Four actors out

Summer, thank God!

Belle, I really don't care if the door hits ya on the way out. Take your dirty money and Sami 2.0 wanna-be rear out.

I hope Claire sticks around

Sal Stowers (Lani) what a waste of talent. Dumb writers. Theo was good with her. She understood him better than Abe sometimes.

Will any be recast, I wonder.

From the above linked article:
Belle's exit will leave beloved Days of Our Lives heroine Dr. Marlena Evans (Deidre Hall) with no on-screen children left in fictional Salem U.S.A.
What? Why does she need a kid in town to have a story?? Though Mickey was in town most of the time, Alice and Tom didn't need him to have a story, just sayin .

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think this will effect Chloe's return? I assumed they were going to tie her, Belle, Philip and Shawn Douglas in a storyline. Lani could have been a good addition to the show if written properly.:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it is always hard to hear that actors/actresses have been let go. After all, it is very difficult to find employment in a networked soap when there is only 4 now on television. :cry: We may not like the characters they portray. But they are working people like us and anytime someone loses their job it is never easy. I wish them the best of luck as they pursue other projects.

I wonder if this was just speculation on the part of the article writer, or if they somehow know how this story plays out?
I'm guessing speculation. The article has an incredibly amateurish writing style.

I wouldn't be surprised if Belle were killed off. It'd be just the style of these writers. Lani - come back later, when you have a story. They should have made her the daughter of someone they wanted to write for.

(I just don't understand creating a character, and then not writing for her...!?!?!??!)

Wow, Belle and Shawn didn't last long, guess they're the new Carrie and Austin, bring them back after much promotion, then get rid of them too soon.

Won't miss any of them, except Shawn D.

These exits don't shock me in the least. Kind of a bummer about Lani though. Was hoping she was brought on as a new love interest for Rafe, seeing as how he and Hope are just not right for each other romantically, and fans have been voicing it loud and clear.

The character of Lani is no longer on set, her last filming was a couple of months ago. They did not have her do anything except eavesdrop in the station, so was glad she finally got to go out on a case (the shootout). Like Jordan, who came on amid much promo, then did nothing at all (Rafe was in coma) except have Kate snoop around to find something...anything...to use against her.

Yes, it does seem that the show tried to bring back as many vets as possible, but it truly is a shame that the show was unable to write something decent for them. Did not help that a big change of writers occurred just as they were doing so. But I believe the Corday interview last year. that said (anyone dead after Sept.1 "stays dead) also said something to the effect that the 50th celebration would go from Sept. to May.
Now, truly, I take all he says with a grain of salt, lol, but from the filming schedule, it looks like perhaps Belle, Shawn ...and Summer as well, will be gone in May. A Sweeps month.

Jason Cook has been adamant that he no longer wants to act, prefers directing, and so he only agreed to reprise his role as Shawn for a very short time. Perhaps this is why they really did not write for him, & when they felt they needed "Shawn", they tapped Brandon Beemer to reprise the role, since he subbed before.

By the way, Martha Madison & Diedre Hall (Belle & Marlena) are very very good friends in private life.

Seeing as the title of that article contained the word "BLOODBATH", I think at least one of them will die. Perhaps all of them are part of that story. Sheesh. If I want to watch people die all the time I'll just want Investigation Discovery Channel.

Come on Days, there are other stories you can write other than murder stories.

I've never been a fan of Martha Madison (Belle) so I'm not the least bit disappointed in her departure. However, I was looking forward to seeing where the Lani and Shawn romance was headed. I am saddened to hear there both leaving.

Last edited:
Seeing as the title of that article contained the word "BLOODBATH", I think at least one of them will die. Perhaps all of them are part of that story.
"Bloodbath" has long been used in the television industry to describe when a bunch of actors (and/or writers, crew members, etc.) are let go at the same time. Doesn't necessarily mean the characters are going to die.

With Belle leaving, can Philip be far behind? I can't imagine what they will do with him, if he doesn't have Belle to obsess over.

I've never been a fan of Belle and Shawn, since they changed actors after the teen years, and especially with the way they changed Belle's character this time around, but I certainly hope they don't kill off either one of them. They have already killed off too many of the core characters in recent years. Whether I like the characters or not, I'd rather see them exit some other way.

Back