SPOILER !! Date announced for spoiler event

@redsquirrel, I know what you mean about the back and forth. I really don't like to think about what I am watching that late at night! Also, we know that everything has been drawn out and storyboarded and diagrammed to the end of the This Is Us series, so THEY know where they want to end up. The writers and execs at Days have not done that, I would be willing to bet. I think they just threw this idea out as a way to try to get back some of the epic fails they have had and really have no real idea of what is going to work. Maybe there is a reason this has "never been done before?"

If this jump ahead and flashbacks is going to be like This Is Us, that just may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for this person who has watched since day one of Days.

I know many of you love that show, but I couldn't stand it with the jumping back and forth. I ditched it from my list.

I had posted this tease of the third act of the Christmas Eve episode on a different board, so you can get the gist of how things will flow that day. Of course, all of the info will eventually be filled in but as of now it's replaced with TBA's and ?'s.

3-A (29, 31) TBA (?)
Intercut: 3-B (30) Newly Created Flashback (takes place one year ago): TBA (?, ?)
3-C (32-33) TBA (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
3-D (34, 37) TBA (?, ?)
Intercut: 3-E (35-36) Newly Created Flashback (takes place one year ago) TBA (?, ?, Xs)
3-F (38) TBA (?, ?, ? U/5)
3-G (39) TBA (?, ?, ?, ?)

Well, I love This Is Us, and the way the flashbacks are done, just are the characters remembering something in their young lives that affected them throughout to the present day. We all remember things from the past, they are no different.
As to Days, no idea what they will eventually do........but......evidently the show is taking a longer than usual break from filming. At the end of November they will shut down for around 3 months or so. I think they know they are just too far ahead (currently filming June 2020) & just have to trim it down. Being 8 mos ahead is not a good thing. And if they are 8 mos. ahead in filming, it means the writers are 10-11 mos. ahead in what they write. Heck, the actors don't even remember what they did by the time it airs.
Maybe, during the shutdown, the writers can think up new storylines, instead of recycling ones from the past. :)

Only three more weeks until the big event! STOP READING NOW if you don't want any spoilers!!

73148415_1556916754450593_5401961680223600640_o.jpg

The countdown is getting closer, with just 16 more episodes until (SPOILERS AHEAD) the history-making time jump on "Days of Our Lives" on Friday, November 8. Here's the first of several storyline teasers to speculate about: One character will be spending the one-year time jump in a coma. Who will miss out on at least 365 days of their life?

Jason DiSpeech, I think the powers that be are running scared because of the dissatisfaction many viewers have been posting about for quite a while. Over all, I give want we've seen the last year and currently seeing a D+ or C-.

Jason47, Thank you for all you do to keep us informed. A year in a coma for a character could explain how they do the time warp. (OH NO, now that song is my earworm for today.) Flashbacks would possibly be the others telling him/her what happened during that time.

I am guessing it might, and I do mean "might" be JJ.

That said.........here is the thing. Usually by Feb. comes the news if Days has had their renewal. At the end of November, Days is taking a few months off from filming, which will help with how far in advance they are. However, they also will not be filming when the "decision" would be forthcoming.
This is quite a long time for the show to not film........they have been off a couple weeks, but not for months at a time. So, am guessing that time is going to be spent "regrouping", no longer depending on using past storyline plots, "guest" characters from the past, etc.
The time jump, as noted above, begins Nov. 8, 2019, a Friday...I have yet to see absolute confirmation as to the length of time it lasts, tho. A year? 6 Mos? At some point the show has to get in sync with real time, even if they never mention the year on the show.

As to Days, no idea what they will eventually do........but......evidently the show is taking a longer than usual break from filming. At the end of November they will shut down for around 3 months or so. I think they know they are just too far ahead (currently filming June 2020) & just have to trim it down. Being 8 mos ahead is not a good thing. And if they are 8 mos. ahead in filming, it means the writers are 10-11 mos. ahead in what they write. Heck, the actors don't even remember what they did by the time it airs.

Maybe, during the shutdown, the writers can think up new storylines, instead of recycling ones from the past. :)

Thank you for clarifying the long hiatus. Will the actors take vacations or will they need to find new jobs? I’ve never understood why they film so far ahead. They used to use relevant storylines but now they don’t. Salem has become a sci-fi fairy tale.

Back