How did YOU come up with YOUR user name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was younger everyone called me Flea and of course my pesky brother called me Flea chain, Flea collar, Flea bag (gotta love brothers)... but the Flea name stuck, however I did not want to be known as a bloodsucking insect so I embrassed the "name" but started spelling it Flee on everything... then when I was in high school I had a friend and everyone called her Red... and she had BigRed on her license plate, so when I got a car I put LilFlee... and it has been a user name of mine ever since! (even though I am no where near little hahaha)

There you have it :)

I got by Hel Cat as a handle on blogs and such, but I didn't know if it'd fly here so I thought I'd pick a name I knew would wok for all my favorite characters (Sami, Chloe, Nicole). And a scorned Salemite woman is one never to be trifled with.

Hey, I'm the bookworm.... because I really enjoy reading... have even been accused of having a library in my living room. I didn't, just a lot of books.
BTW I wasa docent on the Elissa when she came to Beaumont TX in 88. Gorgeous ship. Have taken the tour in Galveston, and enjoyed shopping in the store. Glad she survived the hurricane....

Forgot, my real name is Frances. My husband gave me the nickname Sandy when we started dating.... he wasn't fond of the name Frances... said it reminded him of the Donald O'Connor movies....

The first time I was asked for a username I was stumped trying to come up with something original, then the dog barked at me - so I used the dog's nickname and it stuck and use it for everything now. Still don't know how the dog got his nickname though, his name is Tex!

In the last few months, I've signed up for some boards like this one and was looking for a unique user name. I LOVE Kevin Smith, director/writer (Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, etc.). His production company is View Askew. And there is a very memorable line in the first Clerks movie that uses the number 37 (unrepeatable in this forum, as is 99% of his stuff). So, askew37. I always kind of hope for a kindred spirit to ask, hey, is that a Kevin Smith reference?

My grandson called me "bumma" when trying to say "Grandma". That was 11 years ago and it still makes me smile. :)

Since we have several new members, i am giving this a bump. Please share how you got/came up with your user name!

Mine is just short form of my middle name which is Frances my husbands first name is Francis also with a i but I call him Frank. I also took it because it has the word Fan in it and since I am a fan of Days. I could have been more creative and called myself Fran Fan or Fan Fran but that was just a little to much. Shorter version is easier.

Well I have been on this board for quite some time, since before it was moved to this forum. I usually use jboy1der since I am a comic book fan, especially Batman and Robin, since a kid, more focused on Robin.
When I signed up here, though, I wanted something different from the one I used a lot, so I just went with my name. j (john) hunter (middle name, also Grandmother's maiden name) capo (last name).

Hello,

I am a new member, as of today. :clap: Just posted in the new users introduction thread.

As for my user name, I am not very original. I am TheWriter, simply because I am indeed a published writer. More precisely, I am a children's books author here in Quebec, Canada. (Yes, I am a French Canadian). I wrote 13 novels (8 of which are part of a series) and 2 short stories.

By the way, Poirot, I am a huge fan of Agatha Christie myself.:highfive:

I am from Ellijay and I am a momma. My second youngest couldn't say Ellijay. He would get frustrated and say EJ momma EJ.... so I'm EJmomma.. hahaha bet you thought it was because I was an EJ fan ;)

I am the oldest in my family. My younger brothers were 11 and 15 when I started having children. I had all girls, and my brothers referred to them as niecelings. One day on the computer I needed a screen name, one of my brothers had just asked how his niecelings were doing. Voila niecelingmom was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back