Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 11, 2014

Don't much care about the JJ/Eve/Paige story, but I did think it was funny how JJ was calling Theresa a witch and Eve agreed. LOL.

JJ didn't call her a "witch." The first letter was a "b" ... but I'm sure you knew that. :)

Actually, I do like this story. I think Paige and JJ are very cute together and I am soooooooooo glad that JJ has redeemed himself because I really like this actor and want to see Jack's son succeed. At this point in time, amazingly enough, Paige and JJ have no secrets (once he explains about Jeannie Theresa) so the possibilities are exciting. Of course this is a soap so there have to be bumps in the road, but if (and that's a big if) Days has years in its future, I will be rooting for this couple big time.

edited to add: except that I hope Paige drops that pouty face she's been wearing so much lately. Not attractive and gets on my nerves after a while.

OK, just saw the whole thing online, and will comment on the rest of the show.
Nice to see the JJ and Eve scenes. Now Eve knows Theresa is still a liar, I hope she confronts her.
The gala was a letdown. While Marlena told some good jokes and Hope and Aiden are just oozing with chemistry, there was almost nobody we could see and the set was a disappointment. On the plus side, I enjoyed Ciara and Chase getting along and taking pics of their parents dancing-so cute. I also liked Paige telling off Marybeth.

The Will and Sonny stuff was boring filler. But, due to Sami, Hope and Aiden, a good episode.

Just one question though: what was the point of Patti Stanger? I don't like her (she annoys me and made some prejudiced comments about gay men) or reality TV in general, and I am just wondering why she was on stealing airtime from the vets when she never even showed up at the gala.

I'm perplexed about Patti Stanger's appearance, too. This didn't even make sense as an NBC/Universal cameo. I hope we don't see more of her.

I have the sinking feeling that this Will/Sonny "filler" scene is going to be trouble down the road - Will will find out Sonny got him the job, be angry, blah blah. I'm sleeping already. I'd rather see them on an adventure, or solving a mystery, or something, than fighting over a job.

JDS - that whole Patti Stanger thing is a mystery. It's almost as if they had originally contracted for another appearance, didn't want to pay for it, negotiated a nominal amount for this lame cameo and let it go. Most of us didn't even remember her previous appearance any more and the whole thing was just too contrived.

As for Sonny and Will, I just hate this stupid and totally out of character plot point where Sonny went to his grandfather to help Will get a job (and seems clueless as to how offensive to Will that would be). Give me a break! We all know Sonny has more faith in Will than that. And of course when Will finds out it will create a huge problem between them.

I get that every couple on a soap opera requires angst and conflict but do these writers not have an ounce of creativity between them that they have to keep recycling the same boring and predictable plots over and over and over again? Surely they could come up with something even a bit more original and interesting to come between this great couple. I'd bet the crowd here could have come up with dozens of better ideas in a heartbeat.

Soapnut I agree and couldn't have said it better. Sonny could have asked Will, "Hey should I ask uncle Vic if he has anything for you?" etc. I mean, Will finished what I'm presuming is a 4-year degree in 3 years, undeterred by coming out, being accused of murder, being blackmailed, getting shot, having a baby, getting married, and of course the major disadvantage of being Sami's kid. That's gotta look damn good on a résumé; he should have companies crawling all over him as a publicist, tech writer, short story writer, etc.

:rotfl:
I am also not a fan of this contrived drama for Will and Sonny. It would be better if Will was concerned about how long Sonny was at work, or if Sonny became a bit more "bad" like the Kiriakis family used to be, and Will had to deal with the mafia lifestyle in a similar (but not anywhere near as bad) way Sami has had to put up with EJ all these years. Maybe Sonny does something corrupt, threatens someone, and Will finds out and gets upset. Heck, they could even have Will get mad at Sonny still for keeping the secret of Gabi being behind Andrew.

Poirot mentioned in the summary that, at Sonny's request, "Uncle Vic" has helped secure a job for Will. It may cause some problems if his new employer gives Will an investigative reporting assignment/article on EJ Dimera.

I think one of the differences between Brady and Sami, and their stupidity in getting involved with Kristen and EJ, is Brady has turned to drugs and alcohol, and blamed Eric, while Sami is targeting the people who wronged her. And Sami's acknowledgment, "Why would I want to do that?" of what a lame pathetic toxic worthless relationship she has with EJ, is just icing on the cake.

O.K. I have come to the conclusion that Patti Stanger's appearance was really a commercial. You know, like Midol, or Cheerios. We have seen them before. It had all the earmarks of just that. :rolleyes:

Yes, but an ad for what? LOL - she didn't mention her show, nobody did - it was just odd. It would have made more sense as a commercial if she had said, "I strained my voice telling a Size 2 woman to lose weight to find a man, you know, like I do on my show, The Millionaire Matchmaker," or something to that effect. I guess the writers are assuming we'll all flock to her show because of a 32-second appearance? LOL - I guess stranger things have happened in Salem!!

Poirot mentioned in the summary that, at Sonny's request, "Uncle Vic" has helped secure a job for Will. It may cause some problems if his new employer gives Will an investigative reporting assignment/article on EJ Dimera.

I would like that. But these writers have proven they know nothing about reporting/investigative journalism, and I doubt this is where they are going.

Back