Donating to the cause...

This is my first post on the board, although I have been reading the Days Ahead board for a year or so. I have tried three different times in the last week to click the place at the top of the page to donate for the equipment to get Days Ahead up and running again. My internet browser says the sight can not be found... I thought perhaps it was a temporary problem, but three tried probably means I'm not going to access the sight from here. Is there another option? Maybe a direct web sight instead of the link? I checked the Prevuse(?) sight last month, but really don't like the attitude of the writer there,and Dayscafe does alright but I enjoy your writing style and outlook on Days, so would be happy to help get Days Ahead back. Please let me know if there is a direct web sight.
By the way, I have been watching Days of Our Lives on and off since the late sixtes. In Alaska the only television we got was NBC on tapes sent up by barge from Seattle. Some towns had a broadcast station for the local area and we recieved all the shows a month late. So......... this soap opera was one of the scant selection of NBC shows we got!
The way it worked out, if you, for whatever reason, had to make a trip to the lower forty eight, you were REQUIRED to watch Days AND take notes. This was a requirement even if you did not watch the show. That way, everybody else would find out what was going to happen four weeks ahead.I remember waiting for the mail plane and then, when the person who had been down south got off the plane, standing on the dock listening to him read his notes about Days of Our Lives!!! Great way to get spoilers!

Cathy, Welcome to the board. I just love your tale of getting the Days updates. I have a friend who lives in Alaska, and her tale of how she ended up there is just as enjoyable as your tale of trying to get Days. Thank you so much for the kind words.
The "Donate" click on should take you directly to the site.....but if not....

this is the url.........https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...32c9462fe7313791b4c12e10393700300c8820f2d2c73

And for everyone.....I have been going thru every source I know and finally have been directed to two different installers.....so keep fingers crossed, and we will be back in business soon.
I have had to try and find a different supplier, as the one highly recommended fell through, (or maybe just did not want to deal with someone unfamiliar with the electronic knowledge needed. )

I am glad that you found two different intrallers. I am sure that one of them will work out. I can see the day ahead with my morning coffee now.

I just went in and donated a little. Please keep us informed as to the status of the donations. I think we all agree that we want to help get things back the way they were. As said so many times "thanks for everything you all do"!

Thanks for all your hard work Poriot and Wayne. I clicked on the link and it worked perfectly! Hope you can get the new system up and running without too much (more?) of a headache!

I cannot begin to thank you all for your most generous donations. The response has been wonderful, and while I know everyone has been anxious...we are on the road now. The equipment has been ordered, and now it is a waiting game. I will keep you updated every single step of the way.
I have asked Wayne to remove the Donate icon for now...I know it has taken some time here, but you all have pitched in together, like the family we are. I am so excited now.....I sooooooooo miss my day ahead. LOLOL

Hello all! I'm so happy to hear about the progress with the equipment and just can't wait for the days ahead to start being posted again. I have been grateful to have the other sites that do days ahead to go to, but this is the site I began with and it just feels like home to me now. Barb and Wayne, this is such a fun few minutes out of my day to look forward to and I want to thank you both for making it possible. For my part, if you need any more donations, please feel free to just say the word and add that donation button again. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it will be smooth sailing now!

Hi guys,

As you might notice near the top right, Poirot has gotten her Paypal account settled in the hopes that we help out to upgrade the hardware necessary to receive the show in advance. This would help bring back the Days Ahead Previews.

To help out, just click on the Donate button and follow the easy directions for logging into your Paypal account.

Thanks very much for your help.

Wayne and Barb.

---

For those few of us who are straggling in late, and who never saw the PayPal button, OR any links subsequently mentioned, would you or somebody please tell me where I can make a donation to this effort?

Thanks!

Bindyree, You may want to speak with Poirot or Wayne at this point. Click on either of their names and there is drop down menu where you can pick an option to send a private message.

Bindyree, You may want to speak with Poirot or Wayne at this point. Click on either of their names and there is drop down menu where you can pick an option to send a private message.

I thought about doing that -- but then I started thinking that if the info were re-posted publically, then I as well as hopefully other late donors could have the same 'ease of use' as those who donated earlier. Hopefully, Poirot or Wayne will see it that way.

Anything that makes giving money to people easier is a Good Thing.

Thanks, H! :)

Brin

UPS just delivered the package a few minutes ago. I cannot attempt any installing tonight.......but told you all, I would keep you apprised every step of the way. Yayyyy.

Back