Departing...arriving part 13

I was thinking Alex Kiriakis as well, but I forgot about the connection between Adrienne and Steve. Alex and Stephanie are not blood related, so maybe.

The other option is Chad, for them to fall in love and get serious just in time for Abby to show up alive.

Stephanie can't pair up with Eric; they are first cousins. Stephanie's mother is Kayla. Eric's father is Roman, who is Kayla's full biological brother.

She could pair up with Alex Kiriakis since there is no blood relation. Alex's bio parents are Justin and Anjelica Deveraux. While Adrienne raised Alex, she was his stepmother.

bradykids92cal.gif

Here's a behind the scenes picture of the Brady grandkids. Clockwise: Eric, Andrew, Shawn-Douglas, Max, Sami, and the twins who played Stephanie (with Sami) and Jeannie T (held by Eric and Max).

It's probably hard to tell which ones are Eric and Sami because Eric doesn't have his sourpuss scowl and Sami isn't flapping her mouth.

With the arrival of Jada Hunter, here's a picture of her dad, Marcus Hunter, with baby Stephanie:

gunnarson25thanniv4.gif

I know Alex and Stephanie aren't biologically related, but they were raised as cousins, at least as much as anyone in Salem is ever raised.

And it would be extra gross since one of her three major romances was with her uncle. Maybe Philip could return and they could figure something out?

Not only did Stephanie have a relationship with her legal uncle (Max), but then he went on to have another relationship with a different legal niece (Chelsea). Last we heard, they were still together, living in Europe.

Well, while I agree it's ok to not pair a character with anyone, reality is, that it's a soap opera, not a sitcom. So almost every character will be paired at some point to create drama. Even the heart shaped pillow was paired with Nick for a stint. It's the way of the soap world.

The tendency to pair characters up immediately, is what I meant. Heck, viewers speculate even before a new character appears. One has no idea of the personality, the storyline, etc, and yet are wanting the new character with this one or that one. The show does no favors to the audience by bringing a new character on, and within 2 minutes they are "lighting up" with the appearance of someone else. And usually rolling around in bed with them as well.

There's a reason we nicknamed her Li'l Toddler Mel here. She and her Auntie Sarah would've been a great pair when Sarah thought she was a little girl. :rolleyes:
I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference between Sarah the little girl and Sarah the adult so maybe they could still have Melanie and Sarah get together and talk baby talk. It would be so sweet. :sarcasm:

In the last few weeks we have had a large turnover on the show: Tripp, Abby, Ben, Ciara, Eli, and Lani have left the show, while we have heard Stephanie, Joey, Alex, and the new girl Jada are coming on the show, with possibly Li's sister Wendy Shin from Beyond Salem 2 coming as well. There's also a rumor that Jake is going to die. It's a big turnaround with so many changes and usually only happens when there is a change in regime higher up. However, we have not heard anything about Ron being replaced as headwriter (a lot of us would be rejoicing if that were true), but it does make me wonder what is going on over there at Days?

I think it's just a result of the filming delay. On a normal soap, actors come and go more quickly because they can redirect or drop an unpopular character. So they show them out when they're at the close of a cycle (most contracts are divided into cycles, so Poirot doesn't yell at me *wink*).

I think we've just reached a point where everyone was due for renewal, and a lot of them either chose not to renew (Abby, Eli and Lani for sure) or the headwriter was bored with them (my guess for Tripp) or unable to write for one half a couple (Ben) because everyone's contracts were ended a few years back, so they're all due around the same time.

I'm not an insider but that's my informed guess, because as you say Jen, there's no indication of any behind the scenes shakeups - not even daily writers or directors.

Back