Leaving.........

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang it......this makes me really upset. Christopher Sean who plays Paul, is leaving the soap. The SOD article only says he opted to leave as his contract was up. Not sure about that. He is such a good actor, this is really a shame. He will be seen into the fall, (as will Marci Miller, who plays Abby).

In addition, though he wanted to stay, Stephen Nichols (Patch/Steve) may be going as well. His contract was up, and they have not been able to come to terms.......not more money......just more airtime than once a week. We can see how hero Steve is on the backburner, made blind, and currently just used as filler.

Marci finished filming end of May, which has her appearing until November, a sweeps month. Kate Mansi, who used to play Abby will be returning to reprise the role, but not sure how long she will be around.

So disappointed in Paul's departure. And even more so if Steve also leaves. Though I can't blame the actors, of course. It must be so frustrating the way they are being treated. This soap is losing all its appeal in my opinion. No more really good guys, no more beautiful romances (rape or grief sex are apparently romance in the eyes of the the so called Days writers), no more real adventures. Bravo, Days, way to go. :sarcasm: So I would be very surprised if Days survived for long. There's only so much crap TPTB can pull before somebody else just decides to pull the plug altogether.

So, with Paul's departure, I'm guessing they will be revisiting Sonny and Will. :angry: Nope, that ship had sailed in my opinion. Sonny has become either a big baby trying to act like a CEO, a very naive dude (this whole Leo scenario is beyond stupid) or an angry guy lashing out for no reason. His treatment of Paul was horrible. And now, Paul is leaving. Definitely not a happy camper here.

I didn’t post about Stephen Nichols (Patch/Steve). But I have been reading tweets that he may be gone. They only wanted to sign him for one day of taping per week.

I am upset about this news. I had read tweets about Stephen Nichols (Steve) but since nothing official had been said, I was hoping that he and the show were working together to come to an agreement about the number of episodes per week he would be on. I love having Steve and Kayla on the show as they and John and Marlena are the last great couples of the supercouple era left on the show.

As for Christopher Sean (Paul), that is a great loss for the show. I first saw him on Hawaii 5-0 and this guy can act! I was really hoping that Days would wake up to the fact that he was a really great actor and give him a frontburner story that would show off his acting talents. I was also pulling for Paul and Will to be together, as Sonny has become more tiresome since he returned this time and he treated Paul horribly. I also feel Will and Sonny as a couple were ruined before Will had been strangled by Ben, so I am not happy if they get back together.

Peter Reckell (ex-Bo Brady) also wanted more air time and that is, supposedly, the main reason he didn't sign another contract. Like many people, I like to revisit/relive the past, but that doesn't fly in real life. Steve and Bo were young and romantic but those days are way in the past. Unfortunately, TPTB in the media want young, handsome and pretty to inundate their screens. I always liked Steve, too, but his time in the sun may be over, and he is no longer leading man material. ::SIGH:: If he can supplement his Social Security with one day's work a week, more power to him. I don't miss Bo Brady at all, but Steve will be sorely missed by this fan.

I just wish they could talk him into staying, .......but if they cannot think of anything else for him to do, besides be the 3rd corner of a triangle, then I do not blame him for wanting to leave. Tis a shame Days lets gold sit on a shelf, while the brass & aluminum get used constantly.

I agree Poirot. Give the guy a few more contract outs and let him work with more dynamic stories. And I hope that Stephen Nichols (Patch) and the show can come to an understanding because at least when Steve's around, the writers don't trash the character (like they did when Mary Beth Evans [Kayla] returned last time).

Then again - when they try to branch Paul out as a PI - it doesn't work. Can't he coach something or become the new town priest or something?

You know, when Paul first arrived in Salem, and found he could no longer play, he DID coach kids, but it was such a short spell and never got mentioned again. (I think it was how he first met John, who also did some coaching)

Back