Days of Our Lives - Friday, Nov. 15, 2013

At least Eric admitted he was wrong and apologized. Most of the characters on this show can't be bothered to do that.

I think Sami not tell Eric about EJ was a good thing. She actually stopped herself from blurting it out. Sami needs to be there as support for Eric. Eric doesn't need to be hearing about any problems Sami is having with EJ.

EJ has always been obsessed with Sami, and people (Lucas, Roman, Bo, Hope, Marlena) have been saying that since 2006 and 2007. For all of EJ's complaining about Sami being impulsive and getting herself into jams, I think he actually likes it that Sami's life is often in crisis because it gives him a degree of power and control over her that he wouldn't have otherwise.

I laughed when Maggie told Daniel she knew everything Victor had done in the past, and she didn't think he had changed, but at his age she was thinking, "What else could he possible do?"

Brady was having a hard time containing his rage. I wonder what direction the character will go in now. I hope he stays single for a while.

Thanks for the summary.

So many different interactions again. I'm loving it! :clap:

Oh Maggie. I know Daniel is your son but he's also Victor's godson who he will do anything for to protect & you know that too. Don't put him in the middle of your & Victor's issues. Your issues really as Victor doesn't seem to have an issue with what he did.

I love Greg Vaughan (Eric) but have to keep reminding myself it's Eric & adjust to this new dynamic he & Nicole have. I keep thinking of how the only main issue Eric & Nicole ever had in the past was with lack of trust in Nicole when given the chance to be truthful. I guess that still shows & even if not meant to, it touches on their past & I'm all for that.

EJ & Sami are again in a tough spot. :cry: Both having issues with being loyal to siblings at the cost of their relationship. I hope & believe they'll weather thru this storm. It's only lies & no Salemite is above lying.

Maggie's comment about nothing bad left for Victor to do made me laugh too. Reminded me of when my husband once asked a guy we know if he was staying out of trouble. The man said it gets easier all the time. Getting older takes the mischief out of most people but not Victor, it seems.

@Sirramix....Depends on the lie. "No, I didn't shoot John, and then steal his kidney to give to my father"....EJ to Sami. Just a lie, right? No harm done.
"Why of course I did not laugh and joke about fake Rafe in your bed"
That's not much of a lie either, right?

I always say, if everyone jumps off the bridge, or in front of a speeding train.....does that mean it is o.k. for you to do it, too?

Right now, I see Daniel going to great lengths to avoid telling a lie, even tho it means others jump to conclusions and think badly of him.

All true in real life. To me it's a show so the lies that everyone does whether by omission or told outright makes for juicy drama & is a foundation for soaps. No one in Salem has been exempt from lying. Usually with big consequences no matter if the last name is Dimera, Horton, Brady or even Marshall (had to throw in Alex Marshall. lol. I miss that deviously funny character) :)

No, not just in real life. On the soap as well. EJ's lies are outright, damaging lies. So were Kristen's.And Sami just discovered an important, very important fact that EJ withheld from her. He protected his sister, and she is not one by blood. And if he had told Sami, she might have been able to help her TWIN brother. It truly is a mess now.

That was my opinion. One is not right or wrong or the end all truth. Tom Horton, Laura Horton, Victor Kiriakis, Caroline Brady, Stefano Dimera, EJ Dimera, Sami Brady & the list goes on & on of lies on the show with substantial consequences.

We simply disagree. I'm fine with that & won't say a differing opinion is wrong & mine is the only right one. To me it's a show with characters. It's not worth the energy to argue over. :)

Of course you are entititled to your opinion. We all are. However, THIS thread is about the episode of Friday, Nov. 15, 2013.

The actress that plays Nicole (Ari Zucker, I think) is always good, but my goodness! She and the actor that plays Eric (Greg... Vaughn?) were spectacular today! You know, someone mentioned before that EJ's actor (James Scott) seems like he's laughing when he's crying. I see that in Maggie's actress, too. To me, I think the ability to make real tears perhaps gives it that extra "wow" factor, and these two actors can definitely do that. Those large yet reserved teardrops that fell down Eric's face - for me - told part of the story that words couldn't. I really enjoyed their performances today, and I hope that we see more of that! I don't want this conflict to last forever, but this story is definitely one that I look forward to seeing how the resolution plays out. Great job!

In a way, EJ was right - had he told Sami what he learned, she would have done something really stupid. Kind of like with Victor - had he told Brady or confronted Kristen, he wouldn't have accomplished his goal. Not justifying EJ, but I can see, from his perspective, maybe he's just riding this out with vague answers until he sees how Kristen comes out of this. He was angry when he overheard Kristen talking to the scientist man... not necessarily at what she had done, but how the fact that he now knows will affect Samanther. I don't understand why he's not telling her exactly how it went down - he's allowed her to come to her own conclusions and believe not exactly the truth. Maybe he is waiting to see what Kristen's public story is going to be. i don't know, but I think that's why he muttered something about "surely Sami won't leave", etc. I wonder if he's thinking... I KNEW I shouldn't have told her I wouldn't tell! I will not love my Samanther over THAT. He's trying to convince himself! And Sami... I think she's protecting a little bit of everybody. Yes, I think she's protecting EJ for some reason that she probably isn't sure of herself, and I think she is protecting herself by not wanting to hear Eric go off on her/him, but I also think she's protecting Eric. She knows this isn't the right time for any of that, and that Eric has too much on his plate and she doesn't need to add anymore. Although now, I wonder if the circle will continue and Eric or somebody will be angry at her for not telling that SHE knows what she knows. I don't know...

I liked today's episode. Overall, it was pretty good! Especially with Eric and Nicole. Wow!

I think Sami not tell Eric about EJ was a good thing. She actually stopped herself from blurting it out. Sami needs to be there as support for Eric. Eric doesn't need to be hearing about any problems Sami is having with EJ.

But how is Eric going to feel when the truth comes out and it will. No matter what the reason it is still a lie, the one person he wanted to be with and to find comfort in, and she lied to him. Will Eric ever be able to trust Sami again, and is it worth throwing your family under the bus for a DiMera? I think Sami will regret this decision!

I think she will regret that decision as well. At some point she has to stop being in denial that EJ has changed and accept the she just cannot trust this man and his family because her family always suffers from her choice to be with him. She should have told Eric and allow him to feel what he is going to feel about. Her family is entitled to their feelings concerning the Dimera's since they have set out to constantly destroy her family. EJ has not changed one bit, he only hid that part of himself long enough to get Sami back and she fell for it. Protecting Kristen and telling her that Eric had consensual sex with Kristen and talking to her like garbage should be a deep wake call that she not only need to kick him out of her bed but completely out of her life as well because EJ has absolutely no respect for her whatsoever and wants to control and domination over her. EJ wants Sami completely submissive to him and he uses sex to keep her in line.

Back