Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 10, 2014

I don't usually watch the show until the day after it airs. YouTube and the CC there don't work well for me, but I just had to see the show today. Here's what I thought was kind of funny (to take a break from the excellent drama):

Clyde pulled what looked like pine tree branches out of a (probably) flowering shrub.

Sami hears a gunshot, yet still wanders around in the woods...er...park.

And....no one can ask directly for a date. It has to be "I'll see you around tonight", Will you have dinner with me sometime?", so noncommittal.

Just my take, great show!

I found it very fitting that Rafe was there to comfort Sami, after everything junior did to them, Rafe saw junior's demise. Rafe/Sami had more chemistry today than junior/Sami had in 8 years, it's so natural for Rafe/Sami to sit and talk, they always knew what each other needed!

I'm probably the only one but I thought James Scott (junior) and Ali Sweeney (Sami) acting was way over the top and pathetic! I remember Lexie's death that was heart-wrenching and so many others, but not junior's! When Sami was with junior in the morgue all I could think of is "finally junior is gone"!

You're not the only one Lovin! And I completely agree about Rafe and Sami. These were the best and most realistic scenes we've seen between these 2 in over a year. I'm shocked that Melissa Salmons actually wrote for Rafe and Sami and did it justice. If you look at her twitter account, you can see where her loyalties are.

I agree about the acting too. I just posted this in the speculation thread but I do find it hard to believe this was faked. However, Roman and Rafe were also way too calm. So I think EJ, Miguel, Roman and Rafe may be in on something as a way to lure Stefano back to Salem and in the interim, EJ is off to witness protection. I do not think Sami is in on it yet--otherwise why was half the show Sami and EJ alone? Now I hope EJ is actually dead but with TIIC that is not likely.
I thought the juxtaposing was very strange and the shot of the spilled juice was way too long. I actually thought it was an ad for Bounty or something! :rotfl:

Interesting how every person on today was somehow tied to EJ. The only people missing were Nicole and Kristen.

I'm not convinced he's dead. Clyde didn't give the order to shoot and was surprised Miguel did it. I know this isn't a speculation thread, but....I think Miguel told EJ about Clyde attempting to double cross him and EJ saw an opportunity to escape his legal troubles and his father's threat. I think he planned this with Miguel without Sami's knowledge. And I think the only reason he didn't tell Sami is because he needed her reaction to his death to be authentic for everyone to believe it. I don't think we've seen the last of him unfortunately.

ETA: There were two clues before today that lead me to believe he's not dead: the mention of the aliases he still had that were good and him telling Sami earlier this week that whatever they do, they will do together. He's going to pull a Stefano!

I think this is a very good theory, but the general rule of thumb involving soap deaths is if you don't see a body they most likely will come back, if you do see a body they're really dead. Now I'm sure there have been exceptions to this rule over the years and that may happen this time. If they go that route cryin4days has probably hit the nail on the head as to how they will do it. But since we did see a body I have a feeling this will death will stick but who knows?

I also liked how they juxtaposed the scenes of the party with the kids with the scenes in the woods. I really liked how they did the close-up of Will wiping up the spilled punch with the paper towel then transitioned to the shot of Sami trying to stop the bleeding with her blouse, that was a really nice touch.

I think this is a very good theory, but the general rule of thumb involving soap deaths is if you don't see a body they most likely will come back, if you do see a body they're really dead. Now I'm sure there have been exceptions to this rule over the years and that may happen this time. If they go that route cryin4days has probably hit the nail on the head as to how they will do it. But since we did see a body I have a feeling this will death will stick but who knows?

I'm going to address this in the speculation thread because I'm going to mention a spoiler to try to refute this lol.

I was absolutely expecting EJ's eyes to open at the end with Sami on his chest. If he is dead for real I am shocked. Kind of like when Will Gardner died on the Good Wife. I just didn't think he was gonna be killed. I thought he and Sami were going to go off together all happy. I saw it coming a mile away when I think it was Sonny cleaning up the spilled red drink and then the scene cut to Sami soaking up EJ's blood. Kind of funny. It was dumb that Roman didn't tell Will. His "everything is fine" wasn't very convincing.

If EJ is really dead, what an ignominious end: shot down by a turncoat thug after throwing one punch. That said, both Galen Gering (Rafe) and Josh Taylor (Roman) deserve kudos for the way they consoled Sami over the death of a man they both despised. As for creepy Clyde, he should have more than one drink at Club TBD. If Stefano's guys get hold of Miguel and put the squeeze on him, he'll talk in a Salem minute and then the Poplar Bluff drug dealer will be in a world of hurt.

The reason why Joe Mascolo is held in such high esteem....

"My son"!!!

1039991_10152823020304309_7126366572393691560_o.jpg

Back