Info on how to get Days Ahead again here!!!!!

Poirot

What you do is out of the ordinary in this day and age. I have said it before but I will say it again you are a very kind person and you stressing over this instead of saying the heck with it proves that. I love to read your summary evryday but if you do not do that it is fine,because if you stress and end up in the hospital it is not worth it and how would we know where to send the flowers!!:smile::smile::smile:

Yeah! what she said... then we will have to set up a PayPal chip in to send you flowers! :D

I agree with EasyPeasyPie. Life is full of enough stess to be getting so stressed that you make yourself sick over this.

Poirot,

I sent you a PM with very valuable info. As far as having to stay up to make sure the feed comes in, solution-leave the receiver on, set up the VCR to record whatever, channel 3 or 4, from 4:15am-5:00am. The feed is there, same time, same channel location every night. All of your cabling is included. Setup is only as hard as you make it. Its not hard at all, if you can connect a VCR to a TV, then you can do this, for a VCR to a TV is honestly in my opinion harder. LOL. Please don't stress, I wasn't a visitor to this site, but when the feed went digital, I googled and got your site and learned from your site that the feed had went digital. I, being a nice person and not a normal visitor, decided to setup a name to your forum and help you out. I have sent you all the info I can, and I hope your family here can get you going, just please don't be so reluctant. Thanks for your time. And hope it works out for you.

Josh

Josh has been a huge help, and I have had the VCR hooked up to the receiver for analog. Trust me, I only got up once in middle of night to check on the feed, that is when they were screwing around and changing channels.
And yes, I had it hooked up to that receiver no problem, so it was really frustrating when I tried to hook it up to my TV and could not get it to record. LOL.
anyway, Josh has given me loads of info so hopefully I will be on the right track soon.
Blessings on him. I cannot believe how kind it was for him to join here, just to help out.

Ur all welcome, I am a Days fan too for all my 26 yrs. On a side note, I wish they'd get back to the evil Stephano and the normal John.

Thank you so much for helping Josh. Welcome to the board. Hope to see you posting. I agree Stefano should be more evil

Just an update.....am in process of establishing the Paypal account. I have one..but it was only for me to pay....now it is a whole different ball game to receive.

Did you get the mechanics you needed to be up and running again?

I'm so excited! I'm so impatient - I really miss not reading ahead!!!!!!!!

You can email me when you need the $$$$$$$

Barbara,

Prevuze had the same issue as you about losing their days ahead feed and they got the information about what receiver to get etc. and have been posting their Prevuze for a couple of weeks now. You could try asking them for some info about what you can do. I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction. They may even know the cost so you know exactly how much donations you'll need.

Yes, I know, In fact, prevuze was helped greately by me and our poster Josh which enabled prevuze to get on track.

And I am behind. I cannot tell you all how much time I have spent trying to get things organized. I set up, i think, a PayPal account......but...the code they give me to put a link up here will not work.
I have written to Wayne for some help, but he is on the road.
I have written to the person recommended by Josh, and am awaiting a reply.

yes, days cafe is in Canada, and can get the show no problem. I am waiting word from the satellite supplier, and for Wayne to return from his work travels to help me get the code fixed for the Paypal. I am sorry, folks. Wish I was a miracle worker, but I am not. I have received all the information I need to get me back on track, but I have to wait my turn.
I have been dealing with other problems with home and business besides, so.....please do not think I am not greatful for the support and encouragement from everyone, but I do not need links to other sites that provide advance summaries. I just need to be able to get my own system back in operation, so I can resume the Day Ahead here. :)

Poirot...you mean you have a life other than the Salemspectator...???? Wow, and I thought we were the only ones...!!!! I feel so used and cheated on.....:wink:

Back