Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 11, 2014

I like that Sami piled it all on top of Abby. It created drama and is totally in character. Plus, while I enjoyed their romps in the hay, Abby and EJ were morally wrong to do what they did and should pay. It is also in character for Abby and Jennifer to be all whiny and regretful at the moment. That said, I also liked that Jennifer stood up for her daughter, and would love to see more of that (no matter how nice it was seeing her day ruined even more). Plus, tough Abby is fun to watch and needs to come back and yell at Sami.

Exactly DrBakerFan! Its not like Sami and Elvis were written as this great couple who had all these obstacles in getting together:sarcasm: Instead they are a whitewashed, sugar coated golden piece of dodo and boy did they live up to the gold standard lol especially with Elvis going in his trousers! Like the good ol chap that he is:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

They really need to do something to free Hope. She is still a married woman so she can't do anything with Aiden. I would think she could divorce Bo on desertion charges. It's ridiculous that they have let it go on this long. The Abby Sami stuff was good. Finally. I wonder how Ben is going to react finding out that Abby slept with EJ?

Helpless Romantic I love that quote from Rafe that you have listed.

"I feel like I've earned the right not to have to compete for your love especially with EJ"

I miss the days when the writers came out with beautifully written words.

Absolutely loved Sami's Smackdown of Abby today. She said everything I had hoped to hear. Sami's past history has no bearing on Abby's behavior. Abby had sex with EJ when she thought he was engaged and knew he was living with Sami, so that was Abby's bad choice. She would still be sneaking around and having sex with him if he hadn't said "no". So now Abby's going to pay just like EJ will. Sami was filled with righteous anger and it was very entertaining for me. Best episode of 2014 in my opinion.

edited to write out phrase....JS

I doubt that Abby will stand up.. she was very wrong in what she did and she did it time and time again, not just once... and unfortunately I really think that Abby loves EJ.. that is why she does not protest too much.. deep down she is not sorry for "being with him" She has the same sickness that Sami used to have .. "I love EJ warts and all, even when he makes me so mad!!"

Rafe divorced Sami. What else could he do to make her pay? Sami's sad wistful expression when she was talking about what a great man Rafe is, and how wonderful he was to her children indicates Sami knows she lost something special.

I believe most of Sami's venom will be targeted at EJ. However, Abby claimed she was an adult who knew what she was doing so she better be prepared to face Sami's wrath. It's not like Sami has a reputation in Salem for being nice.

I'm not sure Sami is quite over her sickness and the point is that Sami needs to get over herself. Yes Rafe divorced her, but she didn't suffer because the slithering Elvis was more than happy to sweep in and be her "stand in". Point is Sami needed to be man less but because the PTB turned her into this fickle twit that did not happen. So there is no sympathy from me. She has stomped on all her men one too many times and deserves all she got and much more. If she never cheated on any of her men that used to be her endearing quality, I could understand this "outrage " more. Through the years she has proven that Elvis is her last choice when her preferred choices are MIA or she is angry at them. So I could careless that they now have her spouting that she loves him and wanted to "honour him". When the majority of their twisted relationship was forced and an obsession driven by EJ because she was the "toy" he could not attain. Now that he has she is no longer exciting, so enter Abby. Elvis always viewed her as an object that he must get, remember him telling Rafe"Hand Samanther over to me or else"... Not to mention the whitewashing of their history so they "fit" but even with that they do not work and only destroy each other because their relationship has always been based on lies manipulation and threats. Also Abby and Sami were never close until it was convenient for the plot and how about Sami act like the adult she is supposed to be? She would also be wise to remember all the stuff she has pulled in getting a man with no regard to her own flesh and blood.

Abby had sex with EJ when she thought he was engaged and knew he was living with Sami, so that was Abby's bad choice.

EJ had sex with Abby when he was engaged and living with Sami, so that was EJ's bad choice.!!!!

I really get surprised that all this hate and blame is placed on Abby when it was EJ as much, if not more, at fault. EJ is the one who followed Abby, who knew no one was on the island, who did not even have to enter the cottage. He did. He stayed. I don't pin any roses on Abby here, but there ARE couples who end relationships because of attractions to someone else. That could easily have happened.
I do not condone what happened between them at all. But I am reading a great deal more vitriolic comments about Abby than I have about EJ.
And it was EJ who followed Abby into the supply closet. And it was Abby who sought EJ out at work, and learning where he was, followed him to the locker room. It was EJ who got jealous over Ben.

I laughed when Marlena said flop sweat.

I was hoping we would see more things with the gala besides Aiden and Hope.
I enjoyed their dance. Ciara was cute today.

Interesting to see Jen throw Sami out of the house since she
did it yesterday with Eve.

I wonder if we'll learn more details when and how Sami
knew about Abby and EJ. Shocked to hear Sami tell Jen she
has a video.

Interesting talk JJ and Eve had about music and Paige.

I wonder what Will will do when he finds out Sonny helped
him with getting the interview. Sonny knows you can't keep
secrets in Salem.

But I am reading a great deal more vitriolic comments about Abby than I have about EJ.
I have read those, too, Poirot, here and elsewhere. Perhaps that's why I'm being a little more aggressive in my defence of Abby.

Sami certainly has a right to be mad at Abby, to confront her, and even to yell at her. I just felt she was over the top. I'm hoping that in a few days she'll admit she is really mad at herself for taking EJ back. Then I could forgive these scenes. But since I never bought Elvis/Samanther as a couple, it was hard for me to believe/feel sorry for Sami today as she rattled on about their "family."

She would still be sneaking around and having sex with him if he hadn't said "no".
I don't remember him ever saying no - I'm pretty sure she ended it but I'll check my library.

EJ ended it. Abby begged to be his mistress, and EJ turned her down. However, EJ never should have started it in the first place. Sami has every right to be furious, and I hope she completely destroys EJ. The only person responsible for EJ's cheating is EJ. Abby is responsible for her behavior though. Abby was babysitting Sami's children back in 2012. Sami is the one who called Jennifer to come be at the hospital with Abby when Chad was shot. I don't understand why Sami, Nicole, or anyone else gets blamed for EJ's abusive behavior. It was foolish of Sami and Nicole to get involved with EJ again after the first time he ruined their lives, but that doesn't mean they deserved the way EJ treated them.

While I cant speak for anyone else, I will just say that of course she doesn't deserve the abuse EJ has dished out my point again is that she knew EXACTLY who EJ was but chose to be with him blindly that is why she deserves what she got in my opinion and while she has every right to be mad at Abby she should be sympathetic to her in knowing how Elvis works. She hasn't made the best decisions that she has regretted thanks again to his threats lies and manipulation in his chase of her. She was too vicious and very judgmental for someone who chose her abuser over men who truly love her. She is outraged that he cheated of all things after worse crimes committed? Just makes no sense but this pair never did to begin with.

edited to write out phrase....JS

SnowFox said:
It was foolish of Sami and Nicole to get involved with EJ again after the first time he ruined their lives, but that doesn't mean they deserved the way EJ treated them.
I'm not saying Sami deserved the way EJ treated her, but the twit sure asked for it, over and over again.

HelplessRomantic said:
...[Sami] should be sympathetic to [Abigail] in knowing how Elvis works.
Sami is in no mood to feel any sympathy for Abigail. All she can she is that "her" man did her wrong and I think her pride is wounded more than anything else. The twit overlooked/forgave EJ for many things but this is obviously where she draws the line.

Back