Soap stars as guests on other shows part 6

That's so sad about DISH and MeTV. I keep reading stories about DISH dropping this channel and that channel. I guess I should consider my over the air a plus. I do lose channels as some of the local stations will drop or switch their "side channels", but they have, for the most part, remained constant.

Well, bad on them! I thought for a while that it might be a temporary contract dispute, as often happens with one channel or another, but after I saw the ad for streaming, I decided it is probably permanent. I'm disappointed because it was where I got some of the old westerns and other things I watch. But I am seeing some of them on EWSTN and INSP.

You never know, OC, often times they'll eventually kiss and make up, then the channel is back on the DISH lineup.

I can get MeTV with just rabbit ears, but I know that due to logistics, that's not possible for many because of where they live and how far the signal is for them.

Last night Blake Berris (Nick) was on a Hallmark movie......I think it was called Made For Each Other......More at the beginning, as once he & the girl broke it off, don't recall seeing him again.

O.K. here is something odd.....I have Dish....and on the TV, I put the guide for the day's TV schedule, and I see MeTV on our local channel list. I cannot remember what Channel 13 used to be, I think it was WGN, ???...but that is the channel MeTV is on here. now. (Duluth, MN is where my local TV comes from - MeTV used to be a channel 247 on Dish.

I'm watching one of the Perry Mason reunion movies from 1993 (Perry Mason: The Case of the Killer Kiss) and it's filled with soap stars.

Arleen Sorkin (Calliope Jones/Days)
Karen Montcrieff (Gabrielle Pascal/Days - Eve Donovan's mother)
Genie Francis (Laura Spencer/GH and the first Diana Colville/Days)
Linda Dano (Felicia Gallant/Another World and briefly Vivian Alamain/Days)
Stuart Damon (Alan Quartermain/GH)
Sean Kanan (Deacon Sharpe/Y&R & B&B)
Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin/Y&R)
Krista Tesreau (Mindy Lewis Corday/Guiding Light)
Michael Tylo (Quentin Chamberlain/Guiding Light and Blade & Rick/Y&R, in addition to appearing on other soaps - was also married to Hunter Tylo who played Marina Toscano on Days and Taylor Hayes on B&B)

O.K. here is something odd.....I have Dish....and on the TV, I put the guide for the day's TV schedule, and I see MeTV on our local channel list. I cannot remember what Channel 13 used to be, I think it was WGN, ???...but that is the channel MeTV is on here. now. (Duluth, MN is where my local TV comes from - MeTV used to be a channel 247 on Dish.
That's interesting. I can't find it on mine. Yes, used to be 247. I looked on channel13. It's some kind of Spanish channel but when it gets there it isn't even 13. It's 11. Looks like mine doesn't have a channel 13.

The physical channel numbers sometimes vary by location. I'd try flipping through all of your channels to see if MeTV was moved to a different channel on your system. I know they don't always immediately update the on-screen channel guide.

I know she wasn't on Days, but many here remember Constance Ford (Ada from Another World, who was Rachel's mother). Just saw her on a Perry Mason rerun. It's amazing how many old soap actors guest-starred on that show.
Constance Ford is one of my all-time favorite character actors! Her Ada was one of the best characters on Another World.

www.soapoperanews.net

Alison Sweeney and Cameron Mathison Return for Second 'Hannah Swensen Mystery' on Hallmark

Alison Sweeney (Sami, DAYS) and Cameron Mathison (Drew, GH) return for second Hannah Swensen Mystery on Hallmark. Learn more here--->>
www.soapoperanews.net
www.soapoperanews.net
I love the books in this series, and when I first heard Alison Sweeney (Sami) was going to be Hannah Swensen, I was not convinced Alison was a good fit.

I found the first movie on Peacock, and pretty much enjoyed it. I hope Peacock will offer this one too.

I happened to look at the IMDB page of Jenna Ortega, who plays Wednesday Addams on the new Netflix show and was surprised to see she had been on Days. When I found the episode, then I remembered her. She played Hayley, a little girl Kristen talked to at St. Luke's school.

b54b9dd65df53568753a6172b11d65bc.jpg

Eric & Kristen talk to Hayley and her 2nd cousin. Seems Hayley lost her mom 6 mos. ago, and now stays with the cousin, is very bright but grades have been slipping just lately. Eric tries talking to her, Hayley is silent. Eric leaves the room with the cousin, Kristen empathizes with Hayley's silence, talks of being very young and losing her parents, only her brother and her were left. How mad they were, and how she would not talk, figuring she might scream, or thrash about, yell at people. Hayley has tears coming down her face, she nods. Kristen assures her it will get better, and eventually she won['t be so mad anymore. Hayley hugs her, Eric is in the doorway. He comes in, Hayley's cousin is waiting for her in the hall. Kristen seem rather emotional, but tries hiding it, saying the girl just needed a hug. She grabs her purse has to take off now.

Back