Resurrection...

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New show debut Sunday nite 3/9. Oh, my gosh, I was sooo hooked. Really intriguing. A fabulous premise, that stuns and puzzles residents of the small town of Arcadia, MO. And even opens questions of something that happened over 30 years ago. Have to say it got me hooked right off the bat.

Last night, after I went to bed and was thinking about the show, I was trying to remember where I had heard that town name, Arcadia, before. And then remembered a series from some years ago that was called Joan of Arcadia.....about a teen age gal (played by Amber Tamblyn) who sees and speaks to God.

LOL, no problem. I thought we were not going to see Under the Dome til next year, so good to know.

I had seen a few previews for this show, so was curious. And have to say, it hooked me at the very beginning. What a start.

This show definitely hooked me from the get go. I jumped off the couch when the boy looked around in that rice paddy , and saw the water buffalo. Until then, I thought he was near his home. Also, his seizure has to lead to something in an upcoming episode. Otherwise there wouldn't have been much point in showing it.

I didn't have a clue who the man with the beard was until his daughter saw him. Looks like the people will appear somewhere else, and all need to get back to Arcadia.

I've seen similar movies and old tv shows with people returning from the dead years later only they returned to the town that they lived in. (One show was titled The 4400 because that's how many people came back.)

I thought PERHAPS the seizures was to get him into the hospital, where he would meet his cousin, the daughter of the aunt who died. There has to be a way to pull others into the story. The boy is a good actor, that opening scene was fantastic.

rs, I watched The 4400 too.

At first, I thought Jacob ran when he saw the man. I guess he remembered
where he put his GI Joe toy.

Honest, I could not figure out why he was running away like that, his poor father was practically having a heart attack. Gotta say, I did not want it to end, and have to wait a week. LOL

The hospital was also a good way to introduce his best friend who is now a minister. He seemed to handle things as well as could be expected in the hospital, but almost lost it when the Mom and boy walked into church.

They keep talking about his Aunt Barbara, cousin Maggie's mother, so I bet she's one of the next ones to show up.

kat - The only thing is I thought The 4400 "vanished" at different times without being dead. They also returned with odd powers. I hope this show doesn't follow along that line with a weird new religion based on super powers and aliens.

I was also hooked. It was very emotional. Better than so many of the new shows. This had Stefano written all over it. LOL!:rotfl:

Appreciate the recommendation, Poirot. It does look intriguing.

I also remember "Joan of Arcadia," nice show. Amber Tamblyn is the daughter of "West Side Story's" Russ Tamblyn and a good actress.

RCN offers Primetime On Demand, in which ABC participates, so I will try to check out Resurrection.

I tuned in but like I always do, I fell asleep before the end and woke up and saw I missed it. I will watch again next week, though! My mom watched Under The Dome and said was thinking this show was like that.

If I'd known you were watching, Barb, I would have called you! I called my friend Raine in St Louis during a commercial, to see if she was watching, but she had just walked in the door and had missed the first half.
So good!!!

yeah, I thought it was her stethoscope, but it was not that

Back