davidson get credit for being Kristen?
Was it because the newspaper article she was reading said Kristen was in jail? so we should have known it was someone else?

"Beyond Salem" 205...7/15/22: (Episode Length: 45:45)
Cast: Andrew, Angela, Ben, Bo, Ciara, Gabi, Harris, Hope, John, Kayla, Li, Marlena, Megan, Paul, Steve, Tripp, Stephanie, Joey, Wendy, Justice of the Peace, Doctor, Nurse Honeycutt, Cop.
Sets: Lab, Montreal Hotel Grounds, Tripp's Hong Kong Hotel Room, Hong Kong Hotel Ballroom, Heaven, Hong Kong Hotel Lobby, Montreal Interrogation Room, Caracas DiMera Lair, Seattle Hospital Room, Seattle Nurses' Station, Paul's San Francisco Apartment, Montreal Dock; Stock Footage Exteriors.

ACT ONE
Lab (Doctor, Nurse Honeycutt)

ACT TWO
Montreal Hotel Grounds (Hope, Ben, Ciara, Megan, Harris, Justice of the Peace)
Tripp's Hong Kong HR (Kayla, Marlena)
Hong Kong Hotel Ballroom (John, Steve, Li, Gabi, Tripp, Joey, Wendy, Paul, Andrew, Xs)

ACT THREE
Heaven (Bo, Angela)
Hong Kong Hotel Ballroom (John, Steve, Li, Gabi, Tripp, Joey, Wendy, Paul, Andrew, Kayla, Xs)
Hong Kong Hotel Lobby (Marlena, John, Xs)

ACT FOUR
Hong Kong Hotel Ballroom (Steve, Li, Gabi, Tripp, Joey, Wendy, Paul, Andrew, Kayla, Xs)
Hong Kong Hotel Lobby (Marlena, John, Paul, Andrew, Xs)
Hong Kong Hotel Ballroom (Steve, Li, Gabi, Tripp, Joey, Wendy, Kayla, Xs)

ACT FIVE
Heaven (Bo, Angela)
Montreal Hotel Grounds (Hope, Ben, Ciara, Harris)
Hong Kong Hotel Lobby (Marlena, Paul, Xs)
Hong Kong Hotel Ballroom (Steve, Gabi, Tripp, Joey, Wendy, Kayla, Xs)
Hong Kong Hotel Lobby (Marlena, Paul, Andrew, Kayla, Steve, Joey, Tripp, Xs)

ACT SIX
Montreal Interrogation Room (Hope, Harris, Cop)
Caracas DiMera Lair (John, Megan, Paul, Andrew)

ACT SEVEN
Heaven (Bo, Angela)
Montreal Interrogation Room (Hope, Harris, Cop)
Tripp's Hong Kong Hotel Room (Steve, Tripp, Joey, Wendy, Kayla, Marlena)
Caracas DiMera Lair (John, Megan, Paul, Andrew)
Tripp's Hong Kong Hotel Room (Steve, Kayla)
Hong Kong Hotel Ballroom (Wendy, Joey, Tripp)
Caracas DiMera Lair (John, Paul, Andrew)

ACT EIGHT
Hong Kong Hotel Lobby (Marlena, John, Xs)
Seattle Hospital Room (Steve, Kayla, Stephanie)
Seattle Nurses' Station (Joey, Tripp, Xs)
Hong Kong Hotel Lobby (Wendy, Gabi, Li, Xs)
Paul's San Francisco Apt. (Paul, Andrew)
Lab (Megan, Doctor)
Montreal Dock (Hope, Ben, Ciara, Xs)
FLASHBACKS (Hope, Bo)
Heaven (Bo, Angela)
Lab (Megan, Doctor, Bo)

Starring:
Kristian Alfonso as Hope Brady
Peter Reckell as Bo Brady
Steve Burton as Harris Michaels
Special Guest Star: Loretta Devine as Angela
Deidre Hall as Marlena Black
Drake Hogestyn as John Black
Stephen Nicholas as Steve Johnson
Mary Beth Evans as Kayla Johnson
Victoria Konefal as Ciara Weston
Robert Scott Wilson as Ben Weston
Miranda Wilson as Megan Hathaway
Christopher Sean as Paul Narita
Lucas Adams as Tripp Johnson
Camila Banus as Gabi Hernandez
Remington Hoffman as Li Shin
Colton Little as Andrew Donovan
Tanner Stine as Joey Johnson
Victoria Grace as Wendy Shin
Abigail Klein as Stephanie Johnson
William Brennan as Justice of the Peace
Anthony Molinari - Stunt Coordinator

Executive Producer: Ken Corday
Co-Executive Producer: Albert Alarr
Senior Producer: Janet Spellman-Drucker
Producer: Randy Dugan
Associate Producer: Sara P. McCormick
Directed by: Noel Maxam
Developed by: Ron Carlivati
Associate Writer: Ryan Quan
Script Editor: Fran Myers Newman
Story by: Ryan Quan
Teleplay by: Kirk Doering
Production Manager: Jeff Voorhees
Theme by: Charles Albertine, Tommy Boyce, Bobby Hart
Music Composed by: Ken Corday, D. Brent Nelson
Music Directors: D. Brent Nelson, Paul F. Antonelli
Production Designer: Tom Early
Associate Directors: Joseph H. Lumer, Michael Fiamingo, Holly Metts
Stage Managers: Lucy Yalenian, Jessie Harrison
Production Associates: Alexis Straiten, Adriana Alvarado
Property Master: Steve Dempsey
Art Director: Danielle Mullen
Assistant Art Directors: Adele Fenner, Sarah Frances Holmes, Kaydee Lavorin
Assistants to the Producers: Jennifer Werwage, Shamime Shaw, Megan Titus, Jackson Walters
Testing Coordinator: Nicholas DeFilippis
Production Finance: Cynthia Aamoth, Terri Lynn Doubet, Bruno Gerardo
Writers' Assistants: Tyler Topits, Kirk Doering
Publicity: Lia Maiuri
Digital Content Producer: Kaley Smith
Casting by: Marnie Saitta
Casting Associate: Bob Lambert, C.S.A.
Costume Designer: Richard Bloore
Wardrobe: Jammie Harris, Sara Auhagen, Jennifer Seery, Alix Scott, Rachel Harmon, Nicole Nagy, Julie Meinhart, Keith Lambert, Cleo Avila, Nina Stoller
Makeup Artists: Deidre Decker, Karen Dahl, Elizabeth Dahl, Natalie Thimm, Morgan McDonell, Ed French, Hayley Aston
Hairstylists: Marisa Ramirez, Armando Licon, Amber Renick, Nicole Brennan, Marion Rogers, Daniella Gutierrez, Jody Burton
Technical Directors: John Sizemore, John Bromberek
Directors of Photography: David Meagher, Mike Updegraff
Audio: Nick Kleissas
Boom Operators: Harry Young, Stu Rudolph
Cameras: Mark Warshaw, Michael J. Denton, John Bromberek, Steve Clark, John Boyd, John Carlson
Video Tape Operator: Brian Duclos
Senior Video: Alexis Dellar Hanson
Lead Editor/A.D.: Jill Underhill
Assistant Editors: Richard Florio, Alexander Uhler
Electronic Maintenance: Marko Fox
Special Effects: Gregg Church
Visual Effects: Jill Underhill, Richard Florio
Messengers: Rumsin Givargiznia, Miles Thornton
Produced at The Burbank Studios, A Worthe Real Estate Group Property
Executive in Charge of Production: Mike Russell

Why doesn't Eileen Davidson get credit for being Kristen?
Was it because the newspaper article she was reading said Kristen was in Jail? so we should have known it was someone else?

Wasn't it Thomas the whole time? That's what I took it as. I listed that as "Thomas as Kristen" for the scenes before Thomas was revealed.

I called it that by the end of Beyond Salem 2, Bo would be brought back to life. The only problem is right now he is in Megan's hands and she probably won't be releasing him back to Hope or Salem anytime soon, but it is a good setup if Peter Reckell wants to return to the show they now have a way.

It also looks like we may be seeing some of the other characters back in Salem: Stephanie, Joey, Tripp, Wendy. They also have a good setup for Andrew and Paul to pop in and out of Salem on an ISA assignment, as Andrew may have enticed Paul to join. I can't at this point see either of them long term as it appears Christopher Sean (Paul) has other work going on. I really hope to see more of Andrew as I have waited for years for them to introduce Kim and Shane's son as an adult and I really liked this actor playing him.

I felt like the story was going strong in this episode until about halfway through. Then it felt like, hey we need to wrap this up, and then we were getting all of the goodbye scenes at once. It also appeared everyone was using the Salem magic portal to go back and forth between Montreal, Venezuela, and Hong Kong. I really wish travel was so easy.

Speaking of travel, Marlena was the one character appearing both on regular Days this week and also on Beyond Salem. We know in episode 1 of Beyond Salem, John was talking to Marlena on the phone to give Sami and Lucas his best on their upcoming marriage, and on Monday's episode, Marlena told Sami that their wedding was last minute and that John had already planned to spend time with Paul for sometime now. Also, Marlena has been present for the fallout of the wedding for this week. So did the Pride party take place but after the kidnapping it was several days after before the rest Beyond Salem played out, so that Marlena and Kayla went to Hong Kong after the events in Salem?

Marlena was the one character appearing both on regular Days this week and also on Beyond Salem.
Steve & Kayla appeared today, with no mention of their misadventures in Hong Kong. I noticed this as well. I was expecting the Marlena in Hong Kong would be an impostor, but it's just the usual lazy writing.

Ron Carlivati said they had already written these "Days" episodes before they knew when BS2 would be airing, so they couldn't do anything about some overlap. So they looked at who wasn't going to be on "Days" this week and did their best. Just a little overlap of Marlena, Steve and Kayla.

Back