Days moving to Peacock Sept 12 pt 2

In Sept. 2023 the contract with Days ends. And yes, Corday could go with a different network if they came with an offer, and it would be back on regular TV.

And yes, NBC booted it to streaming, as they felt the rating did not warrant keeping them on network. Personally, I feel the ratings for Days were way better than what they will be getting with whatever is the replacement.

For Corday to echo the NBC comment of everyone streaming already was rather naive, as they are now faced with the multitude of viewers who have no idea how to get it, download it, watch it, etc. and they are not making it easy. I have had 4 phone calls from a friend who has been flummoxed by the whole thing. She claims she has the right brand of TV, but being it is from 2013, she cannot get Days or Peacock on it. So she has now spent 3 days trying to get this "easy" thing figured out, working.

Thanks, Poirot. Yes, this could blow up in Corday's face for sure. Days is losing viewers, many who have been watching from the start, and for a variety of reasons cannot stream. The choice to watch on the device we prefer has been pulled out from under us. We need to have more than one option with everything.

My friend called me 3 times today.....trying to get it situated. She paid the 1 yr. thing, but it is only appearing on her tablet. She wants it on her TV, and older one...and no luck, no advice, not even a "you can't get it with an older TV" So now, apparently, she can only watch on a "device", her tablet.
NBC really blew it with this whatever. Guess what, Corday, NBC.......no, not everyone is just watching TV via streaming. Shame on you!

I think Days is weighing the odds of how many older viewers they will lose versus how many younger viewers they might gain on the internet with being available whenever they want to watch and making it entertaining, as in racier and more skin, for the younger crowd.

I have a Vizio that is about that old. It is a "smart" tv and it came with a lot of apps, including Netflix and Hulu. However, I've not been able to add more. No Peacock, Disney+ and others. Not saying it can't be done, but I've done everything I know to add them. So for now, I watch some on my laptop. That's Peacock, not Peacock+ or whatever it's called.

I think most flatscreen TVs have a port that you can plug in a Chromecast, then you can pull up Peacock on your computer (desktop or laptop) and cast it to the TV (by clicking the 3 dots at the right hand side of Google Chrome and select "Cast". I just checked Amazon and they have Chromecast for $19.99.

When I was first trying to get Peacock, I sent them an email, to ask a question. I was surprised that they emailed me right back, and were very courteous. I could not find the email address tonight, but did find the customer service phone number. I hope this helps people with questions. (212) 664-7864:wink:

It is 6:13 am EST, just logged into Peacock, Days was front and center, today's episode right there. It will be 37:38 long. I am saving it for my lunch hour but just wanted to advise that it is up and available. Good luck to all who can view and hope that others can find a way to view if they cannot now. Always read recaps even if I do see the show, they are very much appreciated...thank you!

Wow wow wow you guys are up early. I slept until almost 8 am est, cookie wanted to cuddle in instead of watching Days. And here it is. I love when something works! Now i am going to try to get my printer going again. Love you all, and am glad some of us can have or Days ongoing. Have a good day everyone!!!!

The tweet from Mary Runde (in above post) says it all.

It should not have to be such a complicated/costly mess for anyone to watch any show. I am glad there is more media attention and outrage building. Before I felt like the information was limited, but now, it seems to be gaining traction.

Hoping for a miracle but not expecting one, at least not yet.

Back