Days of Our Lives - Wed. Dec. 11, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that she's a mother and a grandmother is sort of a moot point. She's only 30-something afterall. If it was Lucas or Rafe she was making that sarcastic remark to it wouldn't sting at all because those relationships weren't superficial or violatile, as is this one.

Poirot, as i was reading through the comments, I was going to mention the movie, The War of the Roses, and then I saw your post about it. That's exactly what comes to my mind when I see or hear about EJ and Sami together. Only difference, I don't know if anybody called the relationship between the characters played by Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner "love."

War of the Roses was a pretty good study of a marriage that went badly because when the woman grew into an independent person, the husband did not believe in her. But I do not see the relationship here since both Sami and EJ are equals in each others sight. They each recognize the flaws in the other; now will they learn to live within the boundaries of those flaws? That means will they accept what the other does no matter how it is against the interest of their family? I like that once again the story is going sort of Romeo and Juliet on us, with the family interests coming to the front. EJ mentioning Roman "whispering in your ear", and Sami wishing death on Kristen.. this is the basis of the conflict with these two, the family dynamic. All the comments about Rape, Fake Rafe, shots to the head all of that backstory is making sense in the context of the family dynamic.
And for those of you who are thinking this..yes Romeo and Juliet came to a bad end. But it also could end with Sami and EJ both kicking their famillies to the curb, and going on as the outcasts of Salem ala Rhett and Scarlett. Whatever happens, I am here for the story.
Calling for romance and sweetness and la la la may sound like it is all that is needed for a good marriage, but go back and watch the War of the Roses movie, it started out with a wonderful romance between the two of them. So what was missing?

First : Wow ! Sami and EJ : what a load of cr.. this all is ! Seriously ? All this yelling, kissing, yelling again at the top of their lungs. I mean, it was a disgrace. I swear, I thought for a while they were both going to explode or pop a vain... In fact, I was hoping both of them would fall to the ground, having had a fatal brain aneurysm (I know, that sounds mean, in real life, I would never wish that on anyone). Still, EJ being all red, Sami and her darn crocodile tears, right after she acted like a... a... well someone who gets paid to have sex. Like I'm supposed to buy she loves EJ soooooo much. :sick: Oh, there goes the gag reflex again. I better... :sick: stop now.

I went back to my post to add this : I can't believe Sami and EJ did all that screaming while the kids were in the house ! How big is that house ? Not big enough for sure. I'm sure the poor kids are hiding in a closet somewhere, covering their poor ears. Sami and EJ : great parents. Yeah, right ! :rolleyes:

OMGERD! That's exactly what I was thinking! These children that they profess to love so much are in constant earshot of such insane bickering and repulsive sex acts. Good grief! :eek:

While I believe the Sami/EJ relationship is toxic, it is obvious from the fight's end that the writers intend to keep these two together, no matter what. Sami is not strong enough to walk out, and EJ is too weak to end the relationship. Neither one would even do so "for the good of the children", being both are very selfish people. It won't be long before they both get to doing the horizontal mambo again, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Those two are boring, nothing new, nothing romantic, nothing "hot" about them.
Actually, Sami doesn't care at all what EJ does to her, I am surprised she cares that he knew what Kristen did to her brother. Kristen did damage to her mother, her step father who raised her, to her step brother. She never mentions them.

And just an aside.....but Rhett left Scarlett, told her he did not give a damn and walked out. The couple ended up DEAD in War of the Roses, (and it happens in real life as well). So did Romeo & Juliet. Abusive relationships are just that, and usually don't end well. However, on Days, the writers love abusive relationships, so, they will continue.

And all were stories that kept you interested. That is what I mean. War of the Roses started with incredible romance, which should show that light and sweetness does not always have lasting substance.. and I always remember Scarlett after Rhett walked out saying " I won't think about this now, I will think about this tomorrow, tomorrow is another day". Romeo and Juliet were lovers that should have been allowed to be, but it was family that was their undoing.

I did not really like the book written to continue "Gone With the Wind" the Margaret Mitchell book, but I never in my heart believed that Rhett and Scarlett did not find their way back to each other no matter what the ending was. After all, tomorrow is another day. That I guess, is what kept fans who always saw something extraordinary in EJ and Sami hanging on. I also agree, there will still be road bumps, but I do not see this couple being separated for long on this show again.

This is not real life its a soap if I wanted to watch couples like Sami and Rafe I go and watch the Waltons, I am sorry but they bored the crap out of me when they were together the show is so much better than last year EJ and Sami are just magic together those scenes on Wednesday were best ever so powerful. Sami has hurt EJ she no saint she hid his daughter and gave it to that loser Rafe can't stand that guy he was always so jealous of EJ because he never be the man EJ is so happy Sami finally saw EJ was the better man in the end.

Wait for me JS.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's amazing how some fans of Sami/EJ are quick to accuse Rafe of wanting EJ's kids, of trying to "steal" them, but will not admit to themselves that that it was because of SAMI that Rafe was a parental figure to those kids to begin with. Rafe didn't go in search of EJ Dimera offspring.

Rafe created fake adoption papers so he could steal EJ's child that why it makes laugh I hear what a good honest guy Rafe is, he is bent as they Sami never made him do that ok she went along with it but he put the idea in her head. He started all this crap with EJ went he try to steal Grace from him that is why I never cared what EJ did to him to return its called what goes around comes around.

Rafe asked Sami how she was just going to show up in Salem with a baby. SAMI said she was going to tell her family she ADOPTED. Rafe got the papers for her. The fake adoption was Sami's idea. Sami asked Rafe to be the baby's godfather and named her after Rafe.

I will not be drawn into a debate. I will accept the fact that apparently we watched two versions of DAYS.

Thanks cryin' and with that, this thread is about Wednesday's episode, not about Sami and Rafe raising baby Grace.

Let's get it back on track.

Of course not because who else on canvas would have either of them.
Aaah, but my question would be who else on canvas would be of this much interest? Love them or hate them, you still keep talking about them.

Unless the picture or video was sent in a message, I don't think they could be retrieved through the service provider. If the phone wasn't smashed well enough, though, it could be hooked up to a computer and gotten that way. He should have dropped that phone in her massive wine glass.

With 'the Cloud' almost anything recorded can come back to haunt a person. Kind of scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back