How did YOU come up with YOUR user name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know this thread existed. It's neat to learn how everyone comes up with their screen names.

Mine is simple. It's just a play on the word ceramics, since I make masks and dolls even though I am moving away from ceramics and more into polymers.

I just found this thread, too. Even though it goes back a way, I read all the posts and enjoyed it! When I first got online, I had been in therapy and worked as a mental health therapist for a while. In some forums I was in, I signed off with "in the healing spirit". Spirit was usually taken later on, so I just added my initials, kt.

This is a really cool thread. I always wondered but didn't want to ask people about their username.

Rew, I honestly thought your name had to do with a red house(chateau meaning castle aka your home & rew close to rouge meaning red)
or a kangaroo( thought maybe you liked roo's!) house!

Shows what I know! Apparently I don't know French!

holy cornhusks Farmer Bob....I didn't know I had so many nosey neighbours...lol!

It's real simple.
first of all the Chatearew is my name en Francais (well sorta taking some liberties there hokay eh?) so its Rewcastle...
hokay then the Rew....well it comes from the Rewcastle.
My real name is Deb...yep...ain't that grand...but anyone who knows me calls me Rew and I have had various variations of that Rewcastle since my highschool days....Chateaurew (in French class) Rewski, Rooroo, ScrewRewy...BlewskyRew, Rootietoottoot (my mother's was Toots) and even Roooooooooocastle. heh heh heh...but never Debbie.

so thar ya go mates. No biggie.

rewski is outski:smile:

I must admit I usually just skip around on this site to whatever looks interesting to me, but I was sitting here while my puppy was asleep (and only times I get a break) and checked this thread out. I'm glad I did, now I have a better picture of the people who post here! Thank you all, and I want to say I would have given all of you a thumbs up, but when I jumped in here there were 144 posts or something. And thanks for the new members who have posted or I might not have even noticed!

I read every post in this thread also KT.
Love reading how people come up with their username.
Gave every post on this thread that told the way a person came up with their username an appreciate!
Took a while! But you guys were worth it
Thanks for the insite.:D

My name is Jason, middle initial D, I always toss special characters in when I can, so I added an í (also it sounds very Alamainian, aka faux European). And I am a speech therapist by trade, hence: JasonDíSpeech.

I thought the Di had something to do with the DiMeras....

I could have used you years ago as a speech therapist.
I bartended and had a hard time understanding alot of the customers.
Oh....wait......that was after they were at the bar for hours......
never mind!:drunk:

I decided to click on this thread while downloading the TomTom GPS module to my new computer. WOW....All this time I thought this was the old user name thread from the old Spectator before Wayne did the updates. I enjoyed reading all of your posts.

If you've been here a while, you know that my name comes from me jumping around the yard imitating the red squirrels when I was a toddler. My Dad started calling me Squirrelly Shirley, and squirrel has stuck with me in a variety of names for the rest of my life. Most of my friends refer to me as squirrelly with another meaning.....I'm half Irish & half Italian. LOL To make it even worse......This squirrel is allergic to nuts!!!

Funny thing, Squirrel, I didn't even know how you got your nickname. It's neat that your dad gave it to you! My mother was one of ten siblings and her dad gave every one of them nicknames except for the youngest, who was unfortunately a baby when he died. I like reading about everyone's names and how they got them.

When I first started to surf the internet and discovered message boards I lurked around for a long time. What the heck were these crazy user names? Several times I wanted to post I would start to register but would get stuck at the user name. I could not think of what to put and felt so silly trying to make up a name I just gave up.

I wanted something easy to type, easy to remember. I don't want to look up my name because I put some ramdom combo of letters/numbers. Every night my cat would jump on my lap while I was watching tv. Since I wanted to register to talk about tv shows, I love cats....tvcat...viola! Easy to say, easy to remember!

My avatar is an 1896 poster advertising a 19th century cabaret in Paris called Le Chat Noir. French for the black cat. It was the first modern nightclub in the world.

Le Chat Noir.jpg

Been here for a while and never knew this thread was here ... it's fun to find out a little bit about everyone.

Mine's boring. It's my middle name (how I wish it was spelled, instead of Lee) and an address I had many houses ago.

I like how you got your nick tvcat. At one time, I had cat-dog for some signing in at some sites. At the time, a cat and dog by computer with me.

---------
I posted at NBC that I was on a Beauty and Beast old TV show site. Someone called me "mouse" after the character. I'm dyslexic and at times I say things strange or wrong. If I don't post with my real name, I use mouse.

I'm using katmouse here since I had so much trouble with getting mouse when I first signed in. My first name starts with "k" and I used instead of c. The ones who know my name, know kat the first letters in my name too :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back