Showdown of the Century-Sami vs Abby!!!

What I don't see here is recognition that the act by EJ and Abby happened months before Sami did anything about it....she carried that anger inside for how long without any action?

While plotting and planning her retribution... It became obvious that she was hurt and wanting revenge...but she didn't do a thing, EXCEPT for being over-the-top friendly to Abby and keeping the love-affair with EJ going. Don't know what you would call that other than SICK!!

Payback could have been great if it had been done when the "deed" was discovered; but Sami doesn't do things like that...she waits and only performs when she's good and ready...sometimes you miss the boat that way and I do believe maybe she has done that and in turn, done herself in. By the time she let the world know, it had festered and become life-consuming...and Sami loves that drama...and I don't believe anyone else cares. I don't!

Sorry to hear that Jazz Cat, I hope things are better now. In my case I wasn't married but it did ironically lead to me dating my now husband so it was a blessing in disguise.

@Helpless - the thing is everyone gave Rafe sympathy and Sami grief when she cheated.

I hardly call what Sami got as grief, in fact Marlena was hoping they would work it out. Anyway, the Abby and EJ affair would have more zing if it was still going on and if both parties were not seen as apologetic. That is why Sami needs to let go of her anger to both parties. Not to give either a pass but for herself and her own sanity and well being. That is the point Will and everyone else has been telling her and why she needs to stop. It will do her no good in the end.

:OT: I am sorry that happened to you in your personal life Jazzcat and grkpebbles, I just want to say that I don't condone cheating, so please don't get me wrong.:)

After. I did not agree with her being okay that they (Carrie/Rafe) kissed but she was hoping that the foursome would work it out and that much I appreciated. Compared to what they have had Rafe do since then(this Kate/Jordan/Rafe SL) that was sadly nothing. lol.

If I had a child/niece/sister/mother like Sami who for all of her life used, manipulated, and hurt me, never cared what I was going through as long as she got what she wanted, blamed me and everyone in the family for all of her terrible acts and trouble, pushed me away anytime I tried to show concern - all this for 30 years or more - and THEN decided her rapist was the love of her life despite all of the harm he and his family have done to her family, I would've been done with her a long, long time ago.

She is a self-fulfilling prophecy of a hateful, spiteful, self-destructive, idiotic maniac. I'm not sure what her family is supposed to do?? If Marlena tried to help, she would blame her and John for all of her problems; if Carrie tried to help, she'd throw it back in her face, when Eric tried to help, she thought it was ok that she was still with the person that helped his sister cover up Eric's rape; her grandmother tried to help but (in my opinion) was misguided in using what she (Caroline) had done in the past - apples and oranges. Who hasn't been burned, used, and snubbed by Sami in her family that could or would help her?? I can't think of a single person except perhaps Roman, and she's hurt him throughout the years as well.

If she looked at her life without her extreme ego in play, she would see that Stefano and Kristen DiMera were responsible for all of the troubles she had in her early years (for the way they treated Marlena and manipulated John and Roman) and EJ DiMera has been responsible for all of her troubles in recent years. Now she's one of them, so let them help her or feel sorry for her.

The affair between EJ & Abby was long over when Sami learned of it, but she did nothing. She very happily begged Abby for art lessons, made her the wedding planner, and maid of honor. But NOW she is bitterly talking of how she & Abby were friends, but all the while Abby was sleeping with EJ, and that was not true. And Sami knows it.
Sami busily gathered together the material needed to put EJ in jail for tax evasion, even making sure it would happen on their wedding day, and AFTER the wedding. She faked and pretended in order to get proxies and power of attorney, etc. She waited until after the board meeting, where she & Kate brought out their fake letters, and were named CEOs. And then she let the axe fall.
No, Sami found out, and did nothing. She waited and bided her time.
And I don't think anyone, at any time, did anywhere near that to Sami after she cheated on Rafe.

sher and Poirot:clap::clap::love::love::love: times a million! That is exactly what I have been trying to say. Sami feels humiliated for falling for EJ's lies that she is looking to humiliate Abigail. Someone a few days ago said that Sami is projecting her self hatred onto Abby and this could not be more true, especially after she opens her mouth. Which is why I was glad Abigail did the talking in todays episode and got to give it back .

If you haven't been there and done that with a cheater you can't have any idea what it will do to you..........you hate both your ex and his paramour for a long long long time.......then finally you become indifferent. Sami just hasn't hated enough yet.

My thoughts:

EJ and Abby are only sorry and apologetic because they finally got caught... they do not get the right to say "oh, so sorry" and move on.. does not work that way.. they are acting like this is nothing and should be forgiven. Watching today's scenes, Abby still loves EJ and he is still hot for her.. NOTHING has changed there except the fact they are not at the Horton cabin, showers or in the stock room.

Now if like you all are saying that Sami should have confronted them when she found out. What would that have gotten her?? NOTHING... EJ would have spun it to his advantage and begged her to still love him.. Nope .. Revenge is best served cold!!

Abigail apologizes and cries about what happened.. then she runs into EJ and goes weak at the knees. Heck, she even thought and WANTED him to say he wanted a reconciliation during their meeting yesterday. How sincere and sorry can she be if she still wants EJ? She even bragged about how many times they had sex today!

Sami said Abigail sounded like she was in love with EJ today, and I agree with that. Abigail is the pathetic one who is in love with another woman's husband, and had an affair with him knowing he was engaged. Yes, I agree that EJ is also to blame for this affair, but I really can't get the image of her pulling him back at the Horton Cabin out of my head. THAT is what initiated this entire thing, even after EJ tried walking away.

An interesting aspect of the Abigail-Sami battle of the century is the role that third parties will play in its resolution. The writers could have gotten this theme off to a good start by having a tougher Kayla refusing to do Sami's bidding. After all, she's the ex-wife of Steve Johnson the man who once kidnapped Stefano and dragged him in front of TV cameras. She should also have told the board that its new member is a renegade who's irresponsibly using her position to blackmail the hospital for personal gain. And if push came to shove, Kayla could have made a splash by resigning. The former Ms. Johnson might have gone back to tending bar at the Pub where she'd probably meet a better class of people than at third-rate University Hospital (or if she's the great physician she's supposed to be, she could land a job at a real hospital, instead of working at the renowned center of quackery and medical malpractice).

My thoughts:

EJ and Abby are only sorry and apologetic because they finally got caught... they do not get the right to say "oh, so sorry" and move on.. does not work that way.. they are acting like this is nothing and should be forgiven. Watching today's scenes, Abby still loves EJ and he is still hot for her.. NOTHING has changed there except the fact they are not at the Horton cabin, showers or in the stock room.

Now if like you all are saying that Sami should have confronted them when she found out. What would that have gotten her?? NOTHING... EJ would have spun it to his advantage and begged her to still love him.. Nope .. Revenge is best served cold!!
Thing is, as was stated many times, while there was a connection or feelings...it was never really love.

edited to fix quote....JS

I'm torn here.. on one hand if I was Sami id be *bleep* and be out for blood from both of them.. Ok Sami got Abigail fired.. that's it... move on.. she took EJ's company(s).... ok that's good enough but not for Sami..

ON the other hand I feel like Abigail, and especially her mama, walk around Salem like they have no responsibility at all . Neither of them go to work hardly ever, everything is just handed to them constantly. While Jen is much worse than Abigail with all of this, I just can't help but feel like I'm glad Abigail stood up to Sami. But then Abigail had it coming to her also for what she did.

Sami is going overboard as usual, but it's entertaining to watch...

I haven't seen the show for today yet but this confrontation sounds delicious. So Abigail apologized but did she say anything about begging EJ to be his mistress & Sami wouldn't have to know? I hope that tidbit from the conference room is what Sami has on video. I don't think we've learned yet if we ever will what she has on video. I do think that's an important thing for Abigail to fess up to tho. Friend, enemy, or person not known, that fact would show that Abigail wanted to continue pursuing EJ but EJ wasn't wanting to continue it. Abigail hasn't really taken full responsibility on her part, to me, until she lets that known to Sami & apologizes for that, not that it would do any good. It would help Abigail look better tho.

If I remember correctly, Kate had to keep Sami focused on their long run & not reveal that she knew about the affair. If Kate wasn't involved I think Sami would've gone haywire on them earlier.

Like Abigail, EJ has apologized & taken responsibility for his part to Sami. In all this I believe wholeheartedly that they both deserve equal shares of getting Sami's angst.

Oh poor wittle Abby. NOT! If the hospital rules include a clause that says having an inappropriate relationship with a board member is terms for dismissal and barring from ever working at the hospital again, then Abby getting fired is what she deserves.

Sami offered a way that, while was humiliating, yet it was less publicly humiliating than the full blown hearing and the circus of hell that Anne would have made it into. Kayla really didn't have the right to refuse to follow the policy so the little suggestion of holding the donation would not have ended up coming into play at all.

I just wish it really meant that a Horton heir would be banned forever (we know this won't last one way or another). Also Sami did wait, plot and bide her time to enact her revenge so she didn't do nothing. This time she knows she needs to utterly destroy EJ and part of completely breaking him is the complete breaking of Abby.

So when Abby went over and told Sami the fight was on, I was laughing. Quick study or not, Sami has been ready for a long time and has far more experience.

Yes, but the thing is, why is Abby fired for this but nobody else who violated the clause? Some people still think Theresa and Daniel made love. Everyone knows his bedroom life with Jennifer, thanks to Maxine and Maggie (shall we call this Salem Gossip Duo M&M?). Then there is Brady and Theresa...I remember it was a huge deal back when Nathan and Melanie were first starting to go out, that it was against the rules. But now it seems as if everyone who works there has had a little roll in the hay with some other hospital employee. They need to keep little things like this consistent if they expect us to watch, care about, and enjoy those types of stories.

Back