Departing.... arriving Part 6

Hmm, maybe it wasn't Ava Vitalli that was killed in the hospital by the pillow Joey smashed on her face. Maybe it was Taylor Walker (her lookalike), Nicole's younger sister.
If Ava is really alive, Justin might want to hustle over to the Salem courthouse and petition for the release of Little Joey from prison. If he does this, hopefully he'll do a better job than he did representing Nicole in the Baby Horton case.

Justin did get that settlement for Bonnie but I don't think it went to court, and besides, he may have already botched that up.

Ava's return is nearly the last straw for me. If there's anybody I dislike more than Sami, Eve, and Kristen, it is Ava, and yet these are the women who get all the attention and air time and keep coming back? :angry:

Justin is a terrible lawyer, but he was working under several disadvantages in the Baby Horton case.
  • Sami had no plan and made things up as she went along. Ordinarily, this could be fatal, but Judge Rose Duncan kept letting her bring in new evidence after the case seemed closed. For example, she could have refused to let Jan Spears testify on the basis that she was produced too late.
  • His client, Nicole, has a decidedly messy past and is a sitting duck if anyone wants to question her character.
  • It's agreed that Sami is an awful mother, but demonstrating it convincingly in court could prove difficult. The person who knew best how bad Sami was, Caroline, is deceased. Others with first-hand knowledge like Will, Roman, Marlena, Lucas, and Rafe might not want to get involved in the Baby Horton mess. Kate would likely be willing to appear, but Sami could easily cast her testimony in doubt by establishing her own miserable record as a mother.
That said, Justin blew opportunities to possibly blow big holes in Sami's case.
  • He could have aggressively cross-examined Sami about her her Pub-centric child rearing practices and her many truly-awful past misdeeds as a way to elicit evidence that would make Judge Duncan gag. With any luck, such questioning could cause a classic Sami meltdown that would also shock the judge.
  • He also could have cross-examined Jan Spears, stressing the fact that her status as a just-released mental patient with a big grudge makes any testimony she provides totally unreliable.

Freddie Smith's (Sonny) nose must be growing (he just recently said they haven't done any new scenes and weren't asked to return). Granted, they're probably told not to say anything, but to flat out lie is wrong.

Kat is correct. Corday's interview ...well, he tries to explain how it seems many leaving at once, but the shut downs changed things. He said that Greg Vaughan's (Eric) departure was known (back in Nov.) and they could not do anything about that. He said the show had not been picked up, so they felt it not fair if the actors were not free to do something else if they chose. Then they were picked up on contract.

Kristian Alfonso (Hope) decided to leave, they asked her to take 4 mos. off, & then have great story, but she decided to leave. He says something vague about Rafe & Gabi leaving but are returning, and then that Victoria Konefal (Ciara), Chandler Massey (Will) & Freddie Smith (Sonny) will go, & come, go and come.

There is also interview with Ron Carlivati, head writer, who mentions Sami returning for a longer time, Ava returning (not so evil). He also mentions how the cancellation of Olympics meant the holiday stories were gonna all be earlier, so they decided to insert a small story that fit with whatever was going on (in October) so the Thanksgiving and Christmas time will be back in place for those days.

He also mentions how the cancellation of Olympics meant the holiday stories were gonna all be earlier, so they decided to insert a small story that fit with whatever was going on (in October) so the Thanksgiving and Christmas time will be back in place for those days.
You know what I think of that???

Capture.JPG

since I can't see the salt truck emoji.

Sonny and Will were in the fall preview, but Freddie Smith (Sonny) and Chandler Massey (Will) were on a podcast interview recently saying they were done, hadn't taped any new scenes that hadn't yet aired and hadn't been asked to come back. They need some burn ointment for their pants being on fire.

"Ava returning (not so evil)" I think already suggests that she is alive and not a ghost or a dream. Hmmm. I also agree that the Last Blast reunion should be shown and Chad/Abby in Paris

I think Ron saying to everyone, everything in the digital series is part of the show, are spoilers that those are likely going to be integrated into new storylines. We already saw that with Jan. Now I wonder if Austin is next down the line somehow?

The digital storylines aren't spoilers. They were shown and are canon to the actual Days' storyline. When Chad and Abby returned to Salem after Paris, some elements of the digital series were mentioned. Li Shin also started in that digital series and eventually came to Salem.

The Last Blast reunion digital series managed to round up most of the original actors to reprise their roles. They've now mentioned the events of what happened during that digital series on the actual show, so they're all caught up, so to speak.

Sometimes I wonder if they aren't scooping up film off the cutting room floor and piecing it together to drag this out to make up for the shutdowns (the planned and then the unplanned) as well as the canceled Olympics. Actors could have filmed almost anything and been done, but additional episodes could air with them.

Back