Info on how to get Days Ahead again here!!!!!

For the record, I'd go back to direcTV in a heartbeat if they offered local channels, because that's what I'm watching 90% of the time. .....
Wayne

I have had DirecTv since November 2007 and I get local channels. You might want to check to see if they've gotten them since the last time you checked.

It might be a location thing? I'm in Florida.

I can't get the local channels I want on Dish OR Directv. I'm stuck with Pittsburgh stations when I want Erie. I don't want to pay for 200 channels of crap I won't watch. I want the soap channel, HGTV, Food Network, History, A & E, C span, DYI, Starz, HBO, Showtime, MTV, Discovery, Animal Planet and Cornerstone. I also would want something in the medical field and something Political/Legislative. So add the local big three ABC, NBC, CBS, then Fox and PBS, that's 21 channels. That's ALL I want.

I had Directv before and it sux. I really don't like paying for satellite that doesn't work when it rains and snows or has too many clouds. The only other thing to try is Dish and I doubt it would be any different.

No TBS, TNT or truTV?

You are right about DISH Network - they also suck when it is raining or snowy or cloudy.

I had the dish network years ago. Never had a problem until they noticed that we did not have a real American adress. We lost the signal and the person that we bought it from in the States closed down.

You will need to take action before February 17, 2009 if you currently watch TV on an analog TV set that is not connected to cable, satellite or other pay TV service. If you own a television with a digital tuner or subscribe to a pay TV service, you will likely continue to receive TV programming as usual after the transition.

These sites offer answers to many questions. Also, you can apply for a coupon.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html

http://www.dtv.gov/

https://www.dtv2009.gov/

So, o.k. let me make myself clear here. This thread is about getting DAy
Ahead feed via other options. I have a big 6 ft dish, and receiver on which I previously received a feed that enabled me to get Days in the middle of the night...a
Day Ahead. I truly miss that.

Days169 has advised that I can get a digital receiver, that will get me the feed, and all told will cost me under $200. If it all works.

So, posters.......as much as I love you all, that is too steep for me. I already put up $$$$ for the software for this site.....and I do not make a single penny from it.
So, while some of you may think the cost is "only".....it is beyond what I can additionally afford.
I truly miss getting Day ahead via the feed, I am sorry so many of you are so disappointed. But I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is, and how greatful I am for those of you who are still here.
The family here has been so supportive, and willing to pitch in. God Bless each and every one of you. Thank you from bottom of my heart.

T

Can we all pitch in and help Poirot out here?

So, o.k. let me make myself clear here. This thread is about getting DAy
Ahead feed via other options. I have a big 6 ft dish, and receiver on which I previously received a feed that enabled me to get Days in the middle of the night...a
Day Ahead. I truly miss that.

Days169 has advised that I can get a digital receiver, that will get me the feed, and all told will cost me under $200. If it all works.

So, posters.......as much as I love you all, that is too steep for me. I already put up $$$$ for the software for this site.....and I do not make a single penny from it.
So, while some of you may think the cost is "only".....it is beyond what I can additionally afford.
I truly miss getting Day ahead via the feed, I am sorry so many of you are so disappointed. But I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is, and how greatful I am for those of you who are still here.
The family here has been so supportive, and willing to pitch in. God Bless each and every one of you. Thank you from bottom of my heart.

T

Poirot, If you would open a paypal account I am more than sure that many of us would be willing to donate money to the cause to get you a digital receiver. I know I definitely would. If just 40 users from this board would donate 5 bucks that would get what you need to get the receiver. I'm sure many of us could manage that. We all appreciate so much what you do for us.

I am also more then willing to help pay for the reciver that you need to get the day ahead back. As I have said before you are doing so much for us and you should not have to pay for the equipement that you need. I am sure that I am not the only one that feels this way.

Poirot, If you would open a paypal account I am more than sure that many of us would be willing to donate money to the cause to get you a digital receiver. I know I definitely would. If just 40 users from this board would donate 5 bucks that would get what you need to get the receiver. I'm sure many of us could manage that. We all appreciate so much what you do for us.

Totally agreed. We owe you that much for your dedicated service at a bare minimum and I'd be more than happy to pitch in..

Wayne

Looks like I am not the only one that feels this way Poirot. Can you set up a place where we can get started on the collection?

as VCRs only work on analog, I understand........not digital.

I've always been able to record on the VCR from Dish Network and Direct TV, which according to the ads, have always been digital. We've had trouble recording off the stuff saved to the DVR, but it's been acting funky anyway, so it may be the DVR's fault.

I have been reading here for a few months now but never joined. I decided to join just so I could post that I would gladly chip in as well. I enjoy your posts a lot and it's part of my daily ritual as well. I get my coffee and read.

Thanks so much for all you have done.

Barb, I'm willing to donate $20.00 towards whatever you need to continue with Days Ahead, please just let us know where to send the money!!! I can't tell you how much I enjoy your summaries!
Thank you for all your hard work :hug:
Cindy

I will help out too. I already have PayPal so a transfer would be easy if you set up an account.

Back