Showdown of the Century-Sami vs Abby!!!

SarahBeth, to expand on an oft used term by you, Abigail is showing her true Hagette colors.

She's so sorry, apologized, feels bad but doesn't want to take the consequences. To Holy Hagette & her hag of a mother, once they apologize it should all be said & done.

Thing is, as was stated many times, while there was a connection or feelings...it was never really love.
We really don't know that. While EJ has professed his undying love for S'manther, and denied feelings for Abigail, I think he still wants her. I also think Abigail, if not in love with EJ, still has the hots for him.

Yes, but the thing is, why is Abby fired for this but nobody else who violated the clause?
Maybe because Sami is the only one with the guts to do something about it.

Did the rules state inappropriate with a board member or just another employee?:confused: They have only discussed board member so far that I heard.

What I think makes the Abby and EJ thing an inappropriate relationship is the fact that it was an affair and not just two people in a relationship as well as a relationship where someone could have influence where they shouldn't.

But in the hospital manual if the rules were actually written out it would define what was inappropriate such as a relationship where someone could have influence where they shouldn't.

So it could have not said with a board member but something else that defined it as such. I think that more than likely Sami made the emphasis on employee and board member.

So...you think that "board member" matters, but not a doctor? yes, kayla had Abby read the section that might pertain to her and EJ. Didn't say a word about the board member being charged with a felony or being in jail, but who cares, right?
Jen/Daniel, Theresa/Daniel, Chloe/Daniel, Brady/Theresa, Mike/April, Mike/Carrie, Mike/Robin, Jen/Daniel.....a long long list here.

Actually, you all have a point. I really think that Abby should be stoned in the middle of Horton Town Square. And if she doesn't die, then tarred & feathered and ridden out of town on a rail. She should lose her citizenship, be forced to leave the country, and forever sail the seas, the Woman without a Country.
And meanwhile, Sami can get her halo, sit on her pedestal, and be anointed a saint. Poor thing had to put up with so much more than anyone could endure. :sarcasm:

When I read your last sentence, Poirot, I looked for a vomiting emoticon, but couldn't find one. Glad it's been a while since my last meal today.

The halo should be a nest of snakes around her head and the pedestal a stack of buffalo excrement. That would show what she is (venomous) and what she's full of.

The main reason why Sami looks bad in her war against Abigail is how she's involving third parties. Embarrassing Jenny's perfect little daughter or trying to get her fired are arguably within the bounds of reason. In fact, the job is of the insignificant no-show variety that appears to be less challenging and have less social value than JJ's community service gig cleaning up the Town Square. Abigail could simply quit, never look back, and fall into another cushy position of the type that is the birthright of all of Salem's Hortons. What puts Samantha Gene's unholy crusade beyond the pale is that she put the unoffending Kayla on the spot and is putting her private revenge ahead of the interests of the hospital and the patients it serves. This is straight out of the DiMera playbook: get what you want and who cares about the collateral damage.

Great memories about the Ninja Turtle.

I posted this caption March 7. I wonder what date this episode was taped :)

sami-4-2014-jpg.2104

So...you think that "board member" matters, but not a doctor? yes, kayla had Abby read the section that might pertain to her and EJ. Didn't say a word about the board member being charged with a felony or being in jail, but who cares, right?
Jen/Daniel, Theresa/Daniel, Chloe/Daniel, Brady/Theresa, Mike/April, Mike/Carrie, Mike/Robin, Jen/Daniel.....a long long list here.

If you are referring to the question I asked it was merely that.....a question. As stupid as other things are in Salem the manual may have only mentioned board members. As you and others have said, many many many others have slept together too.

Just to clarify a couple things, Sami found out about the affair AFTER Nick died. So she did not know about the affair when the art lessons were going on. Also, I don't think anyone has asked Sami to forgive Abigail. So I don't understand why that is being questioned here repeatedly. Yes, Sami has every right to be angry and hurt. But the way she is dealing with it is ridiculous and way over the top. This revenge will only come back to hurt her and her children in the end. This affair ended months ago. Regardless of any lingering feelings EJ and Abigail may have, they mutually ended the affair a long time ago and both have admitted it was wrong repeatedly. And both have shown guilt as well. And not just because they were caught--they admitted it was wrong months ago.

Sami has been a force to be reckoned with since she came back to Salem as a teenager. She has shot more than one person, raped a man, kidnapped her baby sister, maliciously kept her Carrie and Austin apart for years, willingly slept with her own rapist, willingly stayed with the brother of the woman who raped her twin when said brother defended his sister's actions, and ruined 2 perfectly good marriages because of her rapist. And she just threatened to pull money from a children's wing at the hospital just to fire Abigail. So while Sami being cheated on is absolutely wrong, she knew EJ was a cheater when she got together with him. So that joke is on her. I have no sympathy whatsoever for Sami, especially when she is once again taking her vindictiveness too far.

As for today's scenes, I thought they were awesome!

Yes, am sure that there are other passages in that book that would pertain to others. Doctors, patients, etc. etc. It is a shame that the writers chose this kind of "reason" for the dismissal of Abby, when there is a huge list of violations by others.

I think that someone should pull the Board bylaws and find a clause stating that Board members must be elected or selected with no substitutions allowed. That would immediately pull Sami off the Board.

I believe in real life especially at medical teaching hospitals that doctors & surgeons are given privileges to work there. Most have a private practice. A relationship between a doctor & patient or doctor & employee if it poses a threat to the hospital is something that the hospital takes up with the police if illegal or suspends the doctor's privileges at that hospital. There are a lot of doctor/employee (clinical & non clinical) relationships that they met at the hospital. A board member is different.

I think Sami was stupid for using the donation for blackmail. All she had to do was tell Kayla that if she didn't fire Abigail then she would expose Kayla for not following policy when it was towards a family member. Then again Sami has never been the sharpest tack in the bunch. She reacts very well but doesn't think as well.

As for EJ, not being in DiMera Enterprises anymore, he wouldn't have a seat. This would all be a PR issue if he was but that would mean Jennifer would have to show up to work. Good luck on that. lol :)

Agreed Sirramix. By the way, I'm not saying Sami is an angel and Abby is the devil. Nor do I agree with the way she treated Kayla. What I am saying is it seems like before Sami got Abby fired, everyone was defending Abby as if what she did was ok and Sami should just get over it.

I believe that is unreasonable. And honestly, shouldn't Sami be praised for finally sending EJ to jail? All these years everyone wanted the Dimeras in jail and she actually accomplished it. Her Uncle Bo had been working on it full time for 2 years and she did it in a few weeks. Good on her...

edited to write out text-speak phrase....JS

I haven't seen anyone defend Abby per se. What I have seen are people who genuinely love and care about her listen to her admission of the affair and the guilt and then basically chalk it up as a mistake. Sure there have been people who have blamed it on EJ but Abby immediately and rightly corrected them.

Sami has every right to be angry and I don't think anyone is denying her that. But there is such a thing as going too far with revenge. Immediate gratification doesn't work in the long run.

Poirot said:
Actually, you all have a point....
That's true, and poking fun at the opinions of others is hitting a tad below the belt... sarcasm smiley notwithstanding.

[Sami] is putting her private revenge ahead of the interests of the hospital and the patients it serves.
This is nothing new for Sami. She has always put her wants and wishes above anyone else's.

Back