Info on how to get Days Ahead again here!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome. I've been watching Days for about 20 years now. I even arranged my college class schedule around when Days was showing so I wouldn't miss it. I did skip a few years and now mainly read it here online unless I'm at the gym on the treadmill.

I live in Texas and we've had DirecTV for a long time. At first they didn't offer local channels. Then they started to offer local channels but they'd have to come and install another dish along with the other one. They were going to charge me for it and I was nice about it, but told them I could switch my service to another cable services and wouldn't have to pay for local channels. They came to install it for nothing. So we do have local channels as well, but when you do this, you do lose some other channels you did have. You'll need to check with them to see how to keep the same channels you had before along with the locals.

I'm like everyone else, Barb, I'd chip in $5.00 to help get you what you need. Like I said in previous posts, you're summaries are superb and far better than any other summary I've read.

Just let us know when it's ready or if you decide to do this or not.

Barb, how's that account coming along, so the ''fundraiser'' can begin, and you get that digital receiver you need. I don't want to put any pressure on you, I'm just wondering how's it's going since you said you'd look into the transferring money issue.

Just got an answer today from Paypal, and I have to open a "business account", as my personal one I use to pay for things online won't work for this.

I am going out of town, so it is going to have to wait til I return next week.

I would also like to contribute. Just let me know. I am ready when you are.

Money Honey

Hey Barb,
Let me know when you set it up and I'll chip in some $$$$$$ too!

I really miss my day ahead!!!!:cry2:

I can help too!

Poirot,

I have been a fan of yours fro the begining. I am not the most vocal as I am so busy with nursing school 2 years till Graduation YEA! But back on track, I have loved your dedication to writing the previews. It is the only way I can cath up with the show many times. I appreciate the many hours you have put in,and it is truly a blessing to at least keep up with our beloved DOOL. From reading you blogs here, I believe you have a whole host of people who are ready to back you any way you need.

Be Blessed as you are truly a God send to us. Thanks for all of your hard work.

xraytech, welcome to posting. :welcome: We all agree with you in our appreciation for Poirot. Glad you are joining in to post. Hope we'll see more of you when you have time to get a word in. Best wishes on your nursing school.

Have to say, I got a bit upset today. I was going to various recommended sites looking for the needed receiver, trying to discover anything additional I might need, and they were for "dealers", not dummies like me. C-band, KuBand, what do I know. ??? And then programming the receiver to get that one sattelite. Ha. They talk of scrambled video, audio only......I was just lost, lost, lost. Then I went looking for installers. Nearest one is 250 miles away. Would be SOME service call!! I just really felt sick.....and had to just stop.
Just updating you all.

Barb, Don't work yourself up. Take your time and if somebody gets inpatient I can bite their head off for you. If it upsets you too much, don't worry about it. We can live without it and the world will NOT come crashing to an end. I don't want you making yourself sick, it just isn't worth it.

Barb, Don't work yourself up. Take your time and if somebody gets inpatient I can bite their head off for you. If it upsets you too much, don't worry about it. We can live without it and the world will NOT come crashing to an end. I don't want you making yourself sick, it just isn't worth it.

That goes for me too Poirot.

That goes for me as well! Barb, just reading your website as I've said before is enough for me. It doesn't matter that it's the same day or the day ahead. I'd rather read yours anyway. So, just know, this website Rocks!

FTA Receiver

I've posted before but (sigh) here goes again. I can recommend a C-band dealer in Indiana who would be glad to sell Poirot a Traxis 3500 receiver and even program the satellite in for her. After her initial scan, all she would have to do is turn the receiver on each day just like she did with her old C-band 922 or analog receiver. The free to air receivers do require a little learning curve but I did it (a 53 year old female). And the receiver is NOT expensive. It costs less than a VCR or DVD player. It all depends on how badly anyone wants to watch the programming that is there. Technology marches on as much as I hate it, you just have to go with it.

Frances

frances........I truly appreciate the advice and offer, honest, I do. Please understand my position here. I have wonderful posters who are kindly offering to help with the expense. It is something I could not afford to do, just to get this one channel. My big dish is "frozen" pointing at the correct satellite. It cannot move off that spot, which means I do not need to have a receiver programmed for every satellite up there.
I just need it to work for the E6 one. tho, if I got a new acutator motor, it would come in handy to have a new receiver programmed already for everything. But how would someone in Indiana know the direction from MY location?

So, o.k. I get the receiver, it is preprogrammed. Then what? How do I install it, hook it up, etc. Do I need other cables, does it operate instead of or in conjunction with my present receiver?

Just so you all know.....I have been in contact with Prevuze, and know all the problems that occurred. The equipment was ordered, received, and an attempt to self-install was a failure. fortunately, a tech person resides in Prevuze town, and wqs able to come out and get everything working properly. Being as the feed does not come til the middle of the night.....it means getting up, staying up, until showtime, to be sure the feed came in. Fortunately, it worked.

Now I do not have a tech person in my town....so unless I can do it myself, correctly and successfully, I am very reluctant to ask my friends and fellow posters here to pay for something that I could possibly not get to work.
So, thus my dilemma.
I am trying the best I can to try and get back with the program. I run a full time business from home, and that comes first. And while I am not stupid, it was very frustrating not being able to get my VCR to record other channels besides CBS on my regular TV. LOL. I spent hours trying to get it to record NBC to no avail. So thank heavens Norma came to my rescue with a way to have me download Days onto my computer. (This takes about 40 minutes, then another 40 watching, and another hour or more to write it up)
and God Bless KathyLu and DJM who have stepped in to help me out.

Poirot, It was just a suggestion from me to try and help you out but please do not let this stress you out in the least. We are very happy with what you provide to us so if TPTB don't mean for us to get it a day ahead then so be it. We still love you and everything you do for us

See, this is why I call you all my wonderful posters. Thank YOU all. No, I am not giving up, just a bit frustrated is all. LOL.....that is nothing new. Ha.

Don't stress out Barb! What ever will be, will be and we'll be happy with what ever you can or can't do. I still love this site!

Back