Four actors out

I found this part of the original story posted to be interesting:

Wilson's Summer has been revealed to be a grifter trying to con heroine Maggie Horton Kiriakis (Suzanne Rogers) out of a fortune, so there's no real loss in her exit. It does make you wonder, however, why DAYS went on location to introduce a character only to ditch her so suddenly.

Right now, we haven't been shown (although we all suspect) that Summer is definitely a grifter, out to con Maggie. I wonder if this was just speculation on the part of the article writer, or if they somehow know how this story plays out?

If this is correct, then I'm glad she turns out not to be Maggie's child. Let Maggie focus on the two daughters she already has.

I remember back when Corday made the comment about how Deidre Hall (Marlena) would be active in storylines because she was Sami and Eric's mother. That had to really give the actress warm fuzzies to know the only reason she had a job was because her character gave birth to the wonderful Brady twins.

The problem, as usual, is that Belle & Shawn were brought back with NO story, just a flimsy, unbelievable excuse. Belle & Shawn were sweethearts from HighSchool, fought to be together, sailed around the world together for a few years, and suddenly, they had settled in Maine, went back to college, got degrees, (BOTH!) only Belle suddenly decided to cheat, have an affair with some married neighbor? Then returns to Salem, claims to be starting up a law practice with no office, mooches off her parents as to living arrangements, has her daughter come, as well, but ignores her, and says nothing to anyone when her sister, with whom she never got along, suddenly splits the money she stole from the DiMeras with her?

Ridiculous. and then she hits the sheets with Philip, after nearly doing so with Chad and we have Shawn coming back, never interacting with HIS family, but into forensics and easily obtaining a job. In both cases, they wander aimlessly around town, like the other Salemites who never go to work either.

Lani can leave town tomorrow and return to Miami, move to Chicago, don't care. Summer is the worst scenario, poorly constructed story, and I am guessing that being so poorly received from Day l, that story was the first one to go on the chopping block. Unfortunately, we will be seeing Summer, & whatever the story is, until mid-summer anyway.

By the way, I think Lani was done filming a few months ago. Guess the suits were saving news of her departure for sometime closer to last air date.

robinsnest - I agree so much with you right now. Had to read that twice. WHAT? "bright spot"? To me, a bright spot would be something joyful to watch, not Belle sleeping around being a tramp and promiscuous nitwit

I did enjoy Lani and Shawn together, there's so much possibility there. I'm disappointed they are leaving.

However, Belle and Summer...

Dear Belle and Summer,

So sorry the writers wrote you to be such horrible people. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Toodles, DaysLady

Absolutely no loss whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. Never liked Brian Beemer or Martha Madison as Shawn and Belle. Lani's appearance seemed forced and pointless, and I've no idea why they wasted money and time on Summer.

Someone asked Martha Madison if this was perhaps temporary, but she said no permanent. Meaning, I am guessing, that there would be no "Belle goes to Paris for a month or two, (or Maine) then returns to Salem.

I could've tolerated Martha Madison (Belle), presuming that she would have cleaned up her act. Was kind of wondering how Clarabelle's would work out. Shawn could have stuck around, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back