Donating to the cause...

Barb,

Don't stress out about it.....we all have waited this long and we'll wait til you get it fixed. We're not going anywhere. This site is the BEST! Thanks for all you do and for DJM and KathyLu who help you out too!

What is a few more days. If we have to wait until Christmas or New Years sobeit. It is not worth having a nervous breakdown. Besides, what's it going to matter 100 years from now?

Well, I just wrote the dealer that I am returning this receiver. I cannot get any sort of reply from him, since last Monday........ This has been very disappointing and frustrating, as he was highly recommended.
Gosh, I hope Santa will be good and get me on the right track.

It will work out. There has got to be someone who will figure this out for us.

Well, I just wrote the dealer that I am returning this receiver. I cannot get any sort of reply from him, since last Monday........ This has been very disappointing and frustrating, as he was highly recommended.
Gosh, I hope Santa will be good and get me on the right track.

Is there another dealer that you can try? If there is one near your son maybe he could go and get it make sure it works and send it to you. We had to go though my niece in Cody for the dish network before we could get bell expressvu here.

Oh, it is not that the receiver doesn't work. It is that it doesn't do the job it is supposed to do, which was to bring in the Ku band digital feed. There is absolutely nothing there at all.

The thing is I explained everything about my big dish to this dealer, It's age, the fact that it is frozen in place, etc. and he recommended this receiver, claiming it was just hook up the cables and go. It is not so! And the manual is absolutely terrible. i.e. I cannot even program in the time. The manual says "you can program the time to your area". LOL, but does not say HOW. And no matter how many up,down,left,right arrows one hits, nothing changes. You cannot imagine how frustrated I have been.

I thought it was because you needed another piece that they had not sent. Maybe time to get a new dish? Or will the US dishes not get the Canadian Channels?

Yes, that is what he told me, and the piece would be for the big dish, which is 6 ft. wide, and on a 7 ft. pole attached to my garage. With the big dish anyone can get programming from all over the world. But they really do not make them much any more. With the advent of the small dish, that is what everyone gets now. I have both.

FTA Receiver

Poirot: I don't think the feed is on KU. I believe it is still on C-band. That could be your problem.

Frances

FTA Receiver

Poirot: I am going to add an addition to my previous message. First of all, I believe the signal is still on C-band. Ku reception would require an additional LNB and a dual feedhorn that would incorporate both your C-band LNB and Ku-band LNB. So, I don't think you need this. I have a TRAXIS 3500 receiver. If this is the receiver you purchased, send me a private e-mail at fraste@aol.com and I can help you set it up to receive your signal. It's not that difficult to program the receiver and once it's done, you won't have to do it again. The Traxis 3500 is under $100 and should you want a good dealer, I can provide a name for you. But, it's up to you.

Frances

The Traxis is what I wanted, but the dealer recommended a PanSat, which I now am returning. The wild feed is no longer on C-band, which is all I had before. Now he is going to charge me a 20% restocking fee, so needless to say, I am not purchasing the Traxis from him.

A 20% restocking fee after he recommended it...??? Is there someone higher up than him in the company you made the purchase from, cause I would be on the phone reading someone the riot act and getting that fee relieved....!!! If not, call the maker of the thing and tell them about it...sometimes they will bend over backwards to help out a customer....I bought a Hewlett Packer computer (years ago) from Sears once, big mistake, and Sears was no help at all....(warranty was out).....I called HP and they took care of me and my problem...!! At least the problem with the computer..:D

Inasmuch as he is the owner of the company, no such luck. And I believe the receiver was made in Korea. You are very lucky about HP.......as when that happened to me and a Magic Chef stove.....(the store said no record of my purchase and it WAS under warranty....I wrote to Magic Chef, who actually were nice enough to call me........but would/could not help either, just reccommended a different "authorized" dealer

FTA Feed

Days of Our Lives is located on Anik F-2, transponder 6 at the following:
Frequency 3820, Symbol rate 29125. This is a C-band feed, not a Ku band feed. Comes on at 2:50 a.m. central. I confirmed this through one of my c-band forums. This info can easily be plugged into the Traxis 3500. Good luck to whoever wants to view this.

Frances

I do have my regular C-band tuned into Anik2, Channel 6, but evidently the feed went digital, tho still located there. I will be ordering the Traxis 3500, and I understand I can get one preprogrammed....keeping fingers crossed again.

Hi Barb and all ... just thought I'd say hello and say that I check in often to find out where things stand with Days Ahead. I'm so sorry you are having all these problems getting back up and running and I just know it must be sooo frustrating! Please let us know if you need more donations!

Not that I am trying to be pushy or anything and I know we have all been busy with holidays and life getting in the way, I was just wondering if there has been a wee glimmer of hope anywhere? I imagine it is something that will happen after the first of the year and then with all the weather you may need to get plowed out first.

Back